I've acquired a pair of ortofons recently and am enjoying it a lot but the issue of fitting has came into prominence recently, I tried all the SML sized stock silicone tips that came with the earphones and I find that the large tips seem to fit my ear the best, but then still vacuum cannot be achieved in my right ear. I did try out the comply foam tips that came with the earphones but they do seriously affect sound quality (in a negative way.. reduced treble and mids clarity )so I was just wondering if anybody on this forum in possession of those beauties has got some ideas or suggestions? I've heard that the shure olives do not affect the sound quality to a great extend but do fit greatly like the comply foam tips do.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/27/10
- brandOrtofontagged by System, 8/27/10
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/27/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/27/10
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- productSennheiser IE 7 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- brandSonytagged by System, 8/27/10
Related Forum Threads
- Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 8/9/13 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 9/28/10 at 2:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are classic brands (Shure, Sennheiser, AKG) losing their strength? Last post on 9/19/10 at 10:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which cheap earphones have the best wire? (Want to replace wire in X10) Last post on 9/6/10 at 2:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Quick decision needed: Sennheiser IE8 or Ortofon e-Q7 Last post on 8/18/10 at 6:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Ear tips for Ortofon E-Q7?post #1 of 106/13/10 at 11:25amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 106/13/10 at 11:33ampost #3 of 106/13/10 at 11:43ampost #4 of 106/13/10 at 12:29pmThread Starter
But how do they affect the sound quality? And I'm not so sure but I think my right ear canal's kinda messed up.. With normal silicone tips a proper seal can hardly be achieved... What about the shure olives do they fit ? And do they affect the sound quality like the complys do?post #5 of 106/13/10 at 12:37pm
All tips will have there own unique impact on sound quality , the shure olives affect the sound in the same way as comply tips but not such a drastic drop in treble .sennhesier double flange increase bass on the ortospost #6 of 106/13/10 at 12:44pm
I also use sony hybrids with my EQ-7, my problem with the original tips was that they earphones felt loose in my ear and didn't isolate that good but the hybrids solved those two very nicely.post #7 of 106/13/10 at 12:48pmpost #8 of 106/13/10 at 12:52pmThread Starterpost #9 of 106/13/10 at 12:57pmpost #10 of 106/13/10 at 12:58pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ear tips for Ortofon E-Q7?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 32 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › HM-901 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Sennheiser HD650 Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › JDS labs O2 or C5 6 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 6 minutes ago
- › PRESS RELEASE: Sennheiser at IFA 2014 - The Future of Audio 7 minutes ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 8 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF140 Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN Tour Thread and Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)