I've acquired a pair of ortofons recently and am enjoying it a lot but the issue of fitting has came into prominence recently, I tried all the SML sized stock silicone tips that came with the earphones and I find that the large tips seem to fit my ear the best, but then still vacuum cannot be achieved in my right ear. I did try out the comply foam tips that came with the earphones but they do seriously affect sound quality (in a negative way.. reduced treble and mids clarity )so I was just wondering if anybody on this forum in possession of those beauties has got some ideas or suggestions? I've heard that the shure olives do not affect the sound quality to a great extend but do fit greatly like the comply foam tips do.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/27/10
- brandOrtofontagged by System, 8/27/10
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/27/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/27/10
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- productSennheiser IE 7 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- brandSonytagged by System, 8/27/10
Related Forum Threads
- Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 8/9/13 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 9/28/10 at 2:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are classic brands (Shure, Sennheiser, AKG) losing their strength? Last post on 9/19/10 at 10:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which cheap earphones have the best wire? (Want to replace wire in X10) Last post on 9/6/10 at 2:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Quick decision needed: Sennheiser IE8 or Ortofon e-Q7 Last post on 8/18/10 at 6:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
My preferred sound signature: A bit bass heavy, forward mids, and neutral treble. Love high detailed and clear sound. *All critical listening is done using a Chord Mojo* In almost every...
Introduction Meze 99 Neo – The new classic headphone from Meze. Meze 99 Neo is the new headphone, or rather a headphone with a twist from the Romanian headphone producer Meze....
The AKG K550 revisited. At the time, shortly after I bought my Audio Technica A900Xs I had auditioned the AKG's and I felt my choice for the A900Xs was the right one. I felt the K550s had this...
I have got these recently and I am very happy with my purchase. Denon has not failed me so far and I have used few of their products. I think somebody in Denon knows that the high quality will make...
Edifier K180 Communicator Earbud In many ways the Edifier H180 is a classic. As of 2017, they have been around for four years, earning a nice reputation at Head-Fi. The slightly different K180...
Ear tips for Ortofon E-Q7?post #1 of 106/13/10 at 11:25amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 106/13/10 at 11:33ampost #3 of 106/13/10 at 11:43ampost #4 of 106/13/10 at 12:29pmThread Starter
But how do they affect the sound quality? And I'm not so sure but I think my right ear canal's kinda messed up.. With normal silicone tips a proper seal can hardly be achieved... What about the shure olives do they fit ? And do they affect the sound quality like the complys do?post #5 of 106/13/10 at 12:37pm
All tips will have there own unique impact on sound quality , the shure olives affect the sound in the same way as comply tips but not such a drastic drop in treble .sennhesier double flange increase bass on the ortospost #6 of 106/13/10 at 12:44pm
I also use sony hybrids with my EQ-7, my problem with the original tips was that they earphones felt loose in my ear and didn't isolate that good but the hybrids solved those two very nicely.post #7 of 106/13/10 at 12:48pmpost #8 of 106/13/10 at 12:52pmThread Starterpost #9 of 106/13/10 at 12:57pmpost #10 of 106/13/10 at 12:58pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ear tips for Ortofon E-Q7?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread! 1 minute ago
- › Mission LX-2 speakers + cables etc 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 2 minutes ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Summer Kick-Off Meet: Saturday - May 20th,... 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Comparison of 5 High End Digital Music Servers - Aurender... 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › Meze 99 Neo by Dobrescu George
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear