I've acquired a pair of ortofons recently and am enjoying it a lot but the issue of fitting has came into prominence recently, I tried all the SML sized stock silicone tips that came with the earphones and I find that the large tips seem to fit my ear the best, but then still vacuum cannot be achieved in my right ear. I did try out the comply foam tips that came with the earphones but they do seriously affect sound quality (in a negative way.. reduced treble and mids clarity )so I was just wondering if anybody on this forum in possession of those beauties has got some ideas or suggestions? I've heard that the shure olives do not affect the sound quality to a great extend but do fit greatly like the comply foam tips do.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/27/10
- brandOrtofontagged by System, 8/27/10
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/27/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/27/10
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- productSennheiser IE 7 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- brandSonytagged by System, 8/27/10
Related Forum Threads
- Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 8/9/13 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 9/28/10 at 2:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are classic brands (Shure, Sennheiser, AKG) losing their strength? Last post on 9/19/10 at 10:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which cheap earphones have the best wire? (Want to replace wire in X10) Last post on 9/6/10 at 2:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Quick decision needed: Sennheiser IE8 or Ortofon e-Q7 Last post on 8/18/10 at 6:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Ear tips for Ortofon E-Q7?post #1 of 106/13/10 at 11:25amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 106/13/10 at 11:33ampost #3 of 106/13/10 at 11:43ampost #4 of 106/13/10 at 12:29pmThread Starter
But how do they affect the sound quality? And I'm not so sure but I think my right ear canal's kinda messed up.. With normal silicone tips a proper seal can hardly be achieved... What about the shure olives do they fit ? And do they affect the sound quality like the complys do?post #5 of 106/13/10 at 12:37pm
All tips will have there own unique impact on sound quality , the shure olives affect the sound in the same way as comply tips but not such a drastic drop in treble .sennhesier double flange increase bass on the ortospost #6 of 106/13/10 at 12:44pm
I also use sony hybrids with my EQ-7, my problem with the original tips was that they earphones felt loose in my ear and didn't isolate that good but the hybrids solved those two very nicely.post #7 of 106/13/10 at 12:48pmpost #8 of 106/13/10 at 12:52pmThread Starterpost #9 of 106/13/10 at 12:57pmpost #10 of 106/13/10 at 12:58pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ear tips for Ortofon E-Q7?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 25 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. 2 minutes ago
- › Power cable testing 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 2 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)