I've acquired a pair of ortofons recently and am enjoying it a lot but the issue of fitting has came into prominence recently, I tried all the SML sized stock silicone tips that came with the earphones and I find that the large tips seem to fit my ear the best, but then still vacuum cannot be achieved in my right ear. I did try out the comply foam tips that came with the earphones but they do seriously affect sound quality (in a negative way.. reduced treble and mids clarity )so I was just wondering if anybody on this forum in possession of those beauties has got some ideas or suggestions? I've heard that the shure olives do not affect the sound quality to a great extend but do fit greatly like the comply foam tips do.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/27/10
- brandOrtofontagged by System, 8/27/10
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/27/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/27/10
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- productSennheiser IE 7 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- brandSonytagged by System, 8/27/10
Related Forum Threads
- Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 8/9/13 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 9/28/10 at 2:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are classic brands (Shure, Sennheiser, AKG) losing their strength? Last post on 9/19/10 at 10:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which cheap earphones have the best wire? (Want to replace wire in X10) Last post on 9/6/10 at 2:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Quick decision needed: Sennheiser IE8 or Ortofon e-Q7 Last post on 8/18/10 at 6:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
Ear tips for Ortofon E-Q7?post #1 of 106/13/10 at 11:25amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 106/13/10 at 11:33ampost #3 of 106/13/10 at 11:43ampost #4 of 106/13/10 at 12:29pmThread Starter
But how do they affect the sound quality? And I'm not so sure but I think my right ear canal's kinda messed up.. With normal silicone tips a proper seal can hardly be achieved... What about the shure olives do they fit ? And do they affect the sound quality like the complys do?post #5 of 106/13/10 at 12:37pm
All tips will have there own unique impact on sound quality , the shure olives affect the sound in the same way as comply tips but not such a drastic drop in treble .sennhesier double flange increase bass on the ortospost #6 of 106/13/10 at 12:44pm
I also use sony hybrids with my EQ-7, my problem with the original tips was that they earphones felt loose in my ear and didn't isolate that good but the hybrids solved those two very nicely.post #7 of 106/13/10 at 12:48pmpost #8 of 106/13/10 at 12:52pmThread Starterpost #9 of 106/13/10 at 12:57pmpost #10 of 106/13/10 at 12:58pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ear tips for Ortofon E-Q7?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 19 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 20 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 41 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 1 minute ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 2 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC announce new C models - The best just got better... 3 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Aria UK Review Tour 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...