Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Direct HE-6 Orthodynamic Headphone Last post on 1/21/11 at 6:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-6 Last post on 5/17/13 at 10:46am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- FS: Hifiman HE-6 Hardwired + Norse Norn8 (worldwide) Last post on 5/11/13 at 2:08am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiman HE-6 Headphones for sale - Brand New and Never Used. Last post on 5/10/13 at 4:54pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Wanted- ALO, Norse or Double Helix Headphone Cables for my Hifiman HE-6. Last post on 5/10/13 at 2:37pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
The below review is a summary of a full comparison of the AD1000X to the AD900X and Sony MA900 found...
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
HE-6 Loaner Program - Page 61
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As a follow up, I ordered the HE-6 and have been impressed. They take some power and I don't mean headphone amps but speaker amps. Fortunately, I have a few different tube and ss amps so my exploration began. I went from a Singlepower Extreme + > Rotel RM 1050> GTA SE-40> and am now driving them with two RMB-100 monoblocks. I've listened to them off of a couple DIY headphone amps and followed the HE-6 threads on amping experiences.
These cans need at least 40-50 watts (@ 8ohms) of quality speaker amp. While they sound nice (pleasant) out of the headphone amps, they came alive with the speaker amps. Many are now using 70s era receivers to drive them and all are grinning.
- HE-6 Loaner Program
- › MDR 7506 or ath m50? 2 minutes ago
- › My iem just broke and need a replacement... 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 2 minutes ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions and Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 7 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 9 minutes ago
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones 10 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe