This is becoming really interesting. I love the new look, and the cable looks sexy. Impressive design, impressive sound. What more could you ask for.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Review: Hifiman HE-6/EF-6: An Elite Headphone System, Under One Roof Last post on 8/4/16 at 4:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . Last post on 9/23/16 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
These are easily my favorite headphones I own. My review will be assuming you have Shure 1540 pads, but I'll go over some other options as well. Lets get the big negative out of the way now....
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HE-6 Loaner Program - Page 57
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Also after 5 months of having a prototype and now having a production model for nearly a month we should have some sort of idea concerning retail price and official release date and/or a pre-order list, which according tothe thread in the main headphone forum there is a private pre-order list already underway.
I'm just a little irritated at the whole thing.
They want to make the best headphone with suggestions of those who tried it. You shouldn't blame them for that. I personally wouldn't want to rush anyone, better to wait a bit longer and have a superior product. Maybe they haven't decided on the price should be or the price of the preorder or the price for those who already own any existing headphones from them. While the preorder might already exist and I'm with you on this one that it shouldn't be "private", the price might still be unknown to the people that are on that list.
Unless things have changed, these beautiful puppies are going to MSRP for $1495, have a 2 month pre-offering sale of $995,
and cost $895 for any loyal Head-Direct customers who have previously purchased the HE-5 or HE-5LE's.
So whatever category it is that you fit in, the most that you will spend is a grand, and if you are anything like me (lover of fine sounding headphones and music), you will have the have the opportunity to add these to your stable for $899.
They are currently being produced, and as soon as enough are made (whatever enough is, according to Nankai), the ordering process will start very soon.
You will have these lovelies in your hands and on your head before you can say "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious."
It's all cool. Life is too short to sweat the details. As with all products that we covet and then buy, all is forgotten, a week after we have them on our heads, playing our favorite music, ridiculously late into the wee hours of the morning.
Life is good.
Any ideas about this pre-order list we've heard about?
Btw, it's an L in my name not an I.
Edited by Maxvla - 10/27/10 at 12:38pm
"supercalifragilisticexpealidocious" "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious" "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious"; didn't work
I can appreciate both points of view. It is indeed irritating that HiFiMAN can't make their own price/release date announcements (what are they afraid of?), and that the loaner program seems so inequitable; I'm glad it's not just me. But I do appreciate the need to get things right as opposed to the LCD-2 approach, which is to make adjustments to their flagship product on the fly after it has been released. If anything they are getting very good at building anticipation...
Life is indeed short; we could all be dead before these puppies are released into the wild so that concept goes both ways
Edited by grokit - 10/27/10 at 1:55pm
Which is why we need perfect headphones now because we all know that once the perfect transducer lines up with it's chosen human form we become one and death is not possible.
Aaron, the production HE6 is excellent for female vocals! I am listening to Roberta Gambarini and Melissa Morgan ... lovely, just lovely. I am using a Red Wine Audio Isabella LFP-V Edition feeding a Signature 30.2 LFP-V Edition. Files are Apple Lossless. Cheers
from that picture they look damaged on the cup.
Where? All I see is glossy reflections.
Also is the production using brown leather on top and black on the bottom of the headband? Might have to figure out if I can get one all black since the cups no longer have brown leather. The brown on top looks out of place.
- HE-6 Loaner Program
- › Hidizs AP60 21 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 47 seconds ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › I'm riding this audio wave, but now I can see the sharks. 7 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...