This is becoming really interesting. I love the new look, and the cable looks sexy. Impressive design, impressive sound. What more could you ask for.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Review: Hifiman HE-6/EF-6: An Elite Headphone System, Under One Roof Last post on 4/23/15 at 2:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . Last post on Today at 12:03 pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HE-6 Loaner Program - Page 57
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Also after 5 months of having a prototype and now having a production model for nearly a month we should have some sort of idea concerning retail price and official release date and/or a pre-order list, which according tothe thread in the main headphone forum there is a private pre-order list already underway.
I'm just a little irritated at the whole thing.
They want to make the best headphone with suggestions of those who tried it. You shouldn't blame them for that. I personally wouldn't want to rush anyone, better to wait a bit longer and have a superior product. Maybe they haven't decided on the price should be or the price of the preorder or the price for those who already own any existing headphones from them. While the preorder might already exist and I'm with you on this one that it shouldn't be "private", the price might still be unknown to the people that are on that list.
Unless things have changed, these beautiful puppies are going to MSRP for $1495, have a 2 month pre-offering sale of $995,
and cost $895 for any loyal Head-Direct customers who have previously purchased the HE-5 or HE-5LE's.
So whatever category it is that you fit in, the most that you will spend is a grand, and if you are anything like me (lover of fine sounding headphones and music), you will have the have the opportunity to add these to your stable for $899.
They are currently being produced, and as soon as enough are made (whatever enough is, according to Nankai), the ordering process will start very soon.
You will have these lovelies in your hands and on your head before you can say "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious."
It's all cool. Life is too short to sweat the details. As with all products that we covet and then buy, all is forgotten, a week after we have them on our heads, playing our favorite music, ridiculously late into the wee hours of the morning.
Life is good.
Any ideas about this pre-order list we've heard about?
Btw, it's an L in my name not an I.
Edited by Maxvla - 10/27/10 at 12:38pm
"supercalifragilisticexpealidocious" "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious" "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious"; didn't work
I can appreciate both points of view. It is indeed irritating that HiFiMAN can't make their own price/release date announcements (what are they afraid of?), and that the loaner program seems so inequitable; I'm glad it's not just me. But I do appreciate the need to get things right as opposed to the LCD-2 approach, which is to make adjustments to their flagship product on the fly after it has been released. If anything they are getting very good at building anticipation...
Life is indeed short; we could all be dead before these puppies are released into the wild so that concept goes both ways
Edited by grokit - 10/27/10 at 1:55pm
Which is why we need perfect headphones now because we all know that once the perfect transducer lines up with it's chosen human form we become one and death is not possible.
Aaron, the production HE6 is excellent for female vocals! I am listening to Roberta Gambarini and Melissa Morgan ... lovely, just lovely. I am using a Red Wine Audio Isabella LFP-V Edition feeding a Signature 30.2 LFP-V Edition. Files are Apple Lossless. Cheers
from that picture they look damaged on the cup.
Where? All I see is glossy reflections.
Also is the production using brown leather on top and black on the bottom of the headband? Might have to figure out if I can get one all black since the cups no longer have brown leather. The brown on top looks out of place.
- HE-6 Loaner Program
- › Three Word Story 28 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 2 minutes ago
- › HDTracks Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2