This is becoming really interesting. I love the new look, and the cable looks sexy. Impressive design, impressive sound. What more could you ask for.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Review: Hifiman HE-6/EF-6: An Elite Headphone System, Under One Roof Last post on 11/17/16 at 8:21pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . Last post on 4/21/17 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
HE-6 Loaner Program - Page 57
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Also after 5 months of having a prototype and now having a production model for nearly a month we should have some sort of idea concerning retail price and official release date and/or a pre-order list, which according tothe thread in the main headphone forum there is a private pre-order list already underway.
I'm just a little irritated at the whole thing.
They want to make the best headphone with suggestions of those who tried it. You shouldn't blame them for that. I personally wouldn't want to rush anyone, better to wait a bit longer and have a superior product. Maybe they haven't decided on the price should be or the price of the preorder or the price for those who already own any existing headphones from them. While the preorder might already exist and I'm with you on this one that it shouldn't be "private", the price might still be unknown to the people that are on that list.
Unless things have changed, these beautiful puppies are going to MSRP for $1495, have a 2 month pre-offering sale of $995,
and cost $895 for any loyal Head-Direct customers who have previously purchased the HE-5 or HE-5LE's.
So whatever category it is that you fit in, the most that you will spend is a grand, and if you are anything like me (lover of fine sounding headphones and music), you will have the have the opportunity to add these to your stable for $899.
They are currently being produced, and as soon as enough are made (whatever enough is, according to Nankai), the ordering process will start very soon.
You will have these lovelies in your hands and on your head before you can say "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious."
It's all cool. Life is too short to sweat the details. As with all products that we covet and then buy, all is forgotten, a week after we have them on our heads, playing our favorite music, ridiculously late into the wee hours of the morning.
Life is good.
Any ideas about this pre-order list we've heard about?
Btw, it's an L in my name not an I.
Edited by Maxvla - 10/27/10 at 12:38pm
"supercalifragilisticexpealidocious" "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious" "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious"; didn't work
I can appreciate both points of view. It is indeed irritating that HiFiMAN can't make their own price/release date announcements (what are they afraid of?), and that the loaner program seems so inequitable; I'm glad it's not just me. But I do appreciate the need to get things right as opposed to the LCD-2 approach, which is to make adjustments to their flagship product on the fly after it has been released. If anything they are getting very good at building anticipation...
Life is indeed short; we could all be dead before these puppies are released into the wild so that concept goes both ways
Edited by grokit - 10/27/10 at 1:55pm
Which is why we need perfect headphones now because we all know that once the perfect transducer lines up with it's chosen human form we become one and death is not possible.
Aaron, the production HE6 is excellent for female vocals! I am listening to Roberta Gambarini and Melissa Morgan ... lovely, just lovely. I am using a Red Wine Audio Isabella LFP-V Edition feeding a Signature 30.2 LFP-V Edition. Files are Apple Lossless. Cheers
from that picture they look damaged on the cup.
Where? All I see is glossy reflections.
Also is the production using brown leather on top and black on the bottom of the headband? Might have to figure out if I can get one all black since the cups no longer have brown leather. The brown on top looks out of place.
- HE-6 Loaner Program
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 5 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 9 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 10 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 13 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 14 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 14 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 14 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 15 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 16 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 16 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear