UPDSTE - It looks that luck may be on my side (for a change), I will be receiving a production HE-6 next week! Thanks! The (two) next Head-Fiers are not available to take delivery of the prototype HE-6, thus it will allow me the opportunity to compare them. I will then be sending Skylab the production HE-6.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Review: Hifiman HE-6/EF-6: An Elite Headphone System, Under One Roof Last post on 4/21/14 at 2:30pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 8:43 pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HE-6 Loaner Program - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If we're getting productions into the lineup I'll take my spot back. Not sure where we're at with the order these days. mrarroyo is east and skylab is listed in west, so can someone clear the list up?
You did indeed get it wrong. The European program has started much later than the US program and we had a technical problem with the first demo unit which led to the inclusion of the speaker cable adaptor box for the current version. I returned the current unit to the last person who had not been able to finish the test. So - yes currently the EU loaner program has got the new version and it currently is in Italy. And no - we did not start over again.
This is an isolated event, from me it goes to Skylab who will take it to the meet in Chicago. Cheers.
Received the loaner HE-6s yesterday afternoon. Listening to them today as I have time. Using the MiniWatt to drive them directly. It does a great job. Using 2 miniwatts side by side, one driving the LCD-2s through an adapter, and the other directly driving the HE-6. Both amps being driven from the line out of an iDecco.
At first listen, I really like the HE-6! Very clean and open. Sounds very neutral. Nice!!!
More to come.
Do you still have the HE-6 kwkarth? How are those additional impressions coming along?
Today I received a package which contains the production HE6! Thanks Fang for loaning them and although they have been on my head for less than 1 hour all I can say is that they are indeed as reported by Aaron (immtbiker). The production HE6 is significantly better sounding than the prototype. It will take me a few days of going back and forth between the two units to hear the nuances/differences but the production unit does everything better plus:
1. It looks much better.
2. It is much easier to drive.
3. It appears to be lighter, need to weight it.
4. Even the case is nicer.
I am currently listening to Tony Bennet and I am just enjoying the open/clear presentation. The bass has more impact and it is more defined. More to come but for now I leave you with the following pictures.
Enjoy. I miss them. Very little other's hold a candle to them.
I think that Fang hit on something really nice, here.
Both units are using the stock cable as received from Fang.
Aaron, I agree that Fang has hit a major hit w/ the production HE6. Cheers.
- HE-6 Loaner Program
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Stax Thread III 6 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 1 minute ago
- › My Logitech Z-2300 crapped out....what should I get? 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 3 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 6 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 6 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 6 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 6 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)