UPDSTE - It looks that luck may be on my side (for a change), I will be receiving a production HE-6 next week! Thanks! The (two) next Head-Fiers are not available to take delivery of the prototype HE-6, thus it will allow me the opportunity to compare them. I will then be sending Skylab the production HE-6.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Review: Hifiman HE-6/EF-6: An Elite Headphone System, Under One Roof Last post on 4/23/15 at 2:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . Last post on 5/27/15 at 8:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HE-6 Loaner Program - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If we're getting productions into the lineup I'll take my spot back. Not sure where we're at with the order these days. mrarroyo is east and skylab is listed in west, so can someone clear the list up?
You did indeed get it wrong. The European program has started much later than the US program and we had a technical problem with the first demo unit which led to the inclusion of the speaker cable adaptor box for the current version. I returned the current unit to the last person who had not been able to finish the test. So - yes currently the EU loaner program has got the new version and it currently is in Italy. And no - we did not start over again.
This is an isolated event, from me it goes to Skylab who will take it to the meet in Chicago. Cheers.
Received the loaner HE-6s yesterday afternoon. Listening to them today as I have time. Using the MiniWatt to drive them directly. It does a great job. Using 2 miniwatts side by side, one driving the LCD-2s through an adapter, and the other directly driving the HE-6. Both amps being driven from the line out of an iDecco.
At first listen, I really like the HE-6! Very clean and open. Sounds very neutral. Nice!!!
More to come.
Do you still have the HE-6 kwkarth? How are those additional impressions coming along?
Today I received a package which contains the production HE6! Thanks Fang for loaning them and although they have been on my head for less than 1 hour all I can say is that they are indeed as reported by Aaron (immtbiker). The production HE6 is significantly better sounding than the prototype. It will take me a few days of going back and forth between the two units to hear the nuances/differences but the production unit does everything better plus:
1. It looks much better.
2. It is much easier to drive.
3. It appears to be lighter, need to weight it.
4. Even the case is nicer.
I am currently listening to Tony Bennet and I am just enjoying the open/clear presentation. The bass has more impact and it is more defined. More to come but for now I leave you with the following pictures.
Enjoy. I miss them. Very little other's hold a candle to them.
I think that Fang hit on something really nice, here.
Both units are using the stock cable as received from Fang.
Aaron, I agree that Fang has hit a major hit w/ the production HE6. Cheers.
- HE-6 Loaner Program
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 20 seconds ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 32 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 40 seconds ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 2 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i vs Shure IEMS 3 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2