UPDSTE - It looks that luck may be on my side (for a change), I will be receiving a production HE-6 next week! Thanks! The (two) next Head-Fiers are not available to take delivery of the prototype HE-6, thus it will allow me the opportunity to compare them. I will then be sending Skylab the production HE-6.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Direct HE-6 Orthodynamic Headphone Last post on 1/21/11 at 6:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-6 Last post on 5/17/13 at 10:46am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- FS: Hifiman HE-6 Hardwired + Norse Norn8 (worldwide) Last post on 5/11/13 at 2:08am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiman HE-6 Headphones for sale - Brand New and Never Used. Last post on 5/10/13 at 4:54pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Wanted- ALO, Norse or Double Helix Headphone Cables for my Hifiman HE-6. Last post on 5/10/13 at 2:37pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
This is one of the last things you need to upgrade when your making your portable rig. Vs the fiio L9 this lod cable was a big step up. The first thing that will hit you is the increase in...
Thanks to NoiseHush for the review sample!! Here we have the NoiseHush i7 Noise Cancelling headphones. These headphones have some high points, but fall a bit short in terms of...
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
HE-6 Loaner Program - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If we're getting productions into the lineup I'll take my spot back. Not sure where we're at with the order these days. mrarroyo is east and skylab is listed in west, so can someone clear the list up?
You did indeed get it wrong. The European program has started much later than the US program and we had a technical problem with the first demo unit which led to the inclusion of the speaker cable adaptor box for the current version. I returned the current unit to the last person who had not been able to finish the test. So - yes currently the EU loaner program has got the new version and it currently is in Italy. And no - we did not start over again.
This is an isolated event, from me it goes to Skylab who will take it to the meet in Chicago. Cheers.
Received the loaner HE-6s yesterday afternoon. Listening to them today as I have time. Using the MiniWatt to drive them directly. It does a great job. Using 2 miniwatts side by side, one driving the LCD-2s through an adapter, and the other directly driving the HE-6. Both amps being driven from the line out of an iDecco.
At first listen, I really like the HE-6! Very clean and open. Sounds very neutral. Nice!!!
More to come.
Do you still have the HE-6 kwkarth? How are those additional impressions coming along?
Today I received a package which contains the production HE6! Thanks Fang for loaning them and although they have been on my head for less than 1 hour all I can say is that they are indeed as reported by Aaron (immtbiker). The production HE6 is significantly better sounding than the prototype. It will take me a few days of going back and forth between the two units to hear the nuances/differences but the production unit does everything better plus:
1. It looks much better.
2. It is much easier to drive.
3. It appears to be lighter, need to weight it.
4. Even the case is nicer.
I am currently listening to Tony Bennet and I am just enjoying the open/clear presentation. The bass has more impact and it is more defined. More to come but for now I leave you with the following pictures.
Enjoy. I miss them. Very little other's hold a candle to them.
I think that Fang hit on something really nice, here.
Both units are using the stock cable as received from Fang.
Aaron, I agree that Fang has hit a major hit w/ the production HE6. Cheers.
- HE-6 Loaner Program
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 20 seconds ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 44 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Need a recommendation for the Best Closed Circumaural headphones... 3 minutes ago
- › Got the Sennheiser 600, now looking for closed headphones. AKG 550... 5 minutes ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 6 minutes ago
- › Background noise in the amplifier Op Amps - EMI/RFI (faraday shield) 7 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ALO audio 22awg OCC Cryo Dock by David Chavez
- › NoiseHush i7 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black - Retail by pro1137
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe