UPDSTE - It looks that luck may be on my side (for a change), I will be receiving a production HE-6 next week! Thanks! The (two) next Head-Fiers are not available to take delivery of the prototype HE-6, thus it will allow me the opportunity to compare them. I will then be sending Skylab the production HE-6.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Direct HE-6 Orthodynamic Headphone Last post on 1/21/11 at 6:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-6 Last post on 5/17/13 at 10:46am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- FS: Hifiman HE-6 Hardwired + Norse Norn8 (worldwide) Last post on 5/11/13 at 2:08am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiman HE-6 Headphones for sale - Brand New and Never Used. Last post on 5/10/13 at 4:54pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Wanted- ALO, Norse or Double Helix Headphone Cables for my Hifiman HE-6. Last post on 5/10/13 at 2:37pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
HE-6 Loaner Program - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If we're getting productions into the lineup I'll take my spot back. Not sure where we're at with the order these days. mrarroyo is east and skylab is listed in west, so can someone clear the list up?
You did indeed get it wrong. The European program has started much later than the US program and we had a technical problem with the first demo unit which led to the inclusion of the speaker cable adaptor box for the current version. I returned the current unit to the last person who had not been able to finish the test. So - yes currently the EU loaner program has got the new version and it currently is in Italy. And no - we did not start over again.
This is an isolated event, from me it goes to Skylab who will take it to the meet in Chicago. Cheers.
Received the loaner HE-6s yesterday afternoon. Listening to them today as I have time. Using the MiniWatt to drive them directly. It does a great job. Using 2 miniwatts side by side, one driving the LCD-2s through an adapter, and the other directly driving the HE-6. Both amps being driven from the line out of an iDecco.
At first listen, I really like the HE-6! Very clean and open. Sounds very neutral. Nice!!!
More to come.
Do you still have the HE-6 kwkarth? How are those additional impressions coming along?
Today I received a package which contains the production HE6! Thanks Fang for loaning them and although they have been on my head for less than 1 hour all I can say is that they are indeed as reported by Aaron (immtbiker). The production HE6 is significantly better sounding than the prototype. It will take me a few days of going back and forth between the two units to hear the nuances/differences but the production unit does everything better plus:
1. It looks much better.
2. It is much easier to drive.
3. It appears to be lighter, need to weight it.
4. Even the case is nicer.
I am currently listening to Tony Bennet and I am just enjoying the open/clear presentation. The bass has more impact and it is more defined. More to come but for now I leave you with the following pictures.
Enjoy. I miss them. Very little other's hold a candle to them.
I think that Fang hit on something really nice, here.
Both units are using the stock cable as received from Fang.
Aaron, I agree that Fang has hit a major hit w/ the production HE6. Cheers.
- HE-6 Loaner Program
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 1 second ago
- › Is there an audible difference between HD and CD quality? 17 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 18 seconds ago
- › Review & Appreciation: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level... 31 seconds ago
- › The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio 45 seconds ago
- › Fiio E7 + E9 not working 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/17/13.... 1 minute ago
- › PX100 or MDR-D66 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe