New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HE-6 Loaner Program - Page 50

post #736 of 903
Just for balance, I shall take an opposing view to immtbiker's and call the HE-6s over-hyped after they reach final production. We can have a massive fight over which is better on the forums and then settle it with an arm wrestle at Canjam 2011. wink.gif
post #737 of 903

I would like to broker the wagers on that, as the house always wins!

post #738 of 903

I would prefer to see a sumo match with optional fat suits ;D
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

Just for balance, I shall take an opposing view to immtbiker's and call the HE-6s over-hyped after they reach final production. We can have a massive fight over which is better on the forums and then settle it with an arm wrestle at Canjam 2011. wink.gif
post #739 of 903

If the HE-6 are indeed top caliber, the ensuing planar battle will be interesting to watch. LCD-2 vs HE-6 (vs O2.. sort of). The identity of the high end on Head-fi could very well be a land dominated by planar tech, either ortho or stats. Dynamic high end has held off stats mostly due to stats being cumbersome anywhere but at home, but orthos don't really have that problem. High end IEMs are already taking a more substantial slice of the pie than I expected. Dynamic high end might just find itself a minority in a market it used to have a 'Microsoft' on. Who would have thought that could happen merely 2 years after HD800, PS1000, and recently T1 were released as bastions of dynamic prowess?

post #740 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post







Yes, and that is as reliable a source as could possibly be required.


Agreed! Aaron is a real stand up guy and I really respect his thoughts.

 

Was there huge hype for the LCD-2s? Absolutely...BUT, the LCD-2s are AMAZING headphones and deserve much of the hype. No doubt the new HE-6s sound very good. Better than my two favourite headphones (T1s and LCD-2s), my wallet hopes not!

post #741 of 903

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

If the HE-6 are indeed top caliber, the ensuing planar battle will be interesting to watch. LCD-2 vs HE-6 (vs O2.. sort of). The identity of the high end on Head-fi could very well be a land dominated by planar tech, either ortho or stats. Dynamic high end has held off stats mostly due to stats being cumbersome anywhere but at home, but orthos don't really have that problem. High end IEMs are already taking a more substantial slice of the pie than I expected. Dynamic high end might just find itself a minority in a market it used to have a 'Microsoft' on. Who would have thought that could happen merely 2 years after HD800, PS1000, and recently T1 were released as bastions of dynamic prowess?


So it's up to the Edition 10 to see if dynamics can keep up, even at twice the price. But do Ultrasones qualify as conventional dynamics? I've never actually seen or heard one myself.


Edited by grokit - 10/4/10 at 7:26pm
post #742 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

 

So it's up to the Edition 10 to see if dynamics can keep up, even at twice the price. But do Ultrasones qualify as conventional dynamics? I've never actually seen or heard one myself.


The only thing truly unconventional about Ultrasone is its marketing.

post #743 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by tisb0b View Post

I would prefer to see a sumo match with optional fat suits ;D
 


 


immtbiker with the HE-6 in one corner and kwarth with the LCD-2 in the other.  they've already set a precedent.

post #744 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishski13 View Post




immtbiker with the HE-6 in one corner and kwarth with the LCD-2 in the other.  they've already set a precedent.



The battle of Head-fi administrators!

post #745 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishski13 View Post
immtbiker with the HE-6 in one corner and kwarth with the LCD-2 in the other.  they've already set a precedent.


     Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
The battle of Head-fi administrators!


OK, but I must warn you. I know Karate....and 4 other Japanese words.

post #746 of 903

The Sumo suits idea could be fun.

 

A (somewhat selfish, admittedly) thought I had, which I haven't consulted with anyone mentioned about is, if an Asian loaner program goes ahead, it'd be great if Sasaki and I could be included, maybe GuSensei as well actually (just thinking of the most well-known of us in Japan).

post #747 of 903

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

The Sumo suits idea could be fun.

 

A (somewhat selfish, admittedly) thought I had, which I haven't consulted with anyone mentioned about is, if an Asian loaner program goes ahead, it'd be great if Sasaki and I could be included, maybe GuSensei as well actually (just thinking of the most well-known of us in Japan).


If you guys get the production version I will be pissed!

post #748 of 903

I'm sensing that the loaner program is fairly dead at this point. I have to say I'm not really all that interested in trying the prototypes if the new version a) fits better b) is lighter weight c) sounds better d) has better cabling e) works on more amps f) includes adapter box g) has an entirely different finish. That's a LOT of differences that makes me wonder if it's still worth my $30-40 to fully insure and ship a headphone I won't even be able to buy because it no longer exists (for all intents). At this point I'm more inclined to take my name off the list and put that money towards the release HE-6 I can try and return if somehow I don't like it.

 

Let me make it clear that I'm not upset at all. I completely understand how these 'beta' programs work, but a production unit has been reviewed and found to be better in more ways than just sound. I'm simply not as interested in the trial.


Edited by Maxvla - 10/4/10 at 8:21pm
post #749 of 903

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

I'm sensing that the loaner program is fairly dead at this point. I have to say I'm not really all that interested in trying the prototypes if the new version a) fits better b) is lighter weight c) sounds better d) has better cabling e) works on more amps f) includes adapter box g) has an entirely different finish. That's a LOT of differences that makes me wonder if it's still worth my $30-40 to fully insure and ship a headphone I won't even be able to buy because it no longer exists (for all intents). At this point I'm more inclined to take my name off the list and put that money towards the release HE-6 I can try and return if somehow I don't like it.

 

Let me make it clear that I'm not upset at all. I completely understand how these 'beta' programs work, but a production unit has been reviewed and found to be better in more ways than just sound. I'm simply not as interested in the trial.


Well said. It's already too late for me though 

post #750 of 903

Is anyone still interested in my review of the HE6 prototype?  It's almost done, but if no one really cares, then I won't take the time to polish it up and post it. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home