New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HE-6 Loaner Program - Page 49

post #721 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by immtbiker View Post



Head-Fi is not in the business to hype and sell products. Why would Head-Fi have any vested interest in this?. What you're saying makes no sense. If that were the case, then I wold be un-hyping and unselling the LCD-2 in the name of Head-Fi. That's a genuis statement.

Your nasty comment is why Head-Fi has changed so drastically in the past couple of years. There's no reason to be venomous like that, and your comment is totally un-called for. 

It was my opinion as a member. Take your conspiracy theories to the 1969 Moon landing commission. Maybe none of us should have any opinions. Yeah, that would work well.

 

I was waiting for a comment like yours. What took so long.
 


no conspiracy theories - i think that it's fairly transparent.  it's about making every sponsor happy to keep the money flowing, both for HF and the sponsors.  it's up to the members to sift through what they want to believe and no different than watching television.

 

of course you can have an opinion.  so can i.      

post #722 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

Actually, it seems to me Fang absolutely DID make changes based on feedback provided during the loaner program. Many people seemed to really struggle with the amping requirements of the loaner set, and so the final production are much more efficient and can be used with many more amps. Seems like he was paying attention to the comments during the loaner program to me.
 


do you have spec numbers for the prototype and the production model?  

post #723 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishski13 View Post




do you have spec numbers for the prototype and the production model?  




Nope. Why?
post #724 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post






Nope. Why?


you said "much more efficient".  based on immtbiker's comments? 

post #725 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishski13 View Post




no conspiracy theories - i think that it's fairly transparent.  it's about making every sponsor happy to keep the money flowing, both for HF and the sponsors.  it's up to the members to sift through what they want to believe and no different than watching television.

 

of course you can have an opinion.  so can i.      

If that's the case, then I wouldn't say that one headphone is better than another, because according to you, I would have to be making every sponsor happy, "to keep the money flowing" and in this case that is not going to happen. What you are saying has many holes in your theory. If you can't see the irony of what you are saying, then I can't help you. You don't have a clue.
 

post #726 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishski13 View Post




you said "much more efficient".  based on immtbiker's comments? 





Yes, and that is as reliable a source as could possibly be required.
post #727 of 903

Aaron: what I'd like to know is, were any changes made to fit adjustment? If not, I still won't be buying one (sound quality aside).

post #728 of 903

Steve, this pair fits both me and my wife much better than the pair from the loaner program. I am 5'11" and my wife is slightly under 5'.

 

The pads and velour feel beefier also. But, in reality, I do not know if any changes were actually made.

The loaner program pair touched some other heads before it got to me.

post #729 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by immtbiker View Post



If that's the case, then I wouldn't say that one headphone is better than another, because according to you, I would have to be making every sponsor happy, "to keep the money flowing" and in this case that is not going to happen. What you are saying has many holes in your theory. If you can't see the irony of what you are saying, then I can't help you. You don't have a clue.
 


it would be silly to say that a pair of iBuds sound as good as a pair of HD800.  each one is designed to meet a price point.  

 

you're a Moderator.  you have been granted this role because your enthusiasm and dedication are what the Administrators want to help "define the forum".  your opinion and posts carries weight, as do Skylab's prolific reviews.  did you and Fang concoct an clandestine scheme to sell a boat load of HPs - no.  but your hype and timing is going to attract some FOTM scrutiny and a groan or two.

       

post #730 of 903

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by immtbiker View Post

Steve, this pair fits both me and my wife much better than the pair from the loaner program. I am 5'11" and my wife is slightly under 5'.

 



Really glad to hear these fit smaller women well. Most headphones I own are at least slightly uncomfortable in one way or another.

post #731 of 903

I didn't mean to start anything (maybe I did but I'm over it now :-)). I was just venting about the fact that I was looking forward to previewing a headphone that wasn't in production yet, and then I would have an opportunity to pre-purchase it. That is obviously not the case anymore.

 

I wish that Fang would take the loaner pair back and send the production pair out in their place in the loaner program, then there would still be a point to it anyways. I would be willing to send him the western loaner pair the day after I receive them to get an opportunity to hear the "real" pair if he is interested, then send them on to the next person so we can evaluate it instead of an already obsolete prototype.

 

From what I can tell, immtbiker still hasn't weighed in on whether there are any differences in the sound signature from the prototype to the production version. I know the production version is more efficient, and that they reportedly sound great. But is there any difference in the way they sound from the loaner pair so I can have a reference ???


Edited by grokit - 10/4/10 at 6:47pm
post #732 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishski13 View Post
 but your hype and timing is going to attract some FOTM scrutiny and a groan or two.

       


I heard them when I did, liked them intensely, and reported as such.

 

Let the groans begin. 

post #733 of 903

Then just take his opinion with a grain of salt, I personally like seeing the moderators/admins of a forum participating in the community. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishski13 View Post

it would be silly to say that a pair of iBuds sound as good as a pair of HD800.  each one is designed to meet a price point.  

 

you're a Moderator.  you have been granted this role because your enthusiasm and dedication are what the Administrators want to help "define the forum".  your opinion and posts carries weight, as do Skylab's prolific reviews.  did you and Fang concoct an clandestine scheme to sell a boat load of HPs - no.  but your hype and timing is going to attract some FOTM scrutiny and a groan or two.

       

post #734 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by immtbiker View Post




I heard them when I did, liked them intensely, and reported as such.

 

Let the groans begin. 

groan...it's my last one .
 

post #735 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by tisb0b View Post

Then just take his opinion with a grain of salt, I personally like seeing the moderators/admins of a forum participating in the community. 
 


 

thanks for the tip.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home