I think a review program such as this helps both Fang and the community as a whole. I don't see these kind of programs very often esp one that from the impressions is supposed to compete with your HD800, T1, or whatever top tier headphone out there. I can't remember there being a T1, HD800, LC-2, etc loaner program so this is quite nice for those participating He's also trusting those involved with a product of whom most of the participants he has never met I imagine. This also give Fang good feedback to know what can be improved on or changed to make a better product. That in itself is great for all potential buyers to know that Fang isn't just sitting there but working hard to make his product even better.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Review: Hifiman HE-6/EF-6: An Elite Headphone System, Under One Roof Last post on 4/21/14 at 2:30pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 8:48 pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HE-6 Loaner Program - Page 40
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I like that he is changing the product, but I do worry about his statement about making them more efficient. That can change everything, depending on what it is he's changing.
I agree with the others that this is a Beta test. If all else fails and the final product is not to your liking, but the prototype was, you can simply return it or perhaps request to purchase one of the loaner pairs, instead of the release version you already have, at a discount (condition can't be spotless with this many people handling and shipping them).
I hope these continue to sound best with speaker type amps as it will certainly broaden horizons opening up a whole new wing for headphone gearing. K1000 did this in very limited fashion, but most high end headphone amps can handle K1000 no problem. This doesn't appear to be the case with the HE-6. If anything this will streamline my home system dramatically. Instead of a speaker amp and headphone amp, I'll only need 1. Selling my headphone amp and current headphones (and cable) will cover the entire cost of the HE-6 if we are indeed looking at a $1000 price point. I'll take a possibly huge upgrade in sound quality (from all reports) for free any day.
Where are the criticisms so far? I guess if everyone likes it like this, then the only issues left are how to quickly produce it and the quality control.
Edited by Jian - 9/17/10 at 12:13am
Several have reported liking the LCD2 better, among a few assorted headphones (O2, R10, etc). Their comments accompany constructive criticism.
it doesn't get much simpler than Ikea - i hope you included drawings .
I will be posting my impressions on the HE6 by early next week. There are some improvements that can be made on the 6 my biggest so far is the cable.
"Here is my first attempt at a DIY ortho headphone:"
Not so smart to post your secret design on the internet. It's clear a lot of time and money went into this design. Now Sennheiser and Grado and Stax, among others, will steal it. I think you just blew making millions by not keeping your fantastic design secret.
Oh well, I guess some learn the hard way. Next time, contact me and for a "small" consulting fee I will help you navigate through the world of successful product development and marketing. I guaranty you will only lose a lot of money. Feel free to let me know if you need help on any other projects.
If I knew it was THAT hard to drive I wouldn't have gotten involved.. Very hard to compare my 5ohm NAGRAs with a headphones that needs gobs of power with a amp that cannot commidate it.. Albeit under powered still amazed me (Mid range naturalness & low distortion/Black blackground) in certain areas.. It just makes it that much harder to compare & contrast the virtues of both phones.. Makes me assume which I don't like to do.. I will have my final comments & comparisons with my NAGRA's Sunday or Monday.. The HE6 would be hard not to buy if it was more drivable with conventional headphone amps..
Yeah, this actually bugs me a little bit too about this loaner program. I mean, why didn't Fang just wait till he was done with the HE-6 before starting this program and letting people give their impressions on the headphones. I feel that the fact we are listening to prototypes our opinions useless considering the amplification needs will change as well as other tweaks. Let me guess...the final production version will only have the positives mentioned in the reviews and none of the negative criticisms brought up by people
Where did Fang say that he will be changing them in sound and efficiency? I don't see that anywhere here...
Fang, do you know if you're going to change the looks? It would be a small bummer to spend a lot of time making nice photographs if they're going to get a new headband or something... but still worth it I suppose.
I waited around for the HE6 today but it didn't show, looks like Monday.
- HE-6 Loaner Program
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Burson HA160D 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › HM-901 7 minutes ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)