New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HE-6 Loaner Program - Page 36

post #526 of 903

Great review warp. You are making my wallet quiver though, comparing it so closely to my beloved HD600 but stating it's as good on all fronts, but better.

post #527 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

Great review warp. You are making my wallet quiver though, comparing it so closely to my beloved HD600 but stating it's as good on all fronts, but better.


I actually have a 2nd HD600 brand new in box and have Craig make me another TWag X for it.  I'll take one of them to Meets.  This combo is scary good....you'd almost think you listen to the HE60 instead of the HD600.  Not quite, but close.  Now these babies will improve up to about 500 hours, but they open up nicely at about 250.  

 

When the HE6 is ready for production, I hope Craig will make a similar cable for it and I'll coordinate with Fang to see if another comparison can be made.  He just has to.  That will be the real comparison, since the HE6 was handicapped against the Sennheisers by using only the stock cable.


Edited by warp08 - 9/12/10 at 5:40am
post #528 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jian View Post

Great review. Juet wondering that could the bass problem of HD800 be the result out of the recabling.


No, it's not a problem it is by design.  The TWag X helps that too, just not enough to compete with the HE6 or the O2Mk1.

post #529 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmanGeorge View Post

warp08 - Many many thanks for posting such a thorough, well-written, thoughtful, and visually rich set of impressions! I think Audez'e and Fang have proven that, sound-wise, they can absolutely play in the big leagues! The next step will be putting serious thought into aesthetics and design, and having their products not only sound better than more expensive counterparts, but also look and feel comparably luxurious.

 

I look forwards to hearing these headphones sometime!

 

Edit - where in NoVa do you live? I'm in Falls Church, out by Tysons


Lowe's Island/Potomac Falls area

post #530 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post

Warp, great impressions, thanks!


Coming from you it's quite a compliment, thanks, Larry!

post #531 of 903

Super job warp. I was hoping to have the LCD2 this week to make a comparison but that looks like it will not happen unless I get invoice. I hope to make some impressions but mine will be different sasd I will be using solid stae amps for the impressions. I will also use a tube pram with the  solid state and run it as a receiver to give folks some different solutions. Nice job Warp

post #532 of 903

Warp, excellent review - well done!  Really enjoyed reading it.

post #533 of 903

Something tells me Warp knows a little bit about headphones..

post #534 of 903

Very nice review indeed! ... No Sony Qualia impressions? 


Edited by mrarroyo - 9/12/10 at 3:03pm
post #535 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post

Very nice review indeed! ... No Sony Qualia impressions? 


No, Miguel.  Thought about it, but the simple truth is the TWagged Qualias stand alone ("Qualia Unbound" review).  In everything but bass richness, they now handily above and beyond anything else I own, perhaps even including the mighty R10, which yields an entirely different sonic experience.  I had the previous owner over last week who sold the Qualias to me and he was both literally and figuratively blow away how different they sounded.  He said he would have never sold it if he'd heard it recabled.

 

This program is about the HE6 and including out-of-production rarities like the Qualia or the R10 would have proven too distracting and unfair and so I decided against it and limited the comparison to readily available in-production cans only.

post #536 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

Warp, excellent review - well done!  Really enjoyed reading it.


Back at you, Skylab.  Thanks.

post #537 of 903

Imagine what HE-6 can deliver with better cables.  Does it use the same type of connectors as HE-5LE ?   

post #538 of 903

Guys, I would appreciate your thoughts on something since you heard the HE-6... On wether I should hold out on a pair of HE-5 LEs I intend to buy until the HE-6 are available (and pricing is announced) or not?

 

In your opinion, will a price difference of probably $300 (and an undetermined waiting period) be worth it in the end or are the HE-5 LE a nice enough HP in it’s own right? I am looking at these because I want my deer old Magnepan sound that I was forced to separate from when I moved house. And the idea of hooking it up to my deer old MusicalFidelity A1 speaker amp is itching me uncomfortably 

post #539 of 903

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francoy  
" Guys, I would appreciate your thoughts on something since you heard the HE-6... On wether I should hold out on a pair of HE-5 LEs I intend to buy until the HE-6 are available (and pricing is announced) or not?
In your opinion, will a price difference of probably $300 (and an undetermined waiting period) be worth it in the end or are the HE-5 LE a nice enough HP in it’s own right? I am looking at these because I want my deer old Magnepan sound that I was forced to separate from when I moved house. And the idea of hooking it up to my deer old MusicalFidelity A1 speaker amp is itching me uncomfortably "



Only you can really determine if it's worth it or not. That said, if Fang makes the HE-6 at least as efficient as the HE-5LE without altering the sound signature, then in my opinion, the HE-6 is worth the premium over the HE-5LE. The differences are noticeable and apparent the HE-6 is a better headphone. Yes they share the same DNA, but the HE-6 is the smarter, stronger, better older brother. All the strengths the HE-5LE has (the refined highs, sweet mids, nice detail retrieval, extended lows with good impact) the HE-6 does with even more aplomb.


I believe the HE-6 deserves mention with the top-tier headphones as the HD800, T1 and LCD-2. I've heard all five and I think $300 (or so) premium is worth it.


Edited by baka1969 - 9/13/10 at 2:23pm
post #540 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by baka1969 View Post


Only you can really determine if it's worth it or not. That said, if Fang makes the HE-6 at least as efficient as the HE-5LE without altering the sound signature, then in my opinion, the HE-6 is worth the premium over the HE-5LE. The differences are noticeable and apparent the HE-6 is a better headphone. Yes they share the same DNA, but the HE-6 is the smarter, stronger, better older brother. All the strengths the HE-5LE has (the refined highs, sweet mids, nice detail retrieval, extended lows with good impact) the HE-6 does with even more aplomb.


I believe the HE-6 deserves mention with the top-tier headphones as the HD800, T1 and LCD-2. I've heard all five and I think $300 (or so) premium is worth it.


Agree 100% with all of this - but it needs to be read as a whole, not piecemealed.  Good stuff there.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home