TBH I am surprised by the discussions on additional time and cost to ship the unit a little further. If it helps Rob (skylab) can take my spot, I will probably buy one sight on-seen in the near future based on how great Ron's (HiFlight) HE5LE sounded at the Fort Myer's meet on July 24th. Maybe I am crazy or my command of the English language is faulty but to bring up a few more days/dollars when we are given the opportunity to test an expensive piece of gear is to me petty and fails to appreciate the trust Fang has placed on us, many of whom he has never met.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Direct HE-6 Orthodynamic Headphone Last post on 1/21/11 at 6:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-6 Last post on 5/17/13 at 10:46am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- FS: Hifiman HE-6 Hardwired + Norse Norn8 (worldwide) Last post on 5/11/13 at 2:08am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiman HE-6 Headphones for sale - Brand New and Never Used. Last post on 5/10/13 at 4:54pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Wanted- ALO, Norse or Double Helix Headphone Cables for my Hifiman HE-6. Last post on 5/10/13 at 2:37pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
HE-6 Loaner Program - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo
" TBH I am surprised by the discussions on additional time and cost to ship the unit a little further. If it helps Rob (skylab) can take my spot, I will probably buy one sight on-seen in the near future based on how great Ron's (HiFlight) HE5LE sounded at the Fort Myer's meet on July 24th. Maybe I am crazy or my command of the English language is faulty but to bring up a few more days/dollars when we are given the opportunity to test an expensive piece of gear is to me petty and fails to appreciate the trust Fang has placed on us, many of whom he has never met."
Don't give your spot away. It's worth the opportunity to hear a world class headphone. Even if you do end up buying them. Rob will get his change. I'm sure he doesn't mind waiting.
I agree 100 percent. Fang has put great trust in all of us and it wouldn't make a difference of a few days and seriously we are talking about Chicago which I believe is the Mid-West. Fang has been very generous to put the cans out and has asked for nothing in return except an honest evaluation. I would like to see some more impressions this week if possible.
I wrote impressions. Whaddya want? A review the size of "War and Peace"?
I love them, and more than the LCD-2's.
Originally Posted by immtbiker
" I wrote impressions. Whaddya want? A review the size of "War and Peace"?
I love them, and more than the LCD-2's."
Hey Aaron, I'll write the Tolstoy-esque impressions. :)
I have my Little Dot sitting on top of War and Peace now. It's true. LoL
It's going to be more than one day delay with FedEx ground, which is likely how I'll ship it. Takes more time shipping from one end of the state to another vs. shipping across the continent via ground.
There's also increased shipping cost too for further distance if we're going to nitpick here.
Anywho, if you don't mind it making a stop with ASR in Colorado along the way, I'll ship it to him first, if not, I'll send it straight to ChiTown.
I think Asr first is a good idea. It would be really cool if the HE-6 could make to Asr for the Colorado meet on 8/14/10. If they went to Skylab now, then he'd have to make sure they hit Colorado by 8/13. I don't know if that is enough time for Rob to listen to them.
However, if Asr was to get them first by this Friday the 6th, he could maybe ship them on the 16th after the meet.
OK, I sent an email to Fang. I'm pretty sure he'll be OK with squeezing Steve back into the #3 slot especially since he can bring it to the upcoming Colorado meet.
In accordance, I have my night table setup sitting gingerly on a classic copy of Dante's "Inferno". That's a tough read.
Not as tough as Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment", mind you.
Originally Posted by immtbiker
" In accordance, I have my night table setup sitting gingerly on a classic copy of Dante's "Inferno". That's a tough read.
Not as tough as Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment" , mind you."
Phillies and Mets are coming up.
Did you ever get a chance to listen to the HE-5LE out of speaker terminals and then compare it to the HE-6?
I have been stuck in Syracuse on a botched install Wednesday/Thursday/Friday (got home at midnight) /Monday and today.
I haven't had time to take a...
I am ready to partecipate on loaner program in EU.
I am italian and can listen with my 3 year headphone entusiastic experience.
In Italian forum HE5-LE if very appreciated. This new version H6 golden planar magnet, I would to listen, if possible.
Pics of the HE-6 Loaner
Leather has a nice texture to it, looks more like leather now in pictures. Feels nice in your hands.
1/4" TRS Adapter and Banana Plug Speaker adapters. Not that you'll be able to use the HE-6 with most headphone amps, but it's nice to have both options.
- HE-6 Loaner Program
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 1 minute ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions and Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Balanced Mod 3 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 Hybrid IEM (Stealth) - FitEar 334 and... 4 minutes ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM 4 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe