TBH I am surprised by the discussions on additional time and cost to ship the unit a little further. If it helps Rob (skylab) can take my spot, I will probably buy one sight on-seen in the near future based on how great Ron's (HiFlight) HE5LE sounded at the Fort Myer's meet on July 24th. Maybe I am crazy or my command of the English language is faulty but to bring up a few more days/dollars when we are given the opportunity to test an expensive piece of gear is to me petty and fails to appreciate the trust Fang has placed on us, many of whom he has never met.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Review: Hifiman HE-6/EF-6: An Elite Headphone System, Under One Roof Last post on 1/16/15 at 9:39pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:31 pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HE-6 Loaner Program - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo
" TBH I am surprised by the discussions on additional time and cost to ship the unit a little further. If it helps Rob (skylab) can take my spot, I will probably buy one sight on-seen in the near future based on how great Ron's (HiFlight) HE5LE sounded at the Fort Myer's meet on July 24th. Maybe I am crazy or my command of the English language is faulty but to bring up a few more days/dollars when we are given the opportunity to test an expensive piece of gear is to me petty and fails to appreciate the trust Fang has placed on us, many of whom he has never met."
Don't give your spot away. It's worth the opportunity to hear a world class headphone. Even if you do end up buying them. Rob will get his change. I'm sure he doesn't mind waiting.
I agree 100 percent. Fang has put great trust in all of us and it wouldn't make a difference of a few days and seriously we are talking about Chicago which I believe is the Mid-West. Fang has been very generous to put the cans out and has asked for nothing in return except an honest evaluation. I would like to see some more impressions this week if possible.
I wrote impressions. Whaddya want? A review the size of "War and Peace"?
I love them, and more than the LCD-2's.
Originally Posted by immtbiker
" I wrote impressions. Whaddya want? A review the size of "War and Peace"?
I love them, and more than the LCD-2's."
Hey Aaron, I'll write the Tolstoy-esque impressions. :)
I have my Little Dot sitting on top of War and Peace now. It's true. LoL
It's going to be more than one day delay with FedEx ground, which is likely how I'll ship it. Takes more time shipping from one end of the state to another vs. shipping across the continent via ground.
There's also increased shipping cost too for further distance if we're going to nitpick here.
Anywho, if you don't mind it making a stop with ASR in Colorado along the way, I'll ship it to him first, if not, I'll send it straight to ChiTown.
I think Asr first is a good idea. It would be really cool if the HE-6 could make to Asr for the Colorado meet on 8/14/10. If they went to Skylab now, then he'd have to make sure they hit Colorado by 8/13. I don't know if that is enough time for Rob to listen to them.
However, if Asr was to get them first by this Friday the 6th, he could maybe ship them on the 16th after the meet.
OK, I sent an email to Fang. I'm pretty sure he'll be OK with squeezing Steve back into the #3 slot especially since he can bring it to the upcoming Colorado meet.
In accordance, I have my night table setup sitting gingerly on a classic copy of Dante's "Inferno". That's a tough read.
Not as tough as Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment", mind you.
Does El Doug have any impressions
Originally Posted by immtbiker
" In accordance, I have my night table setup sitting gingerly on a classic copy of Dante's "Inferno". That's a tough read.
Not as tough as Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment" , mind you."
Phillies and Mets are coming up.
Did you ever get a chance to listen to the HE-5LE out of speaker terminals and then compare it to the HE-6?
I have been stuck in Syracuse on a botched install Wednesday/Thursday/Friday (got home at midnight) /Monday and today.
I haven't had time to take a...
I am ready to partecipate on loaner program in EU.
I am italian and can listen with my 3 year headphone entusiastic experience.
In Italian forum HE5-LE if very appreciated. This new version H6 golden planar magnet, I would to listen, if possible.
Pics of the HE-6 Loaner
Leather has a nice texture to it, looks more like leather now in pictures. Feels nice in your hands.
1/4" TRS Adapter and Banana Plug Speaker adapters. Not that you'll be able to use the HE-6 with most headphone amps, but it's nice to have both options.
- HE-6 Loaner Program
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 33 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 35 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro (or M) VS Plantronics Backbeat Pro 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2... MicroSD Slot & 33 hours Hi-Res Playback 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Appreciation & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Looking for an ampfilier for my Sennheiser HD201 headphones. 2 minutes ago
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 2 minutes ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3