TBH I am surprised by the discussions on additional time and cost to ship the unit a little further. If it helps Rob (skylab) can take my spot, I will probably buy one sight on-seen in the near future based on how great Ron's (HiFlight) HE5LE sounded at the Fort Myer's meet on July 24th. Maybe I am crazy or my command of the English language is faulty but to bring up a few more days/dollars when we are given the opportunity to test an expensive piece of gear is to me petty and fails to appreciate the trust Fang has placed on us, many of whom he has never met.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Review: Hifiman HE-6/EF-6: An Elite Headphone System, Under One Roof Last post on 4/23/15 at 2:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . Last post on 4/23/15 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Fantastic Reference Headphones, fantastic sound clarity and definition. The soundstage is the best! Incredible detailed sound and instruments separation. Not for everyone. This is a very honest...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HE-6 Loaner Program - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo
" TBH I am surprised by the discussions on additional time and cost to ship the unit a little further. If it helps Rob (skylab) can take my spot, I will probably buy one sight on-seen in the near future based on how great Ron's (HiFlight) HE5LE sounded at the Fort Myer's meet on July 24th. Maybe I am crazy or my command of the English language is faulty but to bring up a few more days/dollars when we are given the opportunity to test an expensive piece of gear is to me petty and fails to appreciate the trust Fang has placed on us, many of whom he has never met."
Don't give your spot away. It's worth the opportunity to hear a world class headphone. Even if you do end up buying them. Rob will get his change. I'm sure he doesn't mind waiting.
I agree 100 percent. Fang has put great trust in all of us and it wouldn't make a difference of a few days and seriously we are talking about Chicago which I believe is the Mid-West. Fang has been very generous to put the cans out and has asked for nothing in return except an honest evaluation. I would like to see some more impressions this week if possible.
I wrote impressions. Whaddya want? A review the size of "War and Peace"?
I love them, and more than the LCD-2's.
Originally Posted by immtbiker
" I wrote impressions. Whaddya want? A review the size of "War and Peace"?
I love them, and more than the LCD-2's."
Hey Aaron, I'll write the Tolstoy-esque impressions. :)
I have my Little Dot sitting on top of War and Peace now. It's true. LoL
It's going to be more than one day delay with FedEx ground, which is likely how I'll ship it. Takes more time shipping from one end of the state to another vs. shipping across the continent via ground.
There's also increased shipping cost too for further distance if we're going to nitpick here.
Anywho, if you don't mind it making a stop with ASR in Colorado along the way, I'll ship it to him first, if not, I'll send it straight to ChiTown.
I think Asr first is a good idea. It would be really cool if the HE-6 could make to Asr for the Colorado meet on 8/14/10. If they went to Skylab now, then he'd have to make sure they hit Colorado by 8/13. I don't know if that is enough time for Rob to listen to them.
However, if Asr was to get them first by this Friday the 6th, he could maybe ship them on the 16th after the meet.
OK, I sent an email to Fang. I'm pretty sure he'll be OK with squeezing Steve back into the #3 slot especially since he can bring it to the upcoming Colorado meet.
In accordance, I have my night table setup sitting gingerly on a classic copy of Dante's "Inferno". That's a tough read.
Not as tough as Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment", mind you.
Does El Doug have any impressions
Originally Posted by immtbiker
" In accordance, I have my night table setup sitting gingerly on a classic copy of Dante's "Inferno". That's a tough read.
Not as tough as Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment" , mind you."
Phillies and Mets are coming up.
Did you ever get a chance to listen to the HE-5LE out of speaker terminals and then compare it to the HE-6?
I have been stuck in Syracuse on a botched install Wednesday/Thursday/Friday (got home at midnight) /Monday and today.
I haven't had time to take a...
I am ready to partecipate on loaner program in EU.
I am italian and can listen with my 3 year headphone entusiastic experience.
In Italian forum HE5-LE if very appreciated. This new version H6 golden planar magnet, I would to listen, if possible.
Pics of the HE-6 Loaner
Leather has a nice texture to it, looks more like leather now in pictures. Feels nice in your hands.
1/4" TRS Adapter and Banana Plug Speaker adapters. Not that you'll be able to use the HE-6 with most headphone amps, but it's nice to have both options.
- HE-6 Loaner Program
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8 vs Oppo PM-3 Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Bowie/ Steely Dan/ Stones/ Elton John/ Donald Fagen/ ALL SACDs 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › HRT DSP / iDSP 2 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 4 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Spring 2015 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 5 minutes ago
- › USB Audio noise on iMac 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2