TBH I am surprised by the discussions on additional time and cost to ship the unit a little further. If it helps Rob (skylab) can take my spot, I will probably buy one sight on-seen in the near future based on how great Ron's (HiFlight) HE5LE sounded at the Fort Myer's meet on July 24th. Maybe I am crazy or my command of the English language is faulty but to bring up a few more days/dollars when we are given the opportunity to test an expensive piece of gear is to me petty and fails to appreciate the trust Fang has placed on us, many of whom he has never met.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Review: Hifiman HE-6/EF-6: An Elite Headphone System, Under One Roof Last post on 11/17/16 at 8:21pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . Last post on Yesterday at 10:40 am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
HE-6 Loaner Program - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo
" TBH I am surprised by the discussions on additional time and cost to ship the unit a little further. If it helps Rob (skylab) can take my spot, I will probably buy one sight on-seen in the near future based on how great Ron's (HiFlight) HE5LE sounded at the Fort Myer's meet on July 24th. Maybe I am crazy or my command of the English language is faulty but to bring up a few more days/dollars when we are given the opportunity to test an expensive piece of gear is to me petty and fails to appreciate the trust Fang has placed on us, many of whom he has never met."
Don't give your spot away. It's worth the opportunity to hear a world class headphone. Even if you do end up buying them. Rob will get his change. I'm sure he doesn't mind waiting.
I agree 100 percent. Fang has put great trust in all of us and it wouldn't make a difference of a few days and seriously we are talking about Chicago which I believe is the Mid-West. Fang has been very generous to put the cans out and has asked for nothing in return except an honest evaluation. I would like to see some more impressions this week if possible.
I wrote impressions. Whaddya want? A review the size of "War and Peace"?
I love them, and more than the LCD-2's.
Originally Posted by immtbiker
" I wrote impressions. Whaddya want? A review the size of "War and Peace"?
I love them, and more than the LCD-2's."
Hey Aaron, I'll write the Tolstoy-esque impressions. :)
I have my Little Dot sitting on top of War and Peace now. It's true. LoL
It's going to be more than one day delay with FedEx ground, which is likely how I'll ship it. Takes more time shipping from one end of the state to another vs. shipping across the continent via ground.
There's also increased shipping cost too for further distance if we're going to nitpick here.
Anywho, if you don't mind it making a stop with ASR in Colorado along the way, I'll ship it to him first, if not, I'll send it straight to ChiTown.
I think Asr first is a good idea. It would be really cool if the HE-6 could make to Asr for the Colorado meet on 8/14/10. If they went to Skylab now, then he'd have to make sure they hit Colorado by 8/13. I don't know if that is enough time for Rob to listen to them.
However, if Asr was to get them first by this Friday the 6th, he could maybe ship them on the 16th after the meet.
OK, I sent an email to Fang. I'm pretty sure he'll be OK with squeezing Steve back into the #3 slot especially since he can bring it to the upcoming Colorado meet.
In accordance, I have my night table setup sitting gingerly on a classic copy of Dante's "Inferno". That's a tough read.
Not as tough as Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment", mind you.
Does El Doug have any impressions
Originally Posted by immtbiker
" In accordance, I have my night table setup sitting gingerly on a classic copy of Dante's "Inferno". That's a tough read.
Not as tough as Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment" , mind you."
Phillies and Mets are coming up.
Did you ever get a chance to listen to the HE-5LE out of speaker terminals and then compare it to the HE-6?
I have been stuck in Syracuse on a botched install Wednesday/Thursday/Friday (got home at midnight) /Monday and today.
I haven't had time to take a...
I am ready to partecipate on loaner program in EU.
I am italian and can listen with my 3 year headphone entusiastic experience.
In Italian forum HE5-LE if very appreciated. This new version H6 golden planar magnet, I would to listen, if possible.
Pics of the HE-6 Loaner
Leather has a nice texture to it, looks more like leather now in pictures. Feels nice in your hands.
1/4" TRS Adapter and Banana Plug Speaker adapters. Not that you'll be able to use the HE-6 with most headphone amps, but it's nice to have both options.
- HE-6 Loaner Program
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 17 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 29 seconds ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 44 seconds ago
- › Howdy! 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear