Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Review: Hifiman HE-6/EF-6: An Elite Headphone System, Under One Roof Last post on 1/16/15 at 9:39pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:03 pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HE-6 Loaner Program - Page 17
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Western US HE-6 Loaner has arrived safely in my hands today. :)
Sound has definitely improved a bit from the already excellent sounding prototypes at CanJam. Most noticeable changes are better imaging, tighter bass and treble. Will post more as I get some quality quiet time to listen. Along with pics as well. :)
I did put over 300 hours on the HE-6, so they are fully burned in.
Well, I feel the HE-6 are more airy and transparent and open sounding, but with a little bit smaller but well focused soundstage. The HE-6 and HE-5 LE soundstage isn't too small, but it's not as large as the K1000, HD800, HE-60 or LCD-2. It's closer to the O2 Mk1 or LA7000.
The apparent detail of the HE-6 is better, while the LCD-2 and HE-5 LE have slightly less but still very good and similar levels of detail. The LCD-2 has a warmer and slightly darker flavor than the HE-6 or HE-5 LE, but slightly better depth and width of the soundstage. The LCD-2 improved a little bit with burn-in, but changes are not huge and about as much as an HD600 changes, rather than being like an Ultrasone with roller coaster changes over time. Pianos are not as drilling into my head with the LCD-2 now, but I prefer the HE-6 and HE-5 LE presentation more with those. The HE-5 LE are still more delicate and airy than the LCD-2, but the LCD-2 are not overly dark any more than the O2 Mk1 on a good amp.
I'd have to say I like all three phones, but they have different flavors and times when I would listen. As far as pairing - I liked the HE-6 on the Yamaha receiver in my bedroom the most, followed by the Jade on my eXStatA, LCD-2 on the EF-5 amp or HE-5LE on the SAC amp. The HD800 and HE-60 will still reside in my main headphone rig in the basement, driven by the ZDT and WES amps, but the O2 Mk1 and HE-6 would likely get a bit of ear time down there as well.
I'm still not done evaluating the LCD-2. It does work better with portable amps than the HE-6 and HE-5 LE or HE-5, unless I am using the RSA Protector in balanced mode, and then the LCD-2 fall behind the others. Also, the DACport which is one of my favorites sounds thin with the LCD-2, which I cannot explain. The uDAC is my favorite portable with the LCD-2.
Thanks for shedding light on the topic. How does the LCD-2 fair with your main tube amps? I saw reports of the Audez'e benefiting from good quality sources/amps.
Let's try and confine the topic in this thread to discussion (particularly questions) of the HE-6 sounds please. We can always start another comparison thread.
Good point - I'm done discussing the HE-6 vs LCD-2 comparisons here anyway.
Describing how a headphone sounds will naturally take comparisons to other headphones. I, for one, am interested in how the he6 sounds compared to the lcd2, along with all the other high end headphones out.
Edited by Pyriel0 - 7/28/10 at 10:28pm
Everyone is more than welcome to compare, but it is not appropriate to spend more time discussing competing headphones in this thread than discussing the HE-6 itself.
ANY decent headphone will benefit from using good quality sources and amps.
We are at end of week three and no impressions from the people who have them now. Would be nice to start seeing some more impressions on the people who took them last week.
Originally Posted by Frank I
" We are at end of week three and no impressions from the people who have them now. Would be nice to start seeing some more impressions on the people who took them last week."
My thoughts exactly
Edwood got them a few days ago.
Yup, I have the Western HE-6. Speaking of which, I see that Skylab is next on the list for the Western HE-6? Uh, isn't he in Chicago? Last I checked Chicago was in the Eastern half of the USA. ;) Not that it matters really to me, it'll just slow down a bit with the extra transit time.
I'll likely ship via FedEx ground.
- HE-6 Loaner Program
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 10 seconds ago
- › I've Made a Terrible Mistake OR My Frustrating IEMs Journey,... 40 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 50 seconds ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 firmware version 1.22beta download and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3