After some help on head fi, I got a pair of A700 headphones. I like them a lot, but I'm trying to find out what they are capable of. I would like to find out how great of a soundstage it has, but I don't know how to test this. Does anyone know if there is a song out there specifically made for testing a headphone's soundstage?
Related Forum Threads
- Best circumaural headphones at the $200 price point? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon ah-d5000 Last post on 5/31/12 at 12:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- buying an ath a700- the bad the good and the ugly please.... Last post on 1/3/12 at 2:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grabbing a New Pair of Headphones - Any suggestions would be great! Last post on 10/25/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Novice with sound. Advice needed for sound card paird with ATH-A700 Last post on 11/1/11 at 11:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
Special song to test headphone soundstage?post #1 of 526/12/10 at 7:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 526/12/10 at 7:39am
not sure about a certain song but live orchestral recordings or live recordings in general sound better on my ultrasones ,i.e instruments out wide to the left and right ,sometimes behind though never enough in front for my liking ,sinatra at the sands is one examplepost #3 of 526/12/10 at 8:08ampost #4 of 526/12/10 at 8:20ampost #5 of 526/12/10 at 8:49ampost #6 of 526/12/10 at 8:53ampost #7 of 526/12/10 at 9:50am
Recordings of live performances, or electronic soundscape music where most of the content is in ambient noises. The album below has really nonsensical main instruments, how unsilly the music will sound depends on how well your gear can do soundstage and ambient sounds. I recommend listening to the lossless version which you can get by getting their cheap download membership. Most of their recordings are decent or good quality.post #8 of 526/12/10 at 9:53ampost #9 of 526/12/10 at 10:01ampost #10 of 526/13/10 at 5:06ampost #11 of 526/13/10 at 6:00ampost #12 of 526/13/10 at 6:09amQuote:
Unplugged albums are great, but I also find that some older hip-hop have some incredible depth in the recordings (seriously).post #13 of 526/13/10 at 10:06amQuote:
you should checkout Techmaster P.E.B., the cd has some good tracks for testing out bass.
LeAnn Rimes - Amazing Grace is a good song for sound stage.post #14 of 526/14/10 at 7:10pm
+1 for Orchestral music, you could literally pick anything in that department... oddly enough I found "Ask The Mountains" by Enya to be a nice/awkward/trippy song for soundstage testing.
- Special song to test headphone soundstage?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 15 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 50 seconds ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ZMF x Vibro Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Upgrading my speakers 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06A - A New Winner 4 minutes ago
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)