After some help on head fi, I got a pair of A700 headphones. I like them a lot, but I'm trying to find out what they are capable of. I would like to find out how great of a soundstage it has, but I don't know how to test this. Does anyone know if there is a song out there specifically made for testing a headphone's soundstage?
Related Forum Threads
- Best circumaural headphones at the $200 price point? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon ah-d5000 Last post on 5/31/12 at 12:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- buying an ath a700- the bad the good and the ugly please.... Last post on 1/3/12 at 2:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grabbing a New Pair of Headphones - Any suggestions would be great! Last post on 10/25/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Novice with sound. Advice needed for sound card paird with ATH-A700 Last post on 11/1/11 at 11:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
Special song to test headphone soundstage?post #1 of 526/12/10 at 7:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 526/12/10 at 7:39am
not sure about a certain song but live orchestral recordings or live recordings in general sound better on my ultrasones ,i.e instruments out wide to the left and right ,sometimes behind though never enough in front for my liking ,sinatra at the sands is one examplepost #3 of 526/12/10 at 8:08ampost #4 of 526/12/10 at 8:20ampost #5 of 526/12/10 at 8:49ampost #6 of 526/12/10 at 8:53ampost #7 of 526/12/10 at 9:50am
Recordings of live performances, or electronic soundscape music where most of the content is in ambient noises. The album below has really nonsensical main instruments, how unsilly the music will sound depends on how well your gear can do soundstage and ambient sounds. I recommend listening to the lossless version which you can get by getting their cheap download membership. Most of their recordings are decent or good quality.post #8 of 526/12/10 at 9:53ampost #9 of 526/12/10 at 10:01ampost #10 of 526/13/10 at 5:06ampost #11 of 526/13/10 at 6:00ampost #12 of 526/13/10 at 6:09amQuote:
Unplugged albums are great, but I also find that some older hip-hop have some incredible depth in the recordings (seriously).post #13 of 526/13/10 at 10:06amQuote:
you should checkout Techmaster P.E.B., the cd has some good tracks for testing out bass.
LeAnn Rimes - Amazing Grace is a good song for sound stage.post #14 of 526/14/10 at 7:10pm
+1 for Orchestral music, you could literally pick anything in that department... oddly enough I found "Ask The Mountains" by Enya to be a nice/awkward/trippy song for soundstage testing.
- Special song to test headphone soundstage?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 25 seconds ago
- › Tube amps for 325is, MS Pro and Senn HD598 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › WTB Sennheiser HD25-1 II 3 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Not Happy with my current setup. Details inside. Need help picking... 8 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware's Sound Quality 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)