After some help on head fi, I got a pair of A700 headphones. I like them a lot, but I'm trying to find out what they are capable of. I would like to find out how great of a soundstage it has, but I don't know how to test this. Does anyone know if there is a song out there specifically made for testing a headphone's soundstage?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best circumaural headphones at the $200 price point? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon ah-d5000 Last post on 5/31/12 at 12:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- buying an ath a700- the bad the good and the ugly please.... Last post on 1/3/12 at 2:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grabbing a New Pair of Headphones - Any suggestions would be great! Last post on 10/25/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Novice with sound. Advice needed for sound card paird with ATH-A700 Last post on 11/1/11 at 11:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
Special song to test headphone soundstage?post #1 of 636/12/10 at 7:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 636/12/10 at 7:39am
not sure about a certain song but live orchestral recordings or live recordings in general sound better on my ultrasones ,i.e instruments out wide to the left and right ,sometimes behind though never enough in front for my liking ,sinatra at the sands is one examplepost #3 of 636/12/10 at 8:08ampost #4 of 636/12/10 at 8:20ampost #5 of 636/12/10 at 8:49ampost #6 of 636/12/10 at 8:53ampost #7 of 636/12/10 at 9:50am
Recordings of live performances, or electronic soundscape music where most of the content is in ambient noises. The album below has really nonsensical main instruments, how unsilly the music will sound depends on how well your gear can do soundstage and ambient sounds. I recommend listening to the lossless version which you can get by getting their cheap download membership. Most of their recordings are decent or good quality.post #8 of 636/12/10 at 9:53ampost #9 of 636/12/10 at 10:01ampost #10 of 636/13/10 at 5:06ampost #11 of 636/13/10 at 6:00ampost #12 of 636/13/10 at 6:09amQuote:
Unplugged albums are great, but I also find that some older hip-hop have some incredible depth in the recordings (seriously).post #13 of 636/13/10 at 10:06amQuote:
you should checkout Techmaster P.E.B., the cd has some good tracks for testing out bass.
LeAnn Rimes - Amazing Grace is a good song for sound stage.post #14 of 636/14/10 at 7:10pm
+1 for Orchestral music, you could literally pick anything in that department... oddly enough I found "Ask The Mountains" by Enya to be a nice/awkward/trippy song for soundstage testing.
- Special song to test headphone soundstage?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Ayre Acoustics "Codex" DAC/Headphone Amp 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless 1 minute ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › PMV A-01 5 minutes ago
- › IEM recommendations around $300 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...