After some help on head fi, I got a pair of A700 headphones. I like them a lot, but I'm trying to find out what they are capable of. I would like to find out how great of a soundstage it has, but I don't know how to test this. Does anyone know if there is a song out there specifically made for testing a headphone's soundstage?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best circumaural headphones at the $200 price point? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon ah-d5000 Last post on 5/31/12 at 12:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- buying an ath a700- the bad the good and the ugly please.... Last post on 1/3/12 at 2:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grabbing a New Pair of Headphones - Any suggestions would be great! Last post on 10/25/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Novice with sound. Advice needed for sound card paird with ATH-A700 Last post on 11/1/11 at 11:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are a steal for the msrp price (don't mind that I got a killer deal). I haven't heard any headphone come close to achieving the textures achieved by the PSBs. The chunkiness...
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Special song to test headphone soundstage?post #1 of 536/12/10 at 7:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 536/12/10 at 7:39am
not sure about a certain song but live orchestral recordings or live recordings in general sound better on my ultrasones ,i.e instruments out wide to the left and right ,sometimes behind though never enough in front for my liking ,sinatra at the sands is one examplepost #3 of 536/12/10 at 8:08ampost #4 of 536/12/10 at 8:20ampost #5 of 536/12/10 at 8:49ampost #6 of 536/12/10 at 8:53ampost #7 of 536/12/10 at 9:50am
Recordings of live performances, or electronic soundscape music where most of the content is in ambient noises. The album below has really nonsensical main instruments, how unsilly the music will sound depends on how well your gear can do soundstage and ambient sounds. I recommend listening to the lossless version which you can get by getting their cheap download membership. Most of their recordings are decent or good quality.post #8 of 536/12/10 at 9:53ampost #9 of 536/12/10 at 10:01ampost #10 of 536/13/10 at 5:06ampost #11 of 536/13/10 at 6:00ampost #12 of 536/13/10 at 6:09amQuote:
Unplugged albums are great, but I also find that some older hip-hop have some incredible depth in the recordings (seriously).post #13 of 536/13/10 at 10:06amQuote:
you should checkout Techmaster P.E.B., the cd has some good tracks for testing out bass.
LeAnn Rimes - Amazing Grace is a good song for sound stage.post #14 of 536/14/10 at 7:10pm
+1 for Orchestral music, you could literally pick anything in that department... oddly enough I found "Ask The Mountains" by Enya to be a nice/awkward/trippy song for soundstage testing.
- Special song to test headphone soundstage?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for a new pair 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best android music player app? 5 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 7 minutes ago
- › HTC One M9 review "even louder than M8" 8 minutes ago
- › Will This Be Called The Westone "Epic" Tip? 10 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2