After some help on head fi, I got a pair of A700 headphones. I like them a lot, but I'm trying to find out what they are capable of. I would like to find out how great of a soundstage it has, but I don't know how to test this. Does anyone know if there is a song out there specifically made for testing a headphone's soundstage?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best circumaural headphones at the $200 price point? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon ah-d5000 Last post on 5/31/12 at 12:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- buying an ath a700- the bad the good and the ugly please.... Last post on 1/3/12 at 2:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grabbing a New Pair of Headphones - Any suggestions would be great! Last post on 10/25/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Novice with sound. Advice needed for sound card paird with ATH-A700 Last post on 11/1/11 at 11:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
you'll hear what the musicians wanted their music to be sounded like. Well-balanced. Design is not so good as my friend's jh 13 but he had repaired his connector twice. only bad thing is that the...
I am a big fan of overachieving gear of any kind. What I mean by overachieving is the “they sound way too good for the price” factor. This is a highly subjective mindset because the worth of...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The...
Special song to test headphone soundstage?post #1 of 646/12/10 at 7:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 646/12/10 at 7:39am
not sure about a certain song but live orchestral recordings or live recordings in general sound better on my ultrasones ,i.e instruments out wide to the left and right ,sometimes behind though never enough in front for my liking ,sinatra at the sands is one examplepost #3 of 646/12/10 at 8:08ampost #4 of 646/12/10 at 8:20ampost #5 of 646/12/10 at 8:49ampost #6 of 646/12/10 at 8:53ampost #7 of 646/12/10 at 9:50am
Recordings of live performances, or electronic soundscape music where most of the content is in ambient noises. The album below has really nonsensical main instruments, how unsilly the music will sound depends on how well your gear can do soundstage and ambient sounds. I recommend listening to the lossless version which you can get by getting their cheap download membership. Most of their recordings are decent or good quality.post #8 of 646/12/10 at 9:53ampost #9 of 646/12/10 at 10:01ampost #10 of 646/13/10 at 5:06ampost #11 of 646/13/10 at 6:00ampost #12 of 646/13/10 at 6:09amQuote:
Unplugged albums are great, but I also find that some older hip-hop have some incredible depth in the recordings (seriously).post #13 of 646/13/10 at 10:06amQuote:
you should checkout Techmaster P.E.B., the cd has some good tracks for testing out bass.
LeAnn Rimes - Amazing Grace is a good song for sound stage.post #14 of 646/14/10 at 7:10pm
+1 for Orchestral music, you could literally pick anything in that department... oddly enough I found "Ask The Mountains" by Enya to be a nice/awkward/trippy song for soundstage testing.
- Special song to test headphone soundstage?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 32 seconds ago
- › Help buying a new portable music source (mp3) 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Audio setup for work to use with Pandora 2 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Durable IEM Recommendations for around $50-100 2 minutes ago
- › Triangle Comete 30th Anniversary Speakers, Near Mint 3 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 3 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Hisoundaudio HSA-H200 Pro by mark2410
- › Brainwavz Hooka by Wokei
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by kdub
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...