- 569 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Location: AUBURN KENTUCKY
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 6/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:34 pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Changes to HIFIMAN Warranty Policy Last post on 5/11/15 at 10:17pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- CanJam Music Appreciation Contest Last post on 4/29/15 at 4:41pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HiFiMAN @ StereoExchange Headphone Event Thursday March 19 in New York City Last post on 3/28/15 at 11:01pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Result of Valentine’s giving away Last post on 4/9/15 at 7:13pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
The ATH-CK9’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. Built and accessories: The ATH-CKR9 is a dual dynamic IEM featuring two 13mm drivers. The drivers are...
HM-801 New Amp Module Project - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I would sugest the mini3 design from AMB, if we is willing to share or sell a license for it's use.
It is a great portable amplifier on par with most of the offerings from RSA, headamp, headroom and other manufacturers.
I read something about a new balanced amp here (In the last comment).
"...With HIfiman releasing a balanced amp card soon ..."
But that may be as well originated from this thread
Fang, I would like you to develop something more simple: Why not an amp that had the same sound signature of the HM-601?
With the standard amplifier, I think the HM-801 is too bright with less bass, missing body and/or soul to their sound. Moreover, at least with my Shure SE530, there is a problem with sound tonality. I think it has a nasal sound
At first, I did not like the HM-801. I was expecting a similar sound signature to the HM-601, but even more space, depth, detail, etc..
I will not sell this unit, at least for now. I will give a chance to GAME amp and some other news that may arise for this player.
I got the Game amp and never looked back. Originally i was using expensive external amps but now it with the Game it just isn't worth carrying the extra weight and bulk for the slight improvement over the Game unless i have mid to full sized on, and then i am carrying bulk and weight anyway.
I moved back to China on April. I spent a whole month on renting house, set up office, etc. I went to Germany on May to attend Munich highend show. I apologize for my long time absent in headfi community.
Balanced Amp module has been finished three month ago. However, I am not happy with the balanced amp module cover. We need another 4 weeks to finish the new amp module cover, then we will release the balanced amp module.
About new HM-801 firmware: I will work with our software engineer on this before July.
- HM-801 New Amp Module Project
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 1 minute ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › which audio technica is the warmest and best bass 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Etymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones by Chiek
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2