- 569 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Location: AUBURN KENTUCKY
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 6/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman Focus pads any good ? Last post on 10/19/14 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan customer appreciation event Last post on 10/14/14 at 6:42pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN HE-400i touring event is coming. Last post on 9/21/14 at 3:28am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- WOW, HE-560 won award!!! Last post on 7/18/14 at 5:40am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HifiMan HE-560 US Touring Event - Sign up List Updated Last post on 12/19/14 at 4:54pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
HM-801 New Amp Module Project - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I would sugest the mini3 design from AMB, if we is willing to share or sell a license for it's use.
It is a great portable amplifier on par with most of the offerings from RSA, headamp, headroom and other manufacturers.
I read something about a new balanced amp here (In the last comment).
"...With HIfiman releasing a balanced amp card soon ..."
But that may be as well originated from this thread
Fang, I would like you to develop something more simple: Why not an amp that had the same sound signature of the HM-601?
With the standard amplifier, I think the HM-801 is too bright with less bass, missing body and/or soul to their sound. Moreover, at least with my Shure SE530, there is a problem with sound tonality. I think it has a nasal sound
At first, I did not like the HM-801. I was expecting a similar sound signature to the HM-601, but even more space, depth, detail, etc..
I will not sell this unit, at least for now. I will give a chance to GAME amp and some other news that may arise for this player.
I got the Game amp and never looked back. Originally i was using expensive external amps but now it with the Game it just isn't worth carrying the extra weight and bulk for the slight improvement over the Game unless i have mid to full sized on, and then i am carrying bulk and weight anyway.
I moved back to China on April. I spent a whole month on renting house, set up office, etc. I went to Germany on May to attend Munich highend show. I apologize for my long time absent in headfi community.
Balanced Amp module has been finished three month ago. However, I am not happy with the balanced amp module cover. We need another 4 weeks to finish the new amp module cover, then we will release the balanced amp module.
About new HM-801 firmware: I will work with our software engineer on this before July.
- HM-801 New Amp Module Project
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 3 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 3 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)