Has anyone attempted this yet? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/21/10
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- What are the best clear sounding headphones? Last post on 10/8/12 at 8:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphones with Good Soundstage and Isolation? Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
Denon D2000 D7000 Wood Cup swappost #1 of 986/9/10 at 1:15pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 986/9/10 at 1:18pm
I remember reading from somewhere that this is actually not physically possible because way they attach to the body frame are a bit different (someone do correct me if I'm wrong...)post #3 of 986/9/10 at 1:35pmThread Starterpost #4 of 986/9/10 at 2:17pmThread Starterpost #5 of 986/9/10 at 2:24pmpost #6 of 986/9/10 at 2:36pmThread Starterpost #7 of 986/9/10 at 2:51pmpost #8 of 986/9/10 at 3:21pmpost #9 of 986/9/10 at 5:45pmThread Starterpost #10 of 986/10/10 at 4:35amThread StarterQuote:
I am hoping the D7K's woodies will produce an improvement over the stock D2K's SQ. I will keep you posted.
Edited by ULTRA-HARMONICS - 6/10/10 at 5:00ampost #11 of 986/10/10 at 4:50amQuote:
Those two pictures never cease to amaze me. Goddamn they are gorgeous.
post #12 of 986/11/10 at 6:09ampost #13 of 986/11/10 at 6:49amQuote:
It is "physically possible" but a little tricky. When one disassembles the thing and compares the factory cups with the wood ones, it is clear where to make some holes into the protrusions in the mahogany, practically with a screwdriver or similar. The mahogany, fortunately, is so easy to work with.
The good news is that I am a woman, and if I have managed to do it, anybody with some common engineering sense should be able to do it as well. :-)
Edited by polarwarrior - 6/11/10 at 6:52ampost #14 of 986/11/10 at 2:11pmThread Starter
- Denon D2000 D7000 Wood Cup swap
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 9 seconds ago
- › Can my amp drive HE-6 15 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 31 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 2 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear