Has anyone attempted this yet? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/21/10
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- What are the best clear sounding headphones? Last post on 10/8/12 at 8:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphones with Good Soundstage and Isolation? Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
Denon D2000 D7000 Wood Cup swappost #1 of 986/9/10 at 1:15pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 986/9/10 at 1:18pm
I remember reading from somewhere that this is actually not physically possible because way they attach to the body frame are a bit different (someone do correct me if I'm wrong...)post #3 of 986/9/10 at 1:35pmThread Starterpost #4 of 986/9/10 at 2:17pmThread Starterpost #5 of 986/9/10 at 2:24pmpost #6 of 986/9/10 at 2:36pmThread Starterpost #7 of 986/9/10 at 2:51pmpost #8 of 986/9/10 at 3:21pmpost #9 of 986/9/10 at 5:45pmThread Starterpost #10 of 986/10/10 at 4:35amThread StarterQuote:
I am hoping the D7K's woodies will produce an improvement over the stock D2K's SQ. I will keep you posted.
Edited by ULTRA-HARMONICS - 6/10/10 at 5:00ampost #11 of 986/10/10 at 4:50amQuote:
Those two pictures never cease to amaze me. Goddamn they are gorgeous.
post #12 of 986/11/10 at 6:09ampost #13 of 986/11/10 at 6:49amQuote:
It is "physically possible" but a little tricky. When one disassembles the thing and compares the factory cups with the wood ones, it is clear where to make some holes into the protrusions in the mahogany, practically with a screwdriver or similar. The mahogany, fortunately, is so easy to work with.
The good news is that I am a woman, and if I have managed to do it, anybody with some common engineering sense should be able to do it as well. :-)
Edited by polarwarrior - 6/11/10 at 6:52ampost #14 of 986/11/10 at 2:11pmThread Starter
- Denon D2000 D7000 Wood Cup swap
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Need help moving up from ER4S (I like that sound) to proper closed... 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 vs DT880 3 minutes ago
- › With headphones can two supersonic tones (say 30k and 33K) at high... 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi