Has anyone attempted this yet? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/21/10
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- What are the best clear sounding headphones? Last post on 10/8/12 at 8:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphones with Good Soundstage and Isolation? Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Denon D2000 D7000 Wood Cup swappost #1 of 986/9/10 at 1:15pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 986/9/10 at 1:18pm
I remember reading from somewhere that this is actually not physically possible because way they attach to the body frame are a bit different (someone do correct me if I'm wrong...)post #3 of 986/9/10 at 1:35pmThread Starterpost #4 of 986/9/10 at 2:17pmThread Starterpost #5 of 986/9/10 at 2:24pmpost #6 of 986/9/10 at 2:36pmThread Starterpost #7 of 986/9/10 at 2:51pmpost #8 of 986/9/10 at 3:21pmpost #9 of 986/9/10 at 5:45pmThread Starterpost #10 of 986/10/10 at 4:35amThread StarterQuote:
I am hoping the D7K's woodies will produce an improvement over the stock D2K's SQ. I will keep you posted.
Edited by ULTRA-HARMONICS - 6/10/10 at 5:00ampost #11 of 986/10/10 at 4:50amQuote:
Those two pictures never cease to amaze me. Goddamn they are gorgeous.
post #12 of 986/11/10 at 6:09ampost #13 of 986/11/10 at 6:49amQuote:
It is "physically possible" but a little tricky. When one disassembles the thing and compares the factory cups with the wood ones, it is clear where to make some holes into the protrusions in the mahogany, practically with a screwdriver or similar. The mahogany, fortunately, is so easy to work with.
The good news is that I am a woman, and if I have managed to do it, anybody with some common engineering sense should be able to do it as well. :-)
Edited by polarwarrior - 6/11/10 at 6:52ampost #14 of 986/11/10 at 2:11pmThread Starter
- Denon D2000 D7000 Wood Cup swap
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 7 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)