I've done the search thing but found no RECENT remarks/opinions regarding the AE2. So whats the current concensus?
Related Forum Threads
- looking to buy an amp Last post on 6/14/10 at 11:16am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp AE-2 Vs. ALO Audio RX amp Last post on 11/3/10 at 12:35pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which Ohm limit for driven cans by Headamp Pico Last post on 12/1/10 at 2:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- best headamp to use with Sony XB700 ? Last post on 10/13/10 at 11:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Info on new upcoming Headamp pico POWER Portable Amp? Last post on 5/28/12 at 11:13am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
HeadAmp AE2 still highly regarded?post #2 of 36/8/10 at 5:37pm
huh?? its in your sig, why do you need us to tell you what you are hearing? go to a meet and compare it to other amps if need be, if you are doing this research to se if you need to buy another amp, do you feel you are missing something?
any second hand impression from someone else comparing it to another amp you havent heard might be intriguing, but I dont see how its really that useful; much better to use your own earsi
t is still well regarded, but a lot has gone on in the last couple of yearspost #3 of 36/8/10 at 7:45pm
The AE2 is an older amp and like qusp commented, newer amps have come up. Even from Headamp, there are the newer Pico amp, Pico/DAC combo and their latest Pico Slim. I'm sure the AE2 still sounds good. It is still rated high in Skylab's list. There are so many good amps now that are smaller and less expensive than the AE2 that may even surpass it. However, AE2 still wins in looks to me.
- HeadAmp AE2 still highly regarded?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 just now
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 7 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 8 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 13 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 43 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 46 seconds ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 1 minute ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best looking tube amp 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)