Thanks for your impressions, Nordwestlicht. What is your signal chain (dac, amp, any special cables or computer tweaks)? Also, is your HD800 of recent manufacture (5-digit serial number, or close)?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 4/6/14 at 1:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD800, T1 or LCD-2 on a small system Last post on 5/27/12 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD800 vs Audeze LCD-2 (Rev 2) vs Denon D7000 Shootout Last post on 4/18/15 at 7:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: Today
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
Audeze LCD2 vs Sennheiser HD800?? - Page 89post #1321 of 13796/16/11 at 2:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1322 of 13796/16/11 at 2:49pmQuote:
I'm waiting for that LCD2 revelation too. I'm not discounting it, I just have yet to experience it despite three or four listenings. The fit does piss me off something special too.post #1323 of 13796/16/11 at 4:53pm
Here is my chain:
Denon DVD-3910 (CD, HDCD, DVD-A, SACD, MP3) @ Pure Direct Mode via analog stereo cinch out ->
Sommercable Classique cable with Hicon cinch, 0,50 mm² OFC, 100% screened, 0,3m length ->
Meier Audio Corda Cantate.2 @ high gain @ crossfeed off ->
A good chain for the HD800 has to have a very low output impedance (0 ohms) like the Cantate.2 has, to achieve the sound that is meant for it [you surely can experiment with different resistors to get different sounds out of the HD800], and it has to have no audible noise at all when you turn the volume up to the maximum (unlike some tube amps have) and it must have the right amount of power to drive the HD800 (2 o'clock so far has been my maximum volume setting on the Cantate.2 for the HD800 because I don't want to become deaf very soon with my 29 years atm ...).
That all is given with the chain mentioned above.
Oh, sorry, I forgot to answer a question: My HD800 has a S/N of 078xx
I think I'm a rational person and I really don't believe in differences when it comes to the sound of cables and digital sources, unless they are (wilfully) badly constructed. Because I'm an open minded person, I did believe in some things of this sort in the past, but I was refuted and have learned out of it.
Most people tend to spend much money for expansive "voodoo-HiFi-things" (different cables, expansive CD players, etc.) that won't last a single blind test.
They may do it and believe that they've improved something this way, if they feel good with it. I don't, unless it has been proven to me without a doubt, that there is really an improvement. Most so called improvements already fail when it comes to scientific/physical arguments.
This is my personal opinion out of experience and some knowledge, but it's far away from the topic... sorry for that.Quote:
Edited by Nordwestlicht - 6/16/11 at 5:20pmpost #1324 of 13796/16/11 at 7:11pm
Why do you feel '0' is so important? Anything lower than 10 ohms should yield significantly diminished returns wrt damping factor. Tyll just did some measurements on the Beyer 880 32/250/600 last month or so. Am I missing something?post #1325 of 13796/16/11 at 8:20pmpost #1326 of 13796/16/11 at 10:53pmpost #1327 of 13796/16/11 at 10:55pm
I'm looking at getting one of these headphones in a couple of months
I currently have 701 and DT 880 and much prefer the 701's
Based on this which one out of the LCD2 and HD800 would suit me do you think?post #1328 of 13796/16/11 at 10:59pmpost #1329 of 13796/16/11 at 11:13pmQuote:
HD800 for sure. But it kind of depends on why you prefer the 701. The LCD2 has less treble and more bass than both of them.post #1330 of 13796/16/11 at 11:19pmQuote:
Definitely the HD800 in that case.Quote:
I don't think that's it, they're phenomenal even out my HDP.post #1331 of 13796/16/11 at 11:28pmpost #1332 of 13796/17/11 at 12:42am
Had a big revelation with them, I love them now and absolutely don't consider them dark in the least. (see http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/453116/audeze-lcd-2-orthos/12630) I am selling my current pair because I just copped a great deal on an LCD2 plus Schiit Lyr that'll be here soon. If I suddenly adore them after considering them one of the worst cans I ever heard, and through only an HDP too, they're VERY special If you don't like them with all of those amps, they must not be for you.post #1333 of 13796/17/11 at 12:52ampost #1334 of 13796/17/11 at 12:55ampost #1335 of 13796/17/11 at 1:01am
Last post on the page good sir: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/453116/audeze-lcd-2-orthos/12630
This thread is locked
- Audeze LCD2 vs Sennheiser HD800??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @... 2 seconds ago
- › Good Closed Back headphones for under 150 USD 20 seconds ago
- › ChiUniFi 9 Meet Impressions thread 36 seconds ago
- › Cayin N6 39 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 2 minutes ago
- › Best headphones FOR ME for less than 200$? 2 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs Element 3 minutes ago
- › Southeastern Michigan Head-Fi Fall Meet - Pleasant Ridge, MI 9.19.15 4 minutes ago
- › Kindly Request Your Expertise 4 minutes ago
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)