Waiting for some impressions :D
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of Hifiman HM models Last post on 7/15/12 at 11:37pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman 801 USB DAC vs Portable USB DACs Last post on 8/13/10 at 11:15pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman 801 GAME amp - any reviews? Last post on 9/26/11 at 6:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Hifiman hm-801 doesn´t work Last post on 4/26/11 at 9:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman HM-801 help Last post on 5/17/11 at 8:43am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Please make sure to click that Like button at the bottom of the page, also drop a comment and feel free to ask questions if you have them! AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
HiFiMAN 602: Talk about your initial impressions and specs - Page 5
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 11957/16/10 at 8:42am
The choice of the TAD 1543 is interesting. Yeo at diyparadise played with that chip a lot before deciding that he prefers the TAD 1545 for the Monica DAC. (The TAD 1545 is an EIAJ not I2S format chip.) It is at the heart of my USB Monica and it is indeed beautiful. Warm and organic mids with slightly rolled off treble (beautiful synergy with the DT880/600 ohm) and powerful bass. I hope that the TAD 1543 sounds as good.
Edited by cooperpwc - 7/16/10 at 8:48ampost #63 of 11957/26/10 at 4:54pmpost #64 of 11957/26/10 at 6:18pmpost #65 of 11957/26/10 at 7:09pmpost #66 of 11957/26/10 at 7:27pmpost #67 of 11957/26/10 at 7:32pmpost #68 of 11957/26/10 at 8:30pmpost #69 of 11957/27/10 at 12:35ampost #70 of 11957/27/10 at 1:34ampost #71 of 11957/27/10 at 1:46am
I'm not sure the roll-off has been consistently reported by all users, and given the RMAA tests I saw it should be minimal with neutral or brighter headphones. Might become too obvious though with already rolled-off headphones. BTW, could the rolled-off issue be impedance dependent as the bass roll off of most DAP is ?post #72 of 11957/27/10 at 3:35ampost #73 of 11957/27/10 at 4:18amQuote:Originally Posted by MayaTlab
I'm not sure the roll-off has been consistently reported by all users, and given the RMAA tests I saw it should be minimal with neutral or brighter headphones. Might become too obvious though with already rolled-off headphones. BTW, could the rolled-off issue be impedance dependent as the bass roll off of most DAP is ?
I found the HM-801's sweet and slightly laid back highs to be a perfect match for the Beyer DT880 when I tested it. The DT880 driven by a player with "flat" response sounds excessively bright and grainy up top. Headphones with neutral to energetic highs should be great matches, but ones that have inherently recessed highs or have a dark signature may not be.
I'm hoping that the 602 keeps the 801's sweet sounding nature. I love detail, but brightness is very fatiguing. I can only listen to the Cowon S9 for a couple of hours before I have to turn it off because of listening fatigue. The HM-801 on the other hand, I could listen to all day.post #74 of 11957/27/10 at 7:47amQuote:
Thank y'all - It's going to be brutal.
As a guitar player, the parlance used by players describing the "need" for different guitars, amps or effects is called GAS - Guitar/Gear Acquisition Syndrome. In stumbling around here for the past few weeks, my observations are that most everone here has a healthy to serious dose of GAS.
Oh, the things we do for our own enjoyment...
- HiFiMAN 602: Talk about your initial impressions and specs
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Band Name Game II 16 seconds ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Amp or DAC? Which to buy first for HD 600 1 minute ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Looking to upgrade my ATH-M50. Would like to keep it under $200. 3 minutes ago
- › Which new Headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 5 minutes ago
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe