Aren't the 840 pads made of the same material as the M50 pads?
Related Forum Threads
- ATH m50 vs SHR840 Last post on 9/1/10 at 7:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure srh840 or Audio-Techiniqa M50 Last post on 7/24/10 at 12:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- POLL: ATH-M50 vs Shure SRH840 Last post on 8/24/10 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50S or Shure SRH840 Last post on 9/14/10 at 12:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Introduction help deciding Last post on 9/5/10 at 3:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
M50 with 440/840 Pads - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's hard to say, they're both made from some sort of plastic leather. There are a lot of different compositions for plastic however and the surface of the shure pads don't feel the same as the at pads. The main reason to go with the new 840 pads is the increased comfort, they have a larger circumference and deeper/softer pads.
Has anyone noticed a difference in sound with the 840 pads? Please give it a critical listen for me. I tried the beyer dt250 pads a while ago and they disgusted me with a horrible perversion of the frequency response. I tried to get used to them, but they messed up the freq. response way too much. The beyer pads have been sitting in my drawer since then.
Yes. Compared to the M50 pads the 440 pads open up the soundstage, decrease the bass a bit (some might say they refine the bass) and increase the mids. The 840 pads open up the soundstage as well but to a lesser degree than the 440 pads but maintain the bass. I'd say you might notice a slight increase in mids as well with the 840 pads.
These are my initial reactions to both pads anyways.
Keep in mind that I have "balance mod" in place
So it goes without saying that "results may vary." ;)
since the 840s i have came with an extra set, i might have to try this.
i didn't really find that the "balance mod" did anything, to my ears anyway.
so, this will be a final effort to coerce some midrange out of the m50s before offloading them...
- M50 with 440/840 Pads
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @... 21 seconds ago
- › need advice. 36 seconds ago
- › Fresh From The Oven: iBasso P5 "Falcon" 44 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 2 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audioquest JitterBug - USB Data & Power Noise Filter. 3 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 80Ω 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2