Aren't the 840 pads made of the same material as the M50 pads?
Related Forum Threads
- ATH m50 vs SHR840 Last post on 9/1/10 at 7:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure srh840 or Audio-Techiniqa M50 Last post on 7/24/10 at 12:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- POLL: ATH-M50 vs Shure SRH840 Last post on 8/24/10 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50S or Shure SRH840 Last post on 9/14/10 at 12:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Introduction help deciding Last post on 9/5/10 at 3:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
M50 with 440/840 Pads - Page 2post #16 of 946/19/10 at 12:12am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 946/19/10 at 1:11ampost #18 of 946/19/10 at 2:06ampost #19 of 946/19/10 at 12:09pmpost #20 of 946/19/10 at 1:08pm
That's hard to say, they're both made from some sort of plastic leather. There are a lot of different compositions for plastic however and the surface of the shure pads don't feel the same as the at pads. The main reason to go with the new 840 pads is the increased comfort, they have a larger circumference and deeper/softer pads.post #21 of 946/19/10 at 1:27pmpost #22 of 946/20/10 at 1:55pmpost #23 of 946/20/10 at 2:09pmpost #24 of 946/20/10 at 3:33pmpost #25 of 946/20/10 at 4:20pmpost #26 of 946/20/10 at 11:08pm
Has anyone noticed a difference in sound with the 840 pads? Please give it a critical listen for me. I tried the beyer dt250 pads a while ago and they disgusted me with a horrible perversion of the frequency response. I tried to get used to them, but they messed up the freq. response way too much. The beyer pads have been sitting in my drawer since then.post #27 of 946/21/10 at 7:38pmThread Starter
Yes. Compared to the M50 pads the 440 pads open up the soundstage, decrease the bass a bit (some might say they refine the bass) and increase the mids. The 840 pads open up the soundstage as well but to a lesser degree than the 440 pads but maintain the bass. I'd say you might notice a slight increase in mids as well with the 840 pads.
These are my initial reactions to both pads anyways.
Keep in mind that I have "balance mod" in place
So it goes without saying that "results may vary." ;)post #28 of 947/27/10 at 12:04pmpost #29 of 947/28/10 at 8:32ampost #30 of 947/28/10 at 8:51am
since the 840s i have came with an extra set, i might have to try this.
i didn't really find that the "balance mod" did anything, to my ears anyway.
so, this will be a final effort to coerce some midrange out of the m50s before offloading them...
- M50 with 440/840 Pads
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 26 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 29 seconds ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 2 minutes ago
- › The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Beresford Bushmaster TC-7530 and Bushmaster MKII TC-7533 Comparison... 3 minutes ago
- › Over ears help, 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob