Aren't the 840 pads made of the same material as the M50 pads?
Related Forum Threads
- ATH m50 vs SHR840 Last post on 9/1/10 at 7:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure srh840 or Audio-Techiniqa M50 Last post on 7/24/10 at 12:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- POLL: ATH-M50 vs Shure SRH840 Last post on 8/24/10 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50S or Shure SRH840 Last post on 9/14/10 at 12:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Introduction help deciding Last post on 9/5/10 at 3:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Wow...these cans seem to generate a lot of passion! Mr. Tech Agent's review below is a pretty tough act to follow, but I will try. 1st a quote from the literature that comes with the HD 650's:...
Final Audio Adagio III Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/744122/final-audio-adagio-iii-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Oh god,...
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
M50 with 440/840 Pads - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's hard to say, they're both made from some sort of plastic leather. There are a lot of different compositions for plastic however and the surface of the shure pads don't feel the same as the at pads. The main reason to go with the new 840 pads is the increased comfort, they have a larger circumference and deeper/softer pads.
Has anyone noticed a difference in sound with the 840 pads? Please give it a critical listen for me. I tried the beyer dt250 pads a while ago and they disgusted me with a horrible perversion of the frequency response. I tried to get used to them, but they messed up the freq. response way too much. The beyer pads have been sitting in my drawer since then.
Yes. Compared to the M50 pads the 440 pads open up the soundstage, decrease the bass a bit (some might say they refine the bass) and increase the mids. The 840 pads open up the soundstage as well but to a lesser degree than the 440 pads but maintain the bass. I'd say you might notice a slight increase in mids as well with the 840 pads.
These are my initial reactions to both pads anyways.
Keep in mind that I have "balance mod" in place
So it goes without saying that "results may vary." ;)
since the 840s i have came with an extra set, i might have to try this.
i didn't really find that the "balance mod" did anything, to my ears anyway.
so, this will be a final effort to coerce some midrange out of the m50s before offloading them...
- M50 with 440/840 Pads
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Black Friday Deals for Audiophiles 2014 1 minute ago
- › Open back cans with replaceable parts <300 bucks 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a "portable" headphone for ~€200 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X1 vs Astell&Kern AK100 3 minutes ago
- › Cardas cable vs. HD600 stock cable 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)