Aren't the 840 pads made of the same material as the M50 pads?
Related Forum Threads
- ATH m50 vs SHR840 Last post on 9/1/10 at 7:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure srh840 or Audio-Techiniqa M50 Last post on 7/24/10 at 12:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- POLL: ATH-M50 vs Shure SRH840 Last post on 8/24/10 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50S or Shure SRH840 Last post on 9/14/10 at 12:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Introduction help deciding Last post on 9/5/10 at 3:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
M50 with 440/840 Pads - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's hard to say, they're both made from some sort of plastic leather. There are a lot of different compositions for plastic however and the surface of the shure pads don't feel the same as the at pads. The main reason to go with the new 840 pads is the increased comfort, they have a larger circumference and deeper/softer pads.
Has anyone noticed a difference in sound with the 840 pads? Please give it a critical listen for me. I tried the beyer dt250 pads a while ago and they disgusted me with a horrible perversion of the frequency response. I tried to get used to them, but they messed up the freq. response way too much. The beyer pads have been sitting in my drawer since then.
Yes. Compared to the M50 pads the 440 pads open up the soundstage, decrease the bass a bit (some might say they refine the bass) and increase the mids. The 840 pads open up the soundstage as well but to a lesser degree than the 440 pads but maintain the bass. I'd say you might notice a slight increase in mids as well with the 840 pads.
These are my initial reactions to both pads anyways.
Keep in mind that I have "balance mod" in place
So it goes without saying that "results may vary." ;)
since the 840s i have came with an extra set, i might have to try this.
i didn't really find that the "balance mod" did anything, to my ears anyway.
so, this will be a final effort to coerce some midrange out of the m50s before offloading them...
- M50 with 440/840 Pads
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 29 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: 21 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 45 seconds ago
- › Jakarta Get-Together - August 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for ~100 iem 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Fitear f111 vs 334 4 minutes ago
- › Is the time of high priced IEM's coming to an end? 4 minutes ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 4 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)