OK so with the coloring.... swirling the acrylics does not always come out right. Since these are literally hand-poured into the cast the color starts to blend when we attempt the swirl. There have been a few that look OK, but honestly most do not. The colors get all muddled where they meet and it can take away from the sharpness and level of visual quality everyone desires and we want to provide.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 8/4/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 6/29/15 at 4:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread! Last post on 3/23/14 at 9:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thunderpants vs Custom IEMS Last post on 3/24/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
Westone ES5 - Page 5post #61 of 55496/28/10 at 7:12am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 55496/30/10 at 4:24am
Successful day in Hong Kong and my order is in. (Hopefully my ear impressions were good - I will find out in a few weeks when the ES5 arrive.)
Smoke shells, deep flex canal tips, black 64" cable. All very conservative. :-)
Now I just have to be patient...post #63 of 55496/30/10 at 4:50ampost #64 of 55496/30/10 at 5:20am
It was good weather (yesterday actually). I missed the rain.
I dealt directly with Westone's rep for Hong Kong, ThinkingGroup. A very good experience so far.
Edited by cooperpwc - 6/30/10 at 5:45ampost #65 of 55496/30/10 at 5:46ampost #66 of 55496/30/10 at 5:55ampost #67 of 55496/30/10 at 1:44pmQuote:
I'll take mine in two-buck-Chuck.post #68 of 55496/30/10 at 6:16pm
kinda like a little fish bowl in my ear. I know it's a bit minute but lol
Edited by ThEvil0nE - 6/30/10 at 6:18pmpost #69 of 55497/1/10 at 12:26ampost #70 of 55497/15/10 at 10:15pm
I am surprised I did not hear about this sooner. Well, not really. I've been hugely content with my current setup and haven't been frequenting the forums nearly as much as before.
It's nice to know that Westone went 2:2:1 with the highs:mids:lows. They have always been exceptional from an engineering standpoint. I also think the price is very attractive -- it undercuts either of the premier JHA earpieces by a nice margin.
I find the comparisons between the ES5s and JH16s to be unsurprising. I owned the JH16s and, I must confess, was not really impressed with them. The ES5s vs. the JH13s are a far more interesting comparison since previously the latter unit was heralded as the king of IEM neutrality, but it seems now we have a new (very exciting) contender. The differences in voicing and sound make sense, but I'm interested in which of the two has a genuinely higher resolution.post #71 of 55497/16/10 at 12:47ampost #72 of 55497/16/10 at 2:14ampost #73 of 55497/16/10 at 3:47ampost #74 of 55497/16/10 at 4:19ampost #75 of 55497/16/10 at 6:25amQuote:Originally Posted by cooperpwc
Right on topic, 3X0: Here is an interesting review from the Motion Picture Editor's Guild comparing the Westone ES5, UE18, JH 13, JH 16, ASC T1 and Ear Inc Z5.
Interesting stuff. I find it particularly interesting that the JHAs got the best soundstage rating since a head-fier that owned the UE18s and JHAs commented that the staging of the UE18 was far larger/superior. Also surprised the UE18 got the best bass rating and the worst treble rating since I had perceived them to be more analytic than that based on the vibes I got reading around head-fi.
The read is interesting for the general idea and useful guidance, but I am also genuinely concerned if the detail ratings are based on actual rendered detail or the perceived detail. For example an emphasis on mids will demonstrate ostensibly superior midrange detail retrieval (i.e. SE530); a spike in the treble could make an IEM seem like detail monsters when actually there is a false exaggeration of the actual information (i.e. ER4); an emphasized low-end can blur the overall perception of resolution (you get the picture here).Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 50 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Stax "KGSS-A" aka Maxed out SRM-727A 3 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 5 minutes ago
- › The all new ALO Rx IEM amp! Now on sale. 6 minutes ago
- › THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even... 8 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)