OK so with the coloring.... swirling the acrylics does not always come out right. Since these are literally hand-poured into the cast the color starts to blend when we attempt the swirl. There have been a few that look OK, but honestly most do not. The colors get all muddled where they meet and it can take away from the sharpness and level of visual quality everyone desires and we want to provide.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 8/4/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Heir Audio 8.A: 8-Driver, 4-Way Crossover Custom Fit In-Ear Monitors Last post on 7/3/13 at 7:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 11/21/13 at 12:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread! Last post on 11/19/13 at 11:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thunderpants vs Custom IEMS Last post on 3/24/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: Yesterday
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
Westone ES5 - Page 5post #61 of 55036/28/10 at 7:12am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 55036/30/10 at 4:24am
Successful day in Hong Kong and my order is in. (Hopefully my ear impressions were good - I will find out in a few weeks when the ES5 arrive.)
Smoke shells, deep flex canal tips, black 64" cable. All very conservative. :-)
Now I just have to be patient...post #63 of 55036/30/10 at 4:50ampost #64 of 55036/30/10 at 5:20am
It was good weather (yesterday actually). I missed the rain.
I dealt directly with Westone's rep for Hong Kong, ThinkingGroup. A very good experience so far.
Edited by cooperpwc - 6/30/10 at 5:45ampost #65 of 55036/30/10 at 5:46ampost #66 of 55036/30/10 at 5:55ampost #67 of 55036/30/10 at 1:44pmQuote:
I'll take mine in two-buck-Chuck.post #68 of 55036/30/10 at 6:16pm
kinda like a little fish bowl in my ear. I know it's a bit minute but lol
Edited by ThEvil0nE - 6/30/10 at 6:18pmpost #69 of 55037/1/10 at 12:26ampost #70 of 55037/15/10 at 10:15pm
I am surprised I did not hear about this sooner. Well, not really. I've been hugely content with my current setup and haven't been frequenting the forums nearly as much as before.
It's nice to know that Westone went 2:2:1 with the highs:mids:lows. They have always been exceptional from an engineering standpoint. I also think the price is very attractive -- it undercuts either of the premier JHA earpieces by a nice margin.
I find the comparisons between the ES5s and JH16s to be unsurprising. I owned the JH16s and, I must confess, was not really impressed with them. The ES5s vs. the JH13s are a far more interesting comparison since previously the latter unit was heralded as the king of IEM neutrality, but it seems now we have a new (very exciting) contender. The differences in voicing and sound make sense, but I'm interested in which of the two has a genuinely higher resolution.post #71 of 55037/16/10 at 12:47ampost #72 of 55037/16/10 at 2:14ampost #73 of 55037/16/10 at 3:47ampost #74 of 55037/16/10 at 4:19ampost #75 of 55037/16/10 at 6:25amQuote:Originally Posted by cooperpwc
Right on topic, 3X0: Here is an interesting review from the Motion Picture Editor's Guild comparing the Westone ES5, UE18, JH 13, JH 16, ASC T1 and Ear Inc Z5.
Interesting stuff. I find it particularly interesting that the JHAs got the best soundstage rating since a head-fier that owned the UE18s and JHAs commented that the staging of the UE18 was far larger/superior. Also surprised the UE18 got the best bass rating and the worst treble rating since I had perceived them to be more analytic than that based on the vibes I got reading around head-fi.
The read is interesting for the general idea and useful guidance, but I am also genuinely concerned if the detail ratings are based on actual rendered detail or the perceived detail. For example an emphasis on mids will demonstrate ostensibly superior midrange detail retrieval (i.e. SE530); a spike in the treble could make an IEM seem like detail monsters when actually there is a false exaggeration of the actual information (i.e. ER4); an emphasized low-end can blur the overall perception of resolution (you get the picture here).Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES5
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Upgrade from soundMAGIC E-30 42 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › How many bronies are in here? 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Nov 4th 2013 and feature poll... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit LYR + LCD-2 3 minutes ago
- › Starving Student PCB's 3 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 4 minutes ago
- › The Hobbit Movie Thread (and anything else related to Lord of the... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe