OK so with the coloring.... swirling the acrylics does not always come out right. Since these are literally hand-poured into the cast the color starts to blend when we attempt the swirl. There have been a few that look OK, but honestly most do not. The colors get all muddled where they meet and it can take away from the sharpness and level of visual quality everyone desires and we want to provide.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 8/4/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 8/3/14 at 3:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread! Last post on 3/23/14 at 9:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thunderpants vs Custom IEMS Last post on 3/24/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Westone ES5 - Page 5post #61 of 55466/28/10 at 7:12am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 55466/30/10 at 4:24am
Successful day in Hong Kong and my order is in. (Hopefully my ear impressions were good - I will find out in a few weeks when the ES5 arrive.)
Smoke shells, deep flex canal tips, black 64" cable. All very conservative. :-)
Now I just have to be patient...post #63 of 55466/30/10 at 4:50ampost #64 of 55466/30/10 at 5:20am
It was good weather (yesterday actually). I missed the rain.
I dealt directly with Westone's rep for Hong Kong, ThinkingGroup. A very good experience so far.
Edited by cooperpwc - 6/30/10 at 5:45ampost #65 of 55466/30/10 at 5:46ampost #66 of 55466/30/10 at 5:55ampost #67 of 55466/30/10 at 1:44pmQuote:
I'll take mine in two-buck-Chuck.post #68 of 55466/30/10 at 6:16pm
kinda like a little fish bowl in my ear. I know it's a bit minute but lol
Edited by ThEvil0nE - 6/30/10 at 6:18pmpost #69 of 55467/1/10 at 12:26ampost #70 of 55467/15/10 at 10:15pm
I am surprised I did not hear about this sooner. Well, not really. I've been hugely content with my current setup and haven't been frequenting the forums nearly as much as before.
It's nice to know that Westone went 2:2:1 with the highs:mids:lows. They have always been exceptional from an engineering standpoint. I also think the price is very attractive -- it undercuts either of the premier JHA earpieces by a nice margin.
I find the comparisons between the ES5s and JH16s to be unsurprising. I owned the JH16s and, I must confess, was not really impressed with them. The ES5s vs. the JH13s are a far more interesting comparison since previously the latter unit was heralded as the king of IEM neutrality, but it seems now we have a new (very exciting) contender. The differences in voicing and sound make sense, but I'm interested in which of the two has a genuinely higher resolution.post #71 of 55467/16/10 at 12:47ampost #72 of 55467/16/10 at 2:14ampost #73 of 55467/16/10 at 3:47ampost #74 of 55467/16/10 at 4:19ampost #75 of 55467/16/10 at 6:25amQuote:Originally Posted by cooperpwc
Right on topic, 3X0: Here is an interesting review from the Motion Picture Editor's Guild comparing the Westone ES5, UE18, JH 13, JH 16, ASC T1 and Ear Inc Z5.
Interesting stuff. I find it particularly interesting that the JHAs got the best soundstage rating since a head-fier that owned the UE18s and JHAs commented that the staging of the UE18 was far larger/superior. Also surprised the UE18 got the best bass rating and the worst treble rating since I had perceived them to be more analytic than that based on the vibes I got reading around head-fi.
The read is interesting for the general idea and useful guidance, but I am also genuinely concerned if the detail ratings are based on actual rendered detail or the perceived detail. For example an emphasis on mids will demonstrate ostensibly superior midrange detail retrieval (i.e. SE530); a spike in the treble could make an IEM seem like detail monsters when actually there is a false exaggeration of the actual information (i.e. ER4); an emphasized low-end can blur the overall perception of resolution (you get the picture here).Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › [Review] InEar SD-2, a $450 dual driver IEM worth every penny to my... 3 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 39 seconds ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 44 seconds ago
- › Does iTunes Home Sharing transcode all formats to ALAC? 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The... 4 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Westone 2 True-Fit IEM Appreciation & Impressions Thread... 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)