- 470 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Sydney
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 8/4/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 7/27/16 at 12:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread! Last post on 3/23/14 at 9:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thunderpants vs Custom IEMS Last post on 3/24/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
Westone ES5 - Page 370post #5536 of 55502/6/14 at 3:09amThe es5 are one of the more engaging IEMs out there
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5537 of 55502/6/14 at 10:24am
Maybe it depends on how you figure "engaging." I think "fun" signatures are engaging. Interactive. Ones that make your head rock or actually push you to get up and dance.
I don't mean that it's not interesting, beautiful, or does not resonate with my emotions. It does those things. It means I don't consider it a club in my head. It's clean, detailed; somewhat clinical and studio-like. I think the ES5 present music beautifully. They are relaxing to me. Someone said that the ES5 were "effortless" before and if I could pick only one word to describe the ES5, I would choose effortless. And I would choose smooth second.
My source material for those who asked is a mid-2009 Macbook Pro with 320s or ALACs > USB Gen 2 Schiit Gungnir > Pico Slim > ES5.post #5538 of 55502/6/14 at 8:57pm
Thanks folks . Just a quick addon question then: what genres are the ES5 -- or ES50 now -- truly best for, or are they a very multi-purpose IEM? Particularly in focus of Hip-Hop/Pop, rock, and the likes of Jason Mraz/Michael Buble?post #5539 of 55502/6/14 at 10:18pmQuote:
For me, the ES5 is like and enhanced W4, and basically I treat it as multi-purpose IEM for most genre. I listen mostly to ACG and jpop thopost #5540 of 55502/8/14 at 10:31ampost #5541 of 55502/13/14 at 12:35pm
Yeah, my ES5 are perfect for any genre, and they can rock out to classic rock, hip/hip, pop, acoustic, vocals, jazz, classical, electronic, new age - everything.post #5542 of 55502/13/14 at 7:52pmpost #5543 of 55506/12/14 at 4:24pm
I've updated my thread for anyone interested. First time i changed my eq in over a year. Suddenly my old settings didnt sound right, and as is often the case, when i go back to them now i cant figure out why I didnt notice sooner.post #5544 of 55509/15/14 at 1:04ampost #5545 of 55509/15/14 at 4:22ampost #5546 of 55509/15/14 at 4:41ampost #5547 of 55504/24/15 at 4:03ampost #5548 of 55504/29/15 at 9:37pmpost #5549 of 55505/17/15 at 11:36pm
In Europe, through Variphone, last year I ordered the es5 model...as I didnt want the new connector. Been such a great iem. :) Such a nice step up from the westone 4. Maybe Variphone do international orders too?post #5550 of 55507/25/16 at 2:24am
Sorry for reviving an old thread. I lost one side of my ES5. Now I can't order it. What I want to know is: does the ES60 have the same lushness and warmth that the ES5 has? If so I may consider ordering the ES60.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Welcome one and all! Please introduce yourselves! 16 seconds ago
- › Headphones with a grainy sound and character? 26 seconds ago
- › Fidue Headphones clearance sale 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynaics T1 2nd Gen 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...