- 470 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Sydney
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 8/4/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 5/21/16 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread! Last post on 3/23/14 at 9:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thunderpants vs Custom IEMS Last post on 3/24/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Westone ES5 - Page 370post #5536 of 55492/6/14 at 3:09amThe es5 are one of the more engaging IEMs out there
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5537 of 55492/6/14 at 10:24am
Maybe it depends on how you figure "engaging." I think "fun" signatures are engaging. Interactive. Ones that make your head rock or actually push you to get up and dance.
I don't mean that it's not interesting, beautiful, or does not resonate with my emotions. It does those things. It means I don't consider it a club in my head. It's clean, detailed; somewhat clinical and studio-like. I think the ES5 present music beautifully. They are relaxing to me. Someone said that the ES5 were "effortless" before and if I could pick only one word to describe the ES5, I would choose effortless. And I would choose smooth second.
My source material for those who asked is a mid-2009 Macbook Pro with 320s or ALACs > USB Gen 2 Schiit Gungnir > Pico Slim > ES5.post #5538 of 55492/6/14 at 8:57pm
Thanks folks . Just a quick addon question then: what genres are the ES5 -- or ES50 now -- truly best for, or are they a very multi-purpose IEM? Particularly in focus of Hip-Hop/Pop, rock, and the likes of Jason Mraz/Michael Buble?post #5539 of 55492/6/14 at 10:18pmQuote:
For me, the ES5 is like and enhanced W4, and basically I treat it as multi-purpose IEM for most genre. I listen mostly to ACG and jpop thopost #5540 of 55492/8/14 at 10:31ampost #5541 of 55492/13/14 at 12:35pm
Yeah, my ES5 are perfect for any genre, and they can rock out to classic rock, hip/hip, pop, acoustic, vocals, jazz, classical, electronic, new age - everything.post #5542 of 55492/13/14 at 7:52pmpost #5543 of 55496/12/14 at 4:24pm
I've updated my thread for anyone interested. First time i changed my eq in over a year. Suddenly my old settings didnt sound right, and as is often the case, when i go back to them now i cant figure out why I didnt notice sooner.post #5544 of 55499/15/14 at 1:04ampost #5545 of 55499/15/14 at 4:22ampost #5546 of 55499/15/14 at 4:41ampost #5547 of 55494/24/15 at 4:03ampost #5548 of 55494/29/15 at 9:37pmpost #5549 of 55495/17/15 at 11:36pm
In Europe, through Variphone, last year I ordered the es5 model...as I didnt want the new connector. Been such a great iem. :) Such a nice step up from the westone 4. Maybe Variphone do international orders too?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Grado Fan Club! 44 seconds ago
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables Silver Poison French Silk Black 3.5mm both ends 2 minutes ago
- › Another flaw of blind tests? 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › I did my own listening test...four formats...did I hear a difference? 3 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Ausdom ANC7 Active Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphone Impressions... 5 minutes ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 6 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...