- 386 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Sydney
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 8/4/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 1/30/15 at 9:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread! Last post on 3/23/14 at 9:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thunderpants vs Custom IEMS Last post on 3/24/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/760881/sennheiser-momentum-1-0-on-ears-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Sennheiser’s style range On...
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
Westone ES5 - Page 370post #5536 of 55462/6/14 at 3:09amThe es5 are one of the more engaging IEMs out there
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5537 of 55462/6/14 at 10:24am
Maybe it depends on how you figure "engaging." I think "fun" signatures are engaging. Interactive. Ones that make your head rock or actually push you to get up and dance.
I don't mean that it's not interesting, beautiful, or does not resonate with my emotions. It does those things. It means I don't consider it a club in my head. It's clean, detailed; somewhat clinical and studio-like. I think the ES5 present music beautifully. They are relaxing to me. Someone said that the ES5 were "effortless" before and if I could pick only one word to describe the ES5, I would choose effortless. And I would choose smooth second.
My source material for those who asked is a mid-2009 Macbook Pro with 320s or ALACs > USB Gen 2 Schiit Gungnir > Pico Slim > ES5.post #5538 of 55462/6/14 at 8:57pm
Thanks folks . Just a quick addon question then: what genres are the ES5 -- or ES50 now -- truly best for, or are they a very multi-purpose IEM? Particularly in focus of Hip-Hop/Pop, rock, and the likes of Jason Mraz/Michael Buble?post #5539 of 55462/6/14 at 10:18pmQuote:
For me, the ES5 is like and enhanced W4, and basically I treat it as multi-purpose IEM for most genre. I listen mostly to ACG and jpop thopost #5540 of 55462/8/14 at 10:31ampost #5541 of 55462/13/14 at 12:35pm
Yeah, my ES5 are perfect for any genre, and they can rock out to classic rock, hip/hip, pop, acoustic, vocals, jazz, classical, electronic, new age - everything.post #5542 of 55462/13/14 at 7:52pmpost #5543 of 55466/12/14 at 4:24pm
I've updated my thread for anyone interested. First time i changed my eq in over a year. Suddenly my old settings didnt sound right, and as is often the case, when i go back to them now i cant figure out why I didnt notice sooner.post #5544 of 55469/15/14 at 1:04ampost #5545 of 55469/15/14 at 4:22ampost #5546 of 55469/15/14 at 4:41amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 10 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 46 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 1 minute ago
- › List of Just Earbuds 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best bass heavy sports earbuds? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2