- 404 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Sydney
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 8/4/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 7/9/15 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread! Last post on 3/23/14 at 9:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thunderpants vs Custom IEMS Last post on 3/24/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Westone ES5 - Page 370post #5536 of 55492/6/14 at 3:09amThe es5 are one of the more engaging IEMs out there
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5537 of 55492/6/14 at 10:24am
Maybe it depends on how you figure "engaging." I think "fun" signatures are engaging. Interactive. Ones that make your head rock or actually push you to get up and dance.
I don't mean that it's not interesting, beautiful, or does not resonate with my emotions. It does those things. It means I don't consider it a club in my head. It's clean, detailed; somewhat clinical and studio-like. I think the ES5 present music beautifully. They are relaxing to me. Someone said that the ES5 were "effortless" before and if I could pick only one word to describe the ES5, I would choose effortless. And I would choose smooth second.
My source material for those who asked is a mid-2009 Macbook Pro with 320s or ALACs > USB Gen 2 Schiit Gungnir > Pico Slim > ES5.post #5538 of 55492/6/14 at 8:57pm
Thanks folks . Just a quick addon question then: what genres are the ES5 -- or ES50 now -- truly best for, or are they a very multi-purpose IEM? Particularly in focus of Hip-Hop/Pop, rock, and the likes of Jason Mraz/Michael Buble?post #5539 of 55492/6/14 at 10:18pmQuote:
For me, the ES5 is like and enhanced W4, and basically I treat it as multi-purpose IEM for most genre. I listen mostly to ACG and jpop thopost #5540 of 55492/8/14 at 10:31ampost #5541 of 55492/13/14 at 12:35pm
Yeah, my ES5 are perfect for any genre, and they can rock out to classic rock, hip/hip, pop, acoustic, vocals, jazz, classical, electronic, new age - everything.post #5542 of 55492/13/14 at 7:52pmpost #5543 of 55496/12/14 at 4:24pm
I've updated my thread for anyone interested. First time i changed my eq in over a year. Suddenly my old settings didnt sound right, and as is often the case, when i go back to them now i cant figure out why I didnt notice sooner.post #5544 of 55499/15/14 at 1:04ampost #5545 of 55499/15/14 at 4:22ampost #5546 of 55499/15/14 at 4:41ampost #5547 of 55494/24/15 at 4:03ampost #5548 of 55494/29/15 at 9:37pmpost #5549 of 55495/17/15 at 11:36pm
In Europe, through Variphone, last year I ordered the es5 model...as I didnt want the new connector. Been such a great iem. :) Such a nice step up from the westone 4. Maybe Variphone do international orders too?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 2 minutes ago
- › Any hope for browsing by Genre -> Album insead of Genre -> Song? 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 3 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for a decent pair ;) 4 minutes ago
- › I don't feel any difference between AKG Q701 and Steelseries... 6 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 6 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 6 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3