- 411 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Sydney
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 8/4/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on Today at 12:19 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread! Last post on 3/23/14 at 9:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thunderpants vs Custom IEMS Last post on 3/24/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Introduction I would like to start this review off by saying thank you to the folks at Pro-Ject Audio systems for lending me a pair of their brand new Hear-it-One headphones....
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I’d like to thank Vivian from DUNU-Topsound for providing me with a sample of the DN-2000J for my evaluation. My review reflects my actual honest opinion...
Westone ES5 - Page 370post #5536 of 55492/6/14 at 3:09amThe es5 are one of the more engaging IEMs out there
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5537 of 55492/6/14 at 10:24am
Maybe it depends on how you figure "engaging." I think "fun" signatures are engaging. Interactive. Ones that make your head rock or actually push you to get up and dance.
I don't mean that it's not interesting, beautiful, or does not resonate with my emotions. It does those things. It means I don't consider it a club in my head. It's clean, detailed; somewhat clinical and studio-like. I think the ES5 present music beautifully. They are relaxing to me. Someone said that the ES5 were "effortless" before and if I could pick only one word to describe the ES5, I would choose effortless. And I would choose smooth second.
My source material for those who asked is a mid-2009 Macbook Pro with 320s or ALACs > USB Gen 2 Schiit Gungnir > Pico Slim > ES5.post #5538 of 55492/6/14 at 8:57pm
Thanks folks . Just a quick addon question then: what genres are the ES5 -- or ES50 now -- truly best for, or are they a very multi-purpose IEM? Particularly in focus of Hip-Hop/Pop, rock, and the likes of Jason Mraz/Michael Buble?post #5539 of 55492/6/14 at 10:18pmQuote:
For me, the ES5 is like and enhanced W4, and basically I treat it as multi-purpose IEM for most genre. I listen mostly to ACG and jpop thopost #5540 of 55492/8/14 at 10:31ampost #5541 of 55492/13/14 at 12:35pm
Yeah, my ES5 are perfect for any genre, and they can rock out to classic rock, hip/hip, pop, acoustic, vocals, jazz, classical, electronic, new age - everything.post #5542 of 55492/13/14 at 7:52pmpost #5543 of 55496/12/14 at 4:24pm
I've updated my thread for anyone interested. First time i changed my eq in over a year. Suddenly my old settings didnt sound right, and as is often the case, when i go back to them now i cant figure out why I didnt notice sooner.post #5544 of 55499/15/14 at 1:04ampost #5545 of 55499/15/14 at 4:22ampost #5546 of 55499/15/14 at 4:41ampost #5547 of 55494/24/15 at 4:03ampost #5548 of 55494/29/15 at 9:37pmpost #5549 of 55495/17/15 at 11:36pm
In Europe, through Variphone, last year I ordered the es5 model...as I didnt want the new connector. Been such a great iem. :) Such a nice step up from the westone 4. Maybe Variphone do international orders too?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 19 seconds ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 31 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-1000! Trade Details Inside. 34 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 54 seconds ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Sport Headphones Sweepstakes!! 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 7 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2