mine have always taken 3-4 weeks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Heir Audio 8.A: 8-Driver, 4-Way Crossover Custom Fit In-Ear Monitors Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 4/30/13 at 10:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread! Last post on 4/5/13 at 10:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thunderpants vs Custom IEMS Last post on 3/24/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
Westone ES5 - Page 361post #5401 of 54153/14/13 at 12:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5402 of 54153/14/13 at 6:37pmpost #5403 of 54153/14/13 at 6:46pm
Only if you've paid extra $100 or so for "rush order". Normally it's couple weeks as stated by others.Quote:Originally Posted by mrwizardno2
Just got called back to the audiologist to re-cast my ear impressions. Bummer! Here I was hoping I was over a week out, but I guess it's back to day 0. Pfffft!
I read somewhere in this thread that it takes 7-10 days to get the IEMs back from Westone. Has this been true for you guys? Is that business days or do I literally only have to wait one week's time?post #5404 of 54153/29/13 at 7:41am
Hello let me state I am a complete novice here. After hanging here for a while I have decided i am going to upgrade from w4 to ES5 how ever after reading about amps, Dac's, cables and a bewildering range of products which i feel am just starting to understand. my question is ,
I have 8500 songs on itunes which are all lossy so is it worth me looking set up a more advanced rig such as
imod > pico slim >ES5 or similar .
at the moment i have
Touch> ZO 2 > W4 and Smiling a lot.
As it seems unless your source is great every thing else is a bit pointless.
Also thanks for all your post's i think i have a new hobby.post #5405 of 54153/29/13 at 8:38am
The ES5 will improve with iMod+AMPs like JDS C421 or Pico Slim and dock cables like ALO 18AWG Pure Cryo or CXS willbe great add in chain to take real benifits of ES5 amazing soundquality. BTW if your music is 320KBPs to 192KBPS and it willbe still sound good with this setup.
Edited by HFAUDIOPHILE - 3/29/13 at 8:40ampost #5406 of 54153/29/13 at 9:11ampost #5407 of 54154/8/13 at 6:29pm
I called up Westone and asked the estimated turnaround. They said 7-10 (business) days from the time they receive the impressions. That means with shipping time back and forth, my ES5s should be here this week!
edit 4/9: They just called and asked me to come in tomorrow morning. Happy Hump Day, Indeed.
Edited by mrwizardno2 - 4/9/13 at 12:42pmpost #5408 of 54154/10/13 at 3:28pmpost #5409 of 54154/10/13 at 10:17pmpost #5410 of 54154/14/13 at 8:29am
As it turns out, hump day wasn't so happy. The left monitor fit great, had an amazing seal, and sounded as well as I'd hoped. The right monitor, however, did not. I ended up back at the audiologist for a re-fit. She packed up the right monitor, the new impression, and my happiness and sent them off in a little box.
Yeehaw. More waiting. After having a brief listen, though, I know it's worth it!post #5411 of 54154/14/13 at 11:21am
unfortunately, this is the way it goes with customs... my UM miracles didnt fit, and it took 3 tries to get my right es-5 to fit...
its worth getting them perfect. dont give up until you do.post #5412 of 54154/14/13 at 9:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by czqdtc
Es5 is really not as good as some of you guys described here. I did refit twice and finally got a perfect seal but still I sold it because it gets blown away by universals like togo 334 and k3003... Even the ie800s sound better... Es5 's sound is too plain and boring, no coloration, not so transparent as well. 334 blows es5 away especially in vocals. The difference is as huge as u move from hd600 to he-6.Quote:Originally Posted by cooperpwc
I do not agree with this but it is a matter of taste. Comparing the ES5 to the IE800 and TG334, we are talking completely different sound signatures. The ES5 has more texture, layering, subtlety and grace. It is also the most balanced. The IE800 is a more forward, bold and exciting headphone but it is not especially subtle. The TG334 is somewhere in-between but with the least disciplined bass. I don't like the clunky form factor. (Edit: I should add that in my view each of these three has excellent sound quality in its own way.)
All things being equal, I might take the Private 335 over the ES5 but all things are not equal - it is twice the price. The ES5 is good value for a fine custom IEM.
Sorry I never saw these old posts before. The way "my" ES5 fit and sound to me puts them in the top tier of custom IEM or headphones. My ES5 are lively and energetic, rich and vivid, extended and impactful, and open and airy, and warm and everything else they need to be.post #5413 of 54154/20/13 at 11:12ampost #5414 of 54154/22/13 at 8:36amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 18 seconds ago
- › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - No affiliate links... 2 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 3 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S - Any Reviews Yet? 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 5 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe