mine have always taken 3-4 weeks
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 8/4/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 1/30/15 at 9:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread! Last post on 3/23/14 at 9:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thunderpants vs Custom IEMS Last post on 3/24/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
Westone ES5 - Page 361post #5401 of 55463/14/13 at 12:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5402 of 55463/14/13 at 6:37pmpost #5403 of 55463/14/13 at 6:46pm
Only if you've paid extra $100 or so for "rush order". Normally it's couple weeks as stated by others.Quote:Originally Posted by mrwizardno2
Just got called back to the audiologist to re-cast my ear impressions. Bummer! Here I was hoping I was over a week out, but I guess it's back to day 0. Pfffft!
I read somewhere in this thread that it takes 7-10 days to get the IEMs back from Westone. Has this been true for you guys? Is that business days or do I literally only have to wait one week's time?post #5404 of 55463/29/13 at 7:41am
Hello let me state I am a complete novice here. After hanging here for a while I have decided i am going to upgrade from w4 to ES5 how ever after reading about amps, Dac's, cables and a bewildering range of products which i feel am just starting to understand. my question is ,
I have 8500 songs on itunes which are all lossy so is it worth me looking set up a more advanced rig such as
imod > pico slim >ES5 or similar .
at the moment i have
Touch> ZO 2 > W4 and Smiling a lot.
As it seems unless your source is great every thing else is a bit pointless.
Also thanks for all your post's i think i have a new hobby.post #5405 of 55463/29/13 at 8:38am
The ES5 will improve with iMod+AMPs like JDS C421 or Pico Slim and dock cables like ALO 18AWG Pure Cryo or CXS willbe great add in chain to take real benifits of ES5 amazing soundquality. BTW if your music is 320KBPs to 192KBPS and it willbe still sound good with this setup.
Edited by HFAUDIOPHILE - 3/29/13 at 8:40ampost #5406 of 55463/29/13 at 9:11ampost #5407 of 55464/8/13 at 6:29pm
I called up Westone and asked the estimated turnaround. They said 7-10 (business) days from the time they receive the impressions. That means with shipping time back and forth, my ES5s should be here this week!
edit 4/9: They just called and asked me to come in tomorrow morning. Happy Hump Day, Indeed.
Edited by mrwizardno2 - 4/9/13 at 12:42pmpost #5408 of 55464/10/13 at 3:28pmpost #5409 of 55464/10/13 at 10:17pmpost #5410 of 55464/14/13 at 8:29am
As it turns out, hump day wasn't so happy. The left monitor fit great, had an amazing seal, and sounded as well as I'd hoped. The right monitor, however, did not. I ended up back at the audiologist for a re-fit. She packed up the right monitor, the new impression, and my happiness and sent them off in a little box.
Yeehaw. More waiting. After having a brief listen, though, I know it's worth it!post #5411 of 55464/14/13 at 11:21am
unfortunately, this is the way it goes with customs... my UM miracles didnt fit, and it took 3 tries to get my right es-5 to fit...
its worth getting them perfect. dont give up until you do.post #5412 of 55464/14/13 at 9:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by czqdtc
Es5 is really not as good as some of you guys described here. I did refit twice and finally got a perfect seal but still I sold it because it gets blown away by universals like togo 334 and k3003... Even the ie800s sound better... Es5 's sound is too plain and boring, no coloration, not so transparent as well. 334 blows es5 away especially in vocals. The difference is as huge as u move from hd600 to he-6.Quote:Originally Posted by cooperpwc
I do not agree with this but it is a matter of taste. Comparing the ES5 to the IE800 and TG334, we are talking completely different sound signatures. The ES5 has more texture, layering, subtlety and grace. It is also the most balanced. The IE800 is a more forward, bold and exciting headphone but it is not especially subtle. The TG334 is somewhere in-between but with the least disciplined bass. I don't like the clunky form factor. (Edit: I should add that in my view each of these three has excellent sound quality in its own way.)
All things being equal, I might take the Private 335 over the ES5 but all things are not equal - it is twice the price. The ES5 is good value for a fine custom IEM.
Sorry I never saw these old posts before. The way "my" ES5 fit and sound to me puts them in the top tier of custom IEM or headphones. My ES5 are lively and energetic, rich and vivid, extended and impactful, and open and airy, and warm and everything else they need to be.post #5413 of 55464/20/13 at 11:12ampost #5414 of 55464/22/13 at 8:36amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 10 seconds ago
- › Pictures of your speaker setup! 15 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 29 seconds ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread 30 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 39 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 59 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2