mine have always taken 3-4 weeks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Heir Audio 8.A: 8-Driver, 4-Way Crossover Custom Fit In-Ear Monitors Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 4/30/13 at 10:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread! Last post on 4/5/13 at 10:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thunderpants vs Custom IEMS Last post on 3/24/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
The Logitech Z-2300 were a decent pair of speakers. A few friend had them and I was enthused when they played them. Also they were made at a time where it's said that fitting the most quality...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a comparison review of the AD900X, AD1000X and MA900...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube review of the Sony XBA-1. If you like the video, please check out my channel for more reviews Summary BUILD The XBA-1 is...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the XB900. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The XB800...
Along with the summary below, I have a review thread comparing the TMA-1 Studio with the Sony MDR-1R, Z1000, Sennheiser Momentum, Logitech UE 6000 and Audio Technica M50...
Westone ES5 - Page 361post #5401 of 54153/14/13 at 12:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5402 of 54153/14/13 at 6:37pmpost #5403 of 54153/14/13 at 6:46pm
Only if you've paid extra $100 or so for "rush order". Normally it's couple weeks as stated by others.Quote:Originally Posted by mrwizardno2
Just got called back to the audiologist to re-cast my ear impressions. Bummer! Here I was hoping I was over a week out, but I guess it's back to day 0. Pfffft!
I read somewhere in this thread that it takes 7-10 days to get the IEMs back from Westone. Has this been true for you guys? Is that business days or do I literally only have to wait one week's time?post #5404 of 54153/29/13 at 7:41am
Hello let me state I am a complete novice here. After hanging here for a while I have decided i am going to upgrade from w4 to ES5 how ever after reading about amps, Dac's, cables and a bewildering range of products which i feel am just starting to understand. my question is ,
I have 8500 songs on itunes which are all lossy so is it worth me looking set up a more advanced rig such as
imod > pico slim >ES5 or similar .
at the moment i have
Touch> ZO 2 > W4 and Smiling a lot.
As it seems unless your source is great every thing else is a bit pointless.
Also thanks for all your post's i think i have a new hobby.post #5405 of 54153/29/13 at 8:38am
The ES5 will improve with iMod+AMPs like JDS C421 or Pico Slim and dock cables like ALO 18AWG Pure Cryo or CXS willbe great add in chain to take real benifits of ES5 amazing soundquality. BTW if your music is 320KBPs to 192KBPS and it willbe still sound good with this setup.
Edited by HFAUDIOPHILE - 3/29/13 at 8:40ampost #5406 of 54153/29/13 at 9:11ampost #5407 of 54154/8/13 at 6:29pm
I called up Westone and asked the estimated turnaround. They said 7-10 (business) days from the time they receive the impressions. That means with shipping time back and forth, my ES5s should be here this week!
edit 4/9: They just called and asked me to come in tomorrow morning. Happy Hump Day, Indeed.
Edited by mrwizardno2 - 4/9/13 at 12:42pmpost #5408 of 54154/10/13 at 3:28pmpost #5409 of 54154/10/13 at 10:17pmpost #5410 of 54154/14/13 at 8:29am
As it turns out, hump day wasn't so happy. The left monitor fit great, had an amazing seal, and sounded as well as I'd hoped. The right monitor, however, did not. I ended up back at the audiologist for a re-fit. She packed up the right monitor, the new impression, and my happiness and sent them off in a little box.
Yeehaw. More waiting. After having a brief listen, though, I know it's worth it!post #5411 of 54154/14/13 at 11:21am
unfortunately, this is the way it goes with customs... my UM miracles didnt fit, and it took 3 tries to get my right es-5 to fit...
its worth getting them perfect. dont give up until you do.post #5412 of 54154/14/13 at 9:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by czqdtc
Es5 is really not as good as some of you guys described here. I did refit twice and finally got a perfect seal but still I sold it because it gets blown away by universals like togo 334 and k3003... Even the ie800s sound better... Es5 's sound is too plain and boring, no coloration, not so transparent as well. 334 blows es5 away especially in vocals. The difference is as huge as u move from hd600 to he-6.Quote:Originally Posted by cooperpwc
I do not agree with this but it is a matter of taste. Comparing the ES5 to the IE800 and TG334, we are talking completely different sound signatures. The ES5 has more texture, layering, subtlety and grace. It is also the most balanced. The IE800 is a more forward, bold and exciting headphone but it is not especially subtle. The TG334 is somewhere in-between but with the least disciplined bass. I don't like the clunky form factor. (Edit: I should add that in my view each of these three has excellent sound quality in its own way.)
All things being equal, I might take the Private 335 over the ES5 but all things are not equal - it is twice the price. The ES5 is good value for a fine custom IEM.
Sorry I never saw these old posts before. The way "my" ES5 fit and sound to me puts them in the top tier of custom IEM or headphones. My ES5 are lively and energetic, rich and vivid, extended and impactful, and open and airy, and warm and everything else they need to be.post #5413 of 54154/20/13 at 11:12ampost #5414 of 54154/22/13 at 8:36amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › AKG K167 vs Audio Technica ATH M50? 5 seconds ago
- › Shootout: 107 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Astrotec AS-100HD &... 1 minute ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 1 minute ago
- › PRICE of IBASSO DX50 I'm care about it so much !!! 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Philips EM6721 BALANCED Electret, anyone knows them? 4 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 4 minutes ago
- › Singapore Meet - Interest Check. 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/17/13.... 5 minutes ago
- › Logitech Speaker System Z623 by D3Seeker
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-1 Balanced Armature Headphones-1 Driver by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-XB900 | EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by a_recording
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphones by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-7550 In-Ear Monitors (IEM) by a_recording
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-1R by a_recording
- › Sennheiser Momentum by a_recording
- › Soundmagic HP200 by Quadpatch
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe