mine have always taken 3-4 weeks
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 8/4/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on Yesterday at 10:19 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread! Last post on 3/23/14 at 9:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thunderpants vs Custom IEMS Last post on 3/24/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Westone ES5 - Page 361post #5401 of 55493/14/13 at 12:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5402 of 55493/14/13 at 6:37pmpost #5403 of 55493/14/13 at 6:46pm
Only if you've paid extra $100 or so for "rush order". Normally it's couple weeks as stated by others.Quote:Originally Posted by mrwizardno2
Just got called back to the audiologist to re-cast my ear impressions. Bummer! Here I was hoping I was over a week out, but I guess it's back to day 0. Pfffft!
I read somewhere in this thread that it takes 7-10 days to get the IEMs back from Westone. Has this been true for you guys? Is that business days or do I literally only have to wait one week's time?post #5404 of 55493/29/13 at 7:41am
Hello let me state I am a complete novice here. After hanging here for a while I have decided i am going to upgrade from w4 to ES5 how ever after reading about amps, Dac's, cables and a bewildering range of products which i feel am just starting to understand. my question is ,
I have 8500 songs on itunes which are all lossy so is it worth me looking set up a more advanced rig such as
imod > pico slim >ES5 or similar .
at the moment i have
Touch> ZO 2 > W4 and Smiling a lot.
As it seems unless your source is great every thing else is a bit pointless.
Also thanks for all your post's i think i have a new hobby.post #5405 of 55493/29/13 at 8:38am
The ES5 will improve with iMod+AMPs like JDS C421 or Pico Slim and dock cables like ALO 18AWG Pure Cryo or CXS willbe great add in chain to take real benifits of ES5 amazing soundquality. BTW if your music is 320KBPs to 192KBPS and it willbe still sound good with this setup.
Edited by HFAUDIOPHILE - 3/29/13 at 8:40ampost #5406 of 55493/29/13 at 9:11ampost #5407 of 55494/8/13 at 6:29pm
I called up Westone and asked the estimated turnaround. They said 7-10 (business) days from the time they receive the impressions. That means with shipping time back and forth, my ES5s should be here this week!
edit 4/9: They just called and asked me to come in tomorrow morning. Happy Hump Day, Indeed.
Edited by mrwizardno2 - 4/9/13 at 12:42pmpost #5408 of 55494/10/13 at 3:28pmpost #5409 of 55494/10/13 at 10:17pmpost #5410 of 55494/14/13 at 8:29am
As it turns out, hump day wasn't so happy. The left monitor fit great, had an amazing seal, and sounded as well as I'd hoped. The right monitor, however, did not. I ended up back at the audiologist for a re-fit. She packed up the right monitor, the new impression, and my happiness and sent them off in a little box.
Yeehaw. More waiting. After having a brief listen, though, I know it's worth it!post #5411 of 55494/14/13 at 11:21am
unfortunately, this is the way it goes with customs... my UM miracles didnt fit, and it took 3 tries to get my right es-5 to fit...
its worth getting them perfect. dont give up until you do.post #5412 of 55494/14/13 at 9:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by czqdtc
Es5 is really not as good as some of you guys described here. I did refit twice and finally got a perfect seal but still I sold it because it gets blown away by universals like togo 334 and k3003... Even the ie800s sound better... Es5 's sound is too plain and boring, no coloration, not so transparent as well. 334 blows es5 away especially in vocals. The difference is as huge as u move from hd600 to he-6.Quote:Originally Posted by cooperpwc
I do not agree with this but it is a matter of taste. Comparing the ES5 to the IE800 and TG334, we are talking completely different sound signatures. The ES5 has more texture, layering, subtlety and grace. It is also the most balanced. The IE800 is a more forward, bold and exciting headphone but it is not especially subtle. The TG334 is somewhere in-between but with the least disciplined bass. I don't like the clunky form factor. (Edit: I should add that in my view each of these three has excellent sound quality in its own way.)
All things being equal, I might take the Private 335 over the ES5 but all things are not equal - it is twice the price. The ES5 is good value for a fine custom IEM.
Sorry I never saw these old posts before. The way "my" ES5 fit and sound to me puts them in the top tier of custom IEM or headphones. My ES5 are lively and energetic, rich and vivid, extended and impactful, and open and airy, and warm and everything else they need to be.post #5413 of 55494/20/13 at 11:12ampost #5414 of 55494/22/13 at 8:36amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › TRINITY AUDIO ENGINEERING LAUNCH NEW CAMPAIGN FOR HIGH-END SPORTS... 43 seconds ago
- › I'll leave my smart phone home more often 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Critique my setup. What would you upgrade next? 2 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 2 minutes ago
- › 2015 Seattle Redhook Meet impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Any Hifiman EF2A tube rolling guides? 8 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2