- 305 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 8/4/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on Yesterday at 1:07 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread! Last post on 3/23/14 at 9:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thunderpants vs Custom IEMS Last post on 3/24/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
Westone ES5 - Page 357post #5341 of 555012/9/12 at 1:21amAnother question, is there any maintenance for the vinyl tip?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5342 of 555012/9/12 at 7:04amNot that I know of other than wax cleaning. Though in theory it seems over the long run it would help to keep them moisturized. But then I guess your ear oils and wax do an ok job with that ; )post #5343 of 555012/9/12 at 9:27am
Congrats! Let us know what you think.
Just try to use the otterbox that came with it :P Oto-ease isn't necessary, your ears will do the job for keeping them oiled up.post #5344 of 555012/28/12 at 12:15ampost #5345 of 555012/28/12 at 1:08ampost #5346 of 555012/28/12 at 1:19ampost #5347 of 555012/28/12 at 1:36ampost #5348 of 555012/28/12 at 2:15amDo you guys think that it could be due to the technican not fusing the faceplate to the shell properly? Like not applying enough acrylic glue and letting it set under the UV light long enough?post #5349 of 555012/28/12 at 2:44amQuote:
That is exactly what seems to have happened. And that should not happen.post #5350 of 555012/28/12 at 6:28ampost #5351 of 555012/28/12 at 6:44ampost #5352 of 555012/29/12 at 4:54pmpost #5353 of 555012/29/12 at 8:31pmYeah its true that nothing is perfect, but i have dealt with westone before and have had a positive experience with them, its just a bummer when a CIEM like this spoils when you are on holiday in another country.post #5354 of 555012/29/12 at 9:07pm
iamdacow, I hope that you are getting this matter settled quickly with Westone. I have had good dealings with them. Good luck!
I want to say that I do appreciate the large high quality pictures of the internals. Great photographs! Your unfortunate event has provided us a unique view of the ES5. So thanks for sharing that. Cheers!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 18 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 37 seconds ago
- › Ayre Acoustics "Codex" DAC/Headphone Amp 40 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › MINI AUDIO MA01 - SPEC & PHOTOS (DX100 Successor!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Brimar v Mullard CV4014 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Need reccomendation on closed back headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...