- 305 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 8/4/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 8/3/14 at 3:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread! Last post on 3/23/14 at 9:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thunderpants vs Custom IEMS Last post on 3/24/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
if u are looking for a great dac you can better buy new motherboard with supreme fx it sound practicly the same and its cheaper
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Westone ES5 - Page 357post #5341 of 554612/9/12 at 1:21amAnother question, is there any maintenance for the vinyl tip?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5342 of 554612/9/12 at 7:04amNot that I know of other than wax cleaning. Though in theory it seems over the long run it would help to keep them moisturized. But then I guess your ear oils and wax do an ok job with that ; )post #5343 of 554612/9/12 at 9:27am
Congrats! Let us know what you think.
Just try to use the otterbox that came with it :P Oto-ease isn't necessary, your ears will do the job for keeping them oiled up.post #5344 of 554612/28/12 at 12:15ampost #5345 of 554612/28/12 at 1:08ampost #5346 of 554612/28/12 at 1:19ampost #5347 of 554612/28/12 at 1:36ampost #5348 of 554612/28/12 at 2:15amDo you guys think that it could be due to the technican not fusing the faceplate to the shell properly? Like not applying enough acrylic glue and letting it set under the UV light long enough?post #5349 of 554612/28/12 at 2:44amQuote:
That is exactly what seems to have happened. And that should not happen.post #5350 of 554612/28/12 at 6:28ampost #5351 of 554612/28/12 at 6:44ampost #5352 of 554612/29/12 at 4:54pmpost #5353 of 554612/29/12 at 8:31pmYeah its true that nothing is perfect, but i have dealt with westone before and have had a positive experience with them, its just a bummer when a CIEM like this spoils when you are on holiday in another country.post #5354 of 554612/29/12 at 9:07pm
iamdacow, I hope that you are getting this matter settled quickly with Westone. I have had good dealings with them. Good luck!
I want to say that I do appreciate the large high quality pictures of the internals. Great photographs! Your unfortunate event has provided us a unique view of the ES5. So thanks for sharing that. Cheers!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 2359glenn | studio 9 seconds ago
- › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. 10 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 32 seconds ago
- › Fiio E11k or E07K for Beyerdynamic T90? 42 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › ROCK JAW at the Tokyo 2014 Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival October... 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ideal set-up for classical under $450? (Beyerdynamic dt880 vs... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D by Pokerstar
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)