- 305 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 8/4/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 8/28/15 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread! Last post on 3/23/14 at 9:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thunderpants vs Custom IEMS Last post on 3/24/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
Westone ES5 - Page 357post #5341 of 554912/9/12 at 1:21amAnother question, is there any maintenance for the vinyl tip?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5342 of 554912/9/12 at 7:04amNot that I know of other than wax cleaning. Though in theory it seems over the long run it would help to keep them moisturized. But then I guess your ear oils and wax do an ok job with that ; )post #5343 of 554912/9/12 at 9:27am
Congrats! Let us know what you think.
Just try to use the otterbox that came with it :P Oto-ease isn't necessary, your ears will do the job for keeping them oiled up.post #5344 of 554912/28/12 at 12:15ampost #5345 of 554912/28/12 at 1:08ampost #5346 of 554912/28/12 at 1:19ampost #5347 of 554912/28/12 at 1:36ampost #5348 of 554912/28/12 at 2:15amDo you guys think that it could be due to the technican not fusing the faceplate to the shell properly? Like not applying enough acrylic glue and letting it set under the UV light long enough?post #5349 of 554912/28/12 at 2:44amQuote:
That is exactly what seems to have happened. And that should not happen.post #5350 of 554912/28/12 at 6:28ampost #5351 of 554912/28/12 at 6:44ampost #5352 of 554912/29/12 at 4:54pmpost #5353 of 554912/29/12 at 8:31pmYeah its true that nothing is perfect, but i have dealt with westone before and have had a positive experience with them, its just a bummer when a CIEM like this spoils when you are on holiday in another country.post #5354 of 554912/29/12 at 9:07pm
iamdacow, I hope that you are getting this matter settled quickly with Westone. I have had good dealings with them. Good luck!
I want to say that I do appreciate the large high quality pictures of the internals. Great photographs! Your unfortunate event has provided us a unique view of the ES5. So thanks for sharing that. Cheers!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Best gear for listening to classical music... 45 seconds ago
- › Review of Audioquest JitterBug - USB Data & Power Noise Filter. 1 minute ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 1 minute ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 3 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX80 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 5 minutes ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 6 minutes ago
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2