- 305 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 8/4/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on Today at 12:05 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread! Last post on 3/23/14 at 9:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thunderpants vs Custom IEMS Last post on 3/24/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
Westone ES5 - Page 357post #5341 of 555012/9/12 at 1:21amAnother question, is there any maintenance for the vinyl tip?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5342 of 555012/9/12 at 7:04amNot that I know of other than wax cleaning. Though in theory it seems over the long run it would help to keep them moisturized. But then I guess your ear oils and wax do an ok job with that ; )post #5343 of 555012/9/12 at 9:27am
Congrats! Let us know what you think.
Just try to use the otterbox that came with it :P Oto-ease isn't necessary, your ears will do the job for keeping them oiled up.post #5344 of 555012/28/12 at 12:15ampost #5345 of 555012/28/12 at 1:08ampost #5346 of 555012/28/12 at 1:19ampost #5347 of 555012/28/12 at 1:36ampost #5348 of 555012/28/12 at 2:15amDo you guys think that it could be due to the technican not fusing the faceplate to the shell properly? Like not applying enough acrylic glue and letting it set under the UV light long enough?post #5349 of 555012/28/12 at 2:44amQuote:
That is exactly what seems to have happened. And that should not happen.post #5350 of 555012/28/12 at 6:28ampost #5351 of 555012/28/12 at 6:44ampost #5352 of 555012/29/12 at 4:54pmpost #5353 of 555012/29/12 at 8:31pmYeah its true that nothing is perfect, but i have dealt with westone before and have had a positive experience with them, its just a bummer when a CIEM like this spoils when you are on holiday in another country.post #5354 of 555012/29/12 at 9:07pm
iamdacow, I hope that you are getting this matter settled quickly with Westone. I have had good dealings with them. Good luck!
I want to say that I do appreciate the large high quality pictures of the internals. Great photographs! Your unfortunate event has provided us a unique view of the ES5. So thanks for sharing that. Cheers!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 56 seconds ago
- › De'Mun / Bengkel Macro 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › The AK320 thread 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › The decline of rock n roll rebellion 4 minutes ago
- › Need a badge? 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 6 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...