New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Westone ES5 - Page 356

post #5326 of 5543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

The strange thing is, I don't listen to my cables while it's burning in. I listen to one reference song at 0hours, 50, 100, 150, 200. 50 hours is around a 5 days, so I don't think it's my brain 'adjusting' that's making a difference in my case. 

 

Further, I always ask this whenever someone brings up placebo. If it is indeed placebo, but it does work for the individual (cure illness, perceive better sound) then wouldn't that mean placebo is a good thing? If, hypothetically speaking, custom cables were really meant to induce placebo, and that there is no factual improvement, but the individual perceives a better sound through placebo, doesn't that mean the cable is technically doing its job? Gotta think about this one. :P

 

I do note that I didn't perceive much, if not any, burn in difference with the ES5. I thought it was opening up, but it wasn't. :P

Yes, but the point is that the same job could be done using a much cheaper cable. So if somebody handed you an upgrade cable and told you it was the $400 silver poison toxic venom whatever cable, but really it's just a stock westone cable, you would hear improved sound and be happy as ever. No reason to pay the premium if it's a placebo.

post #5327 of 5543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

There could be other factors, and different conclusions. Sounding vastly different than other IEMs doesn't necessarily equate to being 'colored.'

 

 

I'm not going to argue with you if you believe so.

To be honest, the only thing I like about the togo 334, aside from its 3D presentation, is its beautifully colored vocal presentation. If it were not for that "colored" mids, it worth nothing.

post #5328 of 5543

Well, sure, but that's not the same thing as purchasing cables ourselves is it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

Yes, but the point is that the same job could be done using a much cheaper cable. So if somebody handed you an upgrade cable and told you it was the $400 silver poison toxic venom whatever cable, but really it's just a stock westone cable, you would hear improved sound and be happy as ever. No reason to pay the premium if it's a placebo.

post #5329 of 5543
I suggest let us stop here and not derail the thread and turn this into the sound science forum.
post #5330 of 5543
Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post

I'm not going to argue with you if you believe so.
To be honest, the only thing I like about the togo 334, aside from its 3D presentation, is its beautifully colored vocal presentation. If it were not for that "colored" mids, it worth nothing.

You may want to continue sharing your dislike about the 334 at the 334 main thread. I believed you have already made your point known here and it will serve a greater purpose there as other 334 users can share their experience as well. It means nothing to keep criticizing it on this es5 thread just because you dislike it that much.
post #5331 of 5543
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post


You may want to continue sharing your dislike about the 334 at the 334 main thread. I believed you have already made your point known here and it will serve a greater purpose there as other 334 users can share their experience as well. It means nothing to keep criticizing it on this es5 thread just because you dislike it that much.


you must be kidding, I like them more than any of my other IEMs. What do you think I am talking about. The whole point is, the colored mid-range of 334 made it a winner. And you keep denying it, what is in your mind?

post #5332 of 5543
Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post


you must be kidding, I like them more than any of my other IEMs. What do you think I am talking about. The whole point is, the colored mid-range of 334 made it a winner. And you keep denying it, what is in your mind?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post

One example, go listen to Jessie J's do it like a dude.
Her auto-tuned voice is completely messed up/ altered on 334. Actually this is the first time I start to think about 334 is not only colored in the mids, but heavily

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post

If it were not for that "colored" mids, it worth nothing.

 

Now, I am not even sure what you are trying to convey anymore. Is it that Jessie J's voice is completely messed up, and thus, you like it, for without that colored mids, the TG334 is worth nothing?

 

I certainly don't agree with your claim that the TG334 has a colored mids and neither do I agree that the mids is all that the TG334 has got to offer. But nonetheless, I respect your impression with the TG334 just that I got to say it is on a total contrary to my experience on it. You can go all defensive as you wish but I believe both our differing experience have already been made clear and there is nothing to argue about.

 

Like I said, you may want to shift your claim on it to the TG334 thread instead as it is not only more appropriate to do so but all head-fiers can benefit since there are more TG334 users patronizing that thread.


Edited by uelover - 12/7/12 at 6:28pm
post #5333 of 5543
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post

 

Now, I am not even sure what you are trying to convey anymore. Is it that Jessie J's voice is completely messed up, and thus, you like it, for without that colored mids, the TG334 is worth nothing?

 

I certainly don't agree with your claim that the TG334 has a colored mids and neither do I agree that the mids is all that the TG334 has got to offer. But nonetheless, I respect your impression with the TG334 just that I got to say it is on a total contrary to my experience on it. You can go all defensive as you wish but I believe both our differing impressions have already been made clear.

 

Like I said, you may want to shift your claim on it to the TG334 thread instead as it is not only more appropriate to do so but all head-fiers can benefit since there are more TG334 users patronizing that thread.


I made my point clear enough. The colored mids made this IEM wonderful. How do I know it's colored? through Jessie Jays heavily auto tuned song.

What's the problem here?

post #5334 of 5543
It seems like whether you subjectively feel the things are colored or not, they do music well, and they are great phones. Yeah? Cool. We're all on the same page. cool.gif
post #5335 of 5543

In the language called English, the phrases "messed up," and, "if it were not for ..., it'd be worth nothing..." are all very negative, and clearly means you dislike said object that is being described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post


I made my point clear enough. The colored mids made this IEM wonderful. How do I know it's colored? through Jessie Jays heavily auto tuned song.

What's the problem here?


Edited by Girls Generation - 12/7/12 at 9:44pm
post #5336 of 5543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

In the language called English, the phrases "messed up," and, "if it were not for ..., it'd be worth nothing..." are all very negative, and clearly means you dislike said object that is being described.
all these words are exaggerated to make my point extra clear that the mids is colored in a good way.
post #5337 of 5543

I think what happened is, by trying to make your point way too clear, you clouded it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post


all these words are exaggerated to make my point extra clear that the mids is colored in a good way.

 

 

Anyways, ES5 thread being derailed like crazy! 
 

OT: I sent in my ES5 because my iem cable snapped and was stuck inside the pin hole. During the process I asked if they can put some additive on my left earpiece because it was slightly looser than my right earpiece. They did that and now my fit is literally too perfect. It's too bad you can see the additive on the clear shell. 

post #5338 of 5543
Questions for those who ordered the ES5. How do you order the custom colors and such? I know you need to go to an audiologist of Westone to order, so do I print out what color I choose and bring it to them?

Thanks
post #5339 of 5543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Bao Quan View Post

Questions for those who ordered the ES5. How do you order the custom colors and such? I know you need to go to an audiologist of Westone to order, so do I print out what color I choose and bring it to them?
Thanks

 

You can just take note of the name of the color on ES5's website and convey to them the color that you wanted (just in case they don't have the list of color options available).

post #5340 of 5543

Got my ES5 and its great

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: