the amazon marketplace has some attractive pricing on the IE8. has anybody bought from sellers like this before? not the big names like J&R and the like...but these littler ones. obviously my concern here is that they are fake...just wondering if anybody has experience with this.
Related Forum Threads
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FYI for people who like Monster Supertips - 11.90 @ your local staples Last post on 9/19/12 at 8:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 11/25/12 at 10:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon to...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
of amazon marketplace sellers and IE8s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's best to buy from an authorised Sennheiser dealer.
Sennheiser USA has a running list of non authorized dealers.
If you do not see the dealer, but have suspicions, please check with your local distributor.
Amazon is tricky, because many companies (sennheiser included) list Amazon as an authorized seller, but most of the sennheiser product listed on amazon is actually sold through third party unauthorized dealers like Sarjo, Electronica, etc... Basically, what I did was just call Senn's customer service line & ask them specifically if the dealer is authorized.
I asked Senn's customer service specifically about IE7's & IE8's listed on Amazon & fulfilled by Amazon, even though the seller was Sarjo & Electronica, and they told me flat out that they are unauthorized dealers, and the warranty will not be honored (EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE FULFILLED BY AMAZON). Just be careful.
Around 4-5 of my friends ended up buying fakes and that was from Amazon marketplace ...that was from sellers with good feedback. And sennheisers are specially popular among fakes. It's sad, but I guess paying more and getting a real one is a safer bet.
I have to agree with everyone above. I was able to purchase my IE8s in the UK directly from Amazon.co.uk for a good price. But, these were sold directly from Amazon, not through a reseller or fulfillment model. If you purchase from Amazon directly, then you shouldn't have a risk of getting a fake. With any other seller on Amazon (UK, US, etc.) there is an extremely good chance you will be purchasing fakes.
If not Amazon direct, then best to purchase from an authorized reseller per Senn's list. There are too many fakes otherwise. Pay more, but at least you are purchasing authentic Senns and supporting a legitimate vendor (and getting the Senn warranty).
- of amazon marketplace sellers and IE8s
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 5 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 6 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 9 minutes ago
- › Looking for a $300-500 cable, first time buying a cable 9 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 11 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 13 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...