the amazon marketplace has some attractive pricing on the IE8. has anybody bought from sellers like this before? not the big names like J&R and the like...but these littler ones. obviously my concern here is that they are fake...just wondering if anybody has experience with this.
Related Forum Threads
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FYI for people who like Monster Supertips - 11.90 @ your local staples Last post on 9/19/12 at 8:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 11/25/12 at 10:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
Greetings everyone. I'm perhaps the newest member of the Vali admiration society. I ordered mine directly from Schiit on a Friday and received it on Saturday ( How is that for service?) I'm...
Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and...
I tried the v-moda m100 a few months ago when I purchased it and deciding between them and the hd 650. In the end I kept the 650, these headphones are without a doubt pretty overpriced for the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
of amazon marketplace sellers and IE8s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's best to buy from an authorised Sennheiser dealer.
Sennheiser USA has a running list of non authorized dealers.
If you do not see the dealer, but have suspicions, please check with your local distributor.
Amazon is tricky, because many companies (sennheiser included) list Amazon as an authorized seller, but most of the sennheiser product listed on amazon is actually sold through third party unauthorized dealers like Sarjo, Electronica, etc... Basically, what I did was just call Senn's customer service line & ask them specifically if the dealer is authorized.
I asked Senn's customer service specifically about IE7's & IE8's listed on Amazon & fulfilled by Amazon, even though the seller was Sarjo & Electronica, and they told me flat out that they are unauthorized dealers, and the warranty will not be honored (EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE FULFILLED BY AMAZON). Just be careful.
Around 4-5 of my friends ended up buying fakes and that was from Amazon marketplace ...that was from sellers with good feedback. And sennheisers are specially popular among fakes. It's sad, but I guess paying more and getting a real one is a safer bet.
I have to agree with everyone above. I was able to purchase my IE8s in the UK directly from Amazon.co.uk for a good price. But, these were sold directly from Amazon, not through a reseller or fulfillment model. If you purchase from Amazon directly, then you shouldn't have a risk of getting a fake. With any other seller on Amazon (UK, US, etc.) there is an extremely good chance you will be purchasing fakes.
If not Amazon direct, then best to purchase from an authorized reseller per Senn's list. There are too many fakes otherwise. Pay more, but at least you are purchasing authentic Senns and supporting a legitimate vendor (and getting the Senn warranty).
- of amazon marketplace sellers and IE8s
- › Chord Hugo 21 seconds ago
- › Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet 03.14.2015 - Hosted by Overture... 45 seconds ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 55 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)