the amazon marketplace has some attractive pricing on the IE8. has anybody bought from sellers like this before? not the big names like J&R and the like...but these littler ones. obviously my concern here is that they are fake...just wondering if anybody has experience with this.
Related Forum Threads
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FYI for people who like Monster Supertips - 11.90 @ your local staples Last post on 9/19/12 at 8:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 11/25/12 at 10:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
of amazon marketplace sellers and IE8s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's best to buy from an authorised Sennheiser dealer.
Sennheiser USA has a running list of non authorized dealers.
If you do not see the dealer, but have suspicions, please check with your local distributor.
Amazon is tricky, because many companies (sennheiser included) list Amazon as an authorized seller, but most of the sennheiser product listed on amazon is actually sold through third party unauthorized dealers like Sarjo, Electronica, etc... Basically, what I did was just call Senn's customer service line & ask them specifically if the dealer is authorized.
I asked Senn's customer service specifically about IE7's & IE8's listed on Amazon & fulfilled by Amazon, even though the seller was Sarjo & Electronica, and they told me flat out that they are unauthorized dealers, and the warranty will not be honored (EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE FULFILLED BY AMAZON). Just be careful.
Around 4-5 of my friends ended up buying fakes and that was from Amazon marketplace ...that was from sellers with good feedback. And sennheisers are specially popular among fakes. It's sad, but I guess paying more and getting a real one is a safer bet.
I have to agree with everyone above. I was able to purchase my IE8s in the UK directly from Amazon.co.uk for a good price. But, these were sold directly from Amazon, not through a reseller or fulfillment model. If you purchase from Amazon directly, then you shouldn't have a risk of getting a fake. With any other seller on Amazon (UK, US, etc.) there is an extremely good chance you will be purchasing fakes.
If not Amazon direct, then best to purchase from an authorized reseller per Senn's list. There are too many fakes otherwise. Pay more, but at least you are purchasing authentic Senns and supporting a legitimate vendor (and getting the Senn warranty).
- of amazon marketplace sellers and IE8s
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 25 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 5 minutes ago
- › Grado SR80 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 minutes ago
- › Great headsets for around $100? 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › WIN Sennheiser Urbanite Headphones - Black 7 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)