the amazon marketplace has some attractive pricing on the IE8. has anybody bought from sellers like this before? not the big names like J&R and the like...but these littler ones. obviously my concern here is that they are fake...just wondering if anybody has experience with this.
Related Forum Threads
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FYI for people who like Monster Supertips - 11.90 @ your local staples Last post on 9/19/12 at 8:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 11/25/12 at 10:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
I've been into vinyl previously but in the mid-90's, sold my high end VPI table and never looked back. I ended up recently with a bunch of new records and nothing to play them on, and decided to...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
Campfire Audio Andromeda: Crown jewel of the Campfire fleet Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Andromeda ($1099USD) with my own money after doing my own research and thus...
Bluedio kindly sent me their 8-driver UFO bluetooth headphones in red for review - and boy I’m glad they did. Packaging Like all of their higher priced bluetooth models, the UFO’s come...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
of amazon marketplace sellers and IE8s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's best to buy from an authorised Sennheiser dealer.
Sennheiser USA has a running list of non authorized dealers.
If you do not see the dealer, but have suspicions, please check with your local distributor.
Amazon is tricky, because many companies (sennheiser included) list Amazon as an authorized seller, but most of the sennheiser product listed on amazon is actually sold through third party unauthorized dealers like Sarjo, Electronica, etc... Basically, what I did was just call Senn's customer service line & ask them specifically if the dealer is authorized.
I asked Senn's customer service specifically about IE7's & IE8's listed on Amazon & fulfilled by Amazon, even though the seller was Sarjo & Electronica, and they told me flat out that they are unauthorized dealers, and the warranty will not be honored (EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE FULFILLED BY AMAZON). Just be careful.
Around 4-5 of my friends ended up buying fakes and that was from Amazon marketplace ...that was from sellers with good feedback. And sennheisers are specially popular among fakes. It's sad, but I guess paying more and getting a real one is a safer bet.
I have to agree with everyone above. I was able to purchase my IE8s in the UK directly from Amazon.co.uk for a good price. But, these were sold directly from Amazon, not through a reseller or fulfillment model. If you purchase from Amazon directly, then you shouldn't have a risk of getting a fake. With any other seller on Amazon (UK, US, etc.) there is an extremely good chance you will be purchasing fakes.
If not Amazon direct, then best to purchase from an authorized reseller per Senn's list. There are too many fakes otherwise. Pay more, but at least you are purchasing authentic Senns and supporting a legitimate vendor (and getting the Senn warranty).
- of amazon marketplace sellers and IE8s
- › Mic problems with Soundblaster X7 and Mobo 26 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 8 1 minute ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...