the amazon marketplace has some attractive pricing on the IE8. has anybody bought from sellers like this before? not the big names like J&R and the like...but these littler ones. obviously my concern here is that they are fake...just wondering if anybody has experience with this.
Related Forum Threads
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FYI for people who like Monster Supertips - 11.90 @ your local staples Last post on 9/19/12 at 8:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 11/25/12 at 10:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
I really like this headphone. I've been trying various headphones in this pricerange, and decided on this one. But maybe the Price is a bit too high, when comparing to the first Creative...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
of amazon marketplace sellers and IE8s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's best to buy from an authorised Sennheiser dealer.
Sennheiser USA has a running list of non authorized dealers.
If you do not see the dealer, but have suspicions, please check with your local distributor.
Amazon is tricky, because many companies (sennheiser included) list Amazon as an authorized seller, but most of the sennheiser product listed on amazon is actually sold through third party unauthorized dealers like Sarjo, Electronica, etc... Basically, what I did was just call Senn's customer service line & ask them specifically if the dealer is authorized.
I asked Senn's customer service specifically about IE7's & IE8's listed on Amazon & fulfilled by Amazon, even though the seller was Sarjo & Electronica, and they told me flat out that they are unauthorized dealers, and the warranty will not be honored (EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE FULFILLED BY AMAZON). Just be careful.
Around 4-5 of my friends ended up buying fakes and that was from Amazon marketplace ...that was from sellers with good feedback. And sennheisers are specially popular among fakes. It's sad, but I guess paying more and getting a real one is a safer bet.
I have to agree with everyone above. I was able to purchase my IE8s in the UK directly from Amazon.co.uk for a good price. But, these were sold directly from Amazon, not through a reseller or fulfillment model. If you purchase from Amazon directly, then you shouldn't have a risk of getting a fake. With any other seller on Amazon (UK, US, etc.) there is an extremely good chance you will be purchasing fakes.
If not Amazon direct, then best to purchase from an authorized reseller per Senn's list. There are too many fakes otherwise. Pay more, but at least you are purchasing authentic Senns and supporting a legitimate vendor (and getting the Senn warranty).
- of amazon marketplace sellers and IE8s
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 20 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 39 seconds ago
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 45 seconds ago
- › Numbers,.... Male vs Female HeadFiers? 48 seconds ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 53 seconds ago
- › Comfortable Headphones for Indie/Dubstep 58 seconds ago
- › WHO ARE THE BEST LOOKING PEOPLE ON EARTH? 58 seconds ago
- › Which new Headphones? 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + 192GB internal / external storage 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe