lebeatz, on head-fi you need to prepare for some usual Dre Headphones trolling, they're not really welcome here. You can get much better cans for that price.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White)tagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- Best bass heavy headphones Last post on 9/6/12 at 5:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- So I tried the ATH-M50's Last post on 5/9/11 at 4:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for this setup? Last post on 1/10/11 at 5:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats competitors? Last post on 9/3/10 at 2:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Unboxing and Packaging The ShareMe 5 arrived in a box that looks similar to the ShareMe Pro, but thicker. The packing inside is slightly nicer looking. The plastic container holding the...
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/2016/10/24/ibasso-it03-review/ I was honoured to be approached by iBasso with their first venture into IEM territory and they...
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/2016/10/24/jomo-samba-pro-audio-ciem-review/ Jomo Audio is a Singapore local company that crafts in ear earphones that sound and...
Elephone Whisper Noise Cancelling Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review...
Disclaimer: These headphones were sent to me thanks to the Oppo loaner program. They have since been returned and sent to the next reviewer. Want a headphone that sounds excellent, is easy...
Real or Fake? (Beats By Dre Studio Headphones) - Page 3post #31 of 416/20/10 at 5:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 416/20/10 at 5:48pmpost #33 of 416/20/10 at 6:13pm
You want to stand out with headphones? Why get something every tool can own...
Get something custom from Beyer:post #34 of 416/20/10 at 8:42pmpost #35 of 416/20/10 at 10:47pmpost #36 of 416/24/10 at 4:15am
Man o man. I thought to be cool, instyle, scene, hipster, whatever, the idea was to be original. To have a style of your own.
Some would call me a goth guy, but if you have ever been to a goth club, yeah, pretty much everyone is wearing black, or cybergoth/industrial/fetish fashion, but each person has their own style. You can be part of a subculture and still be unique. If you like Dre, find a pair of good phones, with good, or better bass response, but also, can accent the midrange and HF used in his production technique. You don't want muddy bass, you want something clear, but can still go low, however, only when it is supposed to. Some call this punchy bass. Treble should be slightly rolled off so you can really nod your head to the producer who can rap and control the meistro... but without fatigue.
THEN, pay homage to Dre by finding/making stensil for his logo, or maybe something from one of his album covers, something, and mod the phones, make them yours, unique. You will far more impressive to the people around you than if you just had some rapper's version of apple's white earbuds on your head, IE, what is the point of style if nobody even notices you in the crowd? You can have style AND good sound. If a couple hundred gothic people in a club can all be different in some way, but still be part of the same subculture, I think you can show the world that you respect the Dr's work without spending a lot of money just to look exactly like a very large amount of other people, all the while not getting your money's worth in sound quality, durability, and so forth.
Unless he is paying you, there is no reason to pay for the chance to advertize his "brand", in fact, it is kind of stupid. There are far better ways to pay tribute. Most of the money goes to Monster anyway, and just them being in the apple store should tell you they are going to be overpriced and designed to fail to get you to buy another set. When has apple supported, or designed, anything lately that wasn't meant to shaft the consumer? Frankly, this is exactly why apple can get away with selling products defective by design, because people think they are cool. I wish more people cared less about trying to be a walking consumerist advertisment clone, because all it does is remove you from style. To be in style is to put your own spin on an idea, or trend. It's not bad to like Dr. Dre, but there are way better headphones that can be had and used to chunk the duce for Dre.
I'll bet "The Chronic" on XB700s would change your mind in a very short time. There is no way in hell that the beats are going to match the XB700s in bass response, but also control, while actually treating the rest of the audio spectrum with respect. They aren't fatiguing, they isolate well, are comfortble, and can easily reach ear bleeding volume levels on a small mp3 player. I use mine with my Sansa Fuze all the time, and It would, indeed. be very painful to turn the volume up all the way. I don't see many people with them, and a lot of people have seen them and given them props when I have been out and about.
Edited by yashu - 6/24/10 at 4:24ampost #37 of 418/23/10 at 11:14pm
Aizura: What does it matter if they're fake or not if you're only getting them for the looks?
Completely agree with you on that. It's kinda like buying a fake Rolex. It's not something that I really understand, but it seems like acceptable practice. If you want them just for the brand, why not get a cheaper set, I'm sure there are models that run $100 and some, right?
Edited by majestic12 - 8/23/10 at 11:18pmpost #38 of 418/23/10 at 11:27pmpost #39 of 418/24/10 at 8:00ampost #40 of 4112/8/10 at 1:59am
- Real or Fake? (Beats By Dre Studio Headphones)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › IS THERE 7.1 FROM SONY, sennheiser.Technica FOR HEADPHONE? 48 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 3 minutes ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 4 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Matrix M-Stage HPA-3U and HPA-3B, review to follow! 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 10 minutes ago
- › Cheap USB to SPDIF Converter 10 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA MA750i by High-End-Addict
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by HiFiChris
- › 64 Audio U10 by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...