lebeatz, on head-fi you need to prepare for some usual Dre Headphones trolling, they're not really welcome here. You can get much better cans for that price.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White)tagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- Best bass heavy headphones Last post on 9/6/12 at 5:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- So I tried the ATH-M50's Last post on 5/9/11 at 4:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for this setup? Last post on 1/10/11 at 5:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats competitors? Last post on 9/3/10 at 2:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It is nearing two months since I was introduced to the original Monk earbuds by Venture Electronics. They left quite the impression on me and my views on price-to-performance ratio in audio...
T-PEOS RASIEL Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/807332/t-peos-rasiel-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Finder X1...
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
Real or Fake? (Beats By Dre Studio Headphones) - Page 3post #31 of 416/20/10 at 5:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 416/20/10 at 5:48pmpost #33 of 416/20/10 at 6:13pm
You want to stand out with headphones? Why get something every tool can own...
Get something custom from Beyer:post #34 of 416/20/10 at 8:42pmpost #35 of 416/20/10 at 10:47pmpost #36 of 416/24/10 at 4:15am
Man o man. I thought to be cool, instyle, scene, hipster, whatever, the idea was to be original. To have a style of your own.
Some would call me a goth guy, but if you have ever been to a goth club, yeah, pretty much everyone is wearing black, or cybergoth/industrial/fetish fashion, but each person has their own style. You can be part of a subculture and still be unique. If you like Dre, find a pair of good phones, with good, or better bass response, but also, can accent the midrange and HF used in his production technique. You don't want muddy bass, you want something clear, but can still go low, however, only when it is supposed to. Some call this punchy bass. Treble should be slightly rolled off so you can really nod your head to the producer who can rap and control the meistro... but without fatigue.
THEN, pay homage to Dre by finding/making stensil for his logo, or maybe something from one of his album covers, something, and mod the phones, make them yours, unique. You will far more impressive to the people around you than if you just had some rapper's version of apple's white earbuds on your head, IE, what is the point of style if nobody even notices you in the crowd? You can have style AND good sound. If a couple hundred gothic people in a club can all be different in some way, but still be part of the same subculture, I think you can show the world that you respect the Dr's work without spending a lot of money just to look exactly like a very large amount of other people, all the while not getting your money's worth in sound quality, durability, and so forth.
Unless he is paying you, there is no reason to pay for the chance to advertize his "brand", in fact, it is kind of stupid. There are far better ways to pay tribute. Most of the money goes to Monster anyway, and just them being in the apple store should tell you they are going to be overpriced and designed to fail to get you to buy another set. When has apple supported, or designed, anything lately that wasn't meant to shaft the consumer? Frankly, this is exactly why apple can get away with selling products defective by design, because people think they are cool. I wish more people cared less about trying to be a walking consumerist advertisment clone, because all it does is remove you from style. To be in style is to put your own spin on an idea, or trend. It's not bad to like Dr. Dre, but there are way better headphones that can be had and used to chunk the duce for Dre.
I'll bet "The Chronic" on XB700s would change your mind in a very short time. There is no way in hell that the beats are going to match the XB700s in bass response, but also control, while actually treating the rest of the audio spectrum with respect. They aren't fatiguing, they isolate well, are comfortble, and can easily reach ear bleeding volume levels on a small mp3 player. I use mine with my Sansa Fuze all the time, and It would, indeed. be very painful to turn the volume up all the way. I don't see many people with them, and a lot of people have seen them and given them props when I have been out and about.
Edited by yashu - 6/24/10 at 4:24ampost #37 of 418/23/10 at 11:14pm
Aizura: What does it matter if they're fake or not if you're only getting them for the looks?
Completely agree with you on that. It's kinda like buying a fake Rolex. It's not something that I really understand, but it seems like acceptable practice. If you want them just for the brand, why not get a cheaper set, I'm sure there are models that run $100 and some, right?
Edited by majestic12 - 8/23/10 at 11:18pmpost #38 of 418/23/10 at 11:27pmpost #39 of 418/24/10 at 8:00ampost #40 of 4112/8/10 at 1:59am
- Real or Fake? (Beats By Dre Studio Headphones)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 30 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 36 seconds ago
- › Best sub-30$ CHINESE brands EARPHONES thread- Hidden Gems, Personal... 52 seconds ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 1 minute ago
- › Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 30 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 7 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 8 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by Aornic
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by mark2410
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...