- 62 Posts. Joined 7/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dubstep IEM's Last post on 2/19/13 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for some great bass IEMS + great build quality Last post on 7/27/12 at 4:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade or not Last post on 1/24/12 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tried my Westone 4s today for the first time Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
A tale of 2 IEM's (Montser Turbine Copper 1 vs Monster Turbine Copper 2) How different burnin... - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The first file uses brown noise in a larger ratio that the white and pink noise. The theory is that this stresses the lower midrange and bass harder which then break in that part of the driver more (limbers it up more) before the driver gets to set, this then means the drivers is more capable of producing bass and lower midrange. So this file benefits any music requires that part of the sonic spectrum. I found it made Jazz immensly more enjoyable, hard rock like AC/DC and Led Zeppelin better, it helped with mail voices, and I also liked it more with accoustic and Celtic music.
The 2nd file uses more white and pink noise than brown noise so it stresses treble and upper midrange more and doesn't limber up the bass and lower midrange before the driver get to set. This file in theory will make the IEM less bassy and have less lower midrange so it makes the IEM more balanced. The music I like with the 1st pair of Copper's I had was some forms of rock where upper midrange and treble were important and any music that did not benefit from lower midrange and bass.
wow I really enjoyed reading this thread... quick question though would there be any difference in first putting my dba2 through the burn in even though there ba driver?
Edited by tacomn - 7/24/10 at 4:46am
Honestly I have a BA headphone (SM3) and aside from the initial period where the cross overs burned in (and even there only very minimal changes) did I notice an change. Having said that it won't really hurt anything so you can give it a try and see for yourself.
Well it will be by memory vs A/B testing but I will get to do some more testing of the MTPC. Unfortunately one of the housings is starting to come apart at the seam so I am going to be sending these in for warranty . I think I will try my brighter burnin file when I get these back as I am struggling with bass quantity with the current pair as I have become used to the SM3 signature. Plus I will get to see (from memory) if the brighter burnin file actually makes a difference.
Couple of things. Unit variation may be part of this as different runs of drivers or even different suppliers can vary. That said, I'm a firm believer in break in but generally it will lower the resonant point and show more low bass over time so this is interesting. Bodt seal or venting can also have a noticable effect on the bottom few octaves. Anyone who's ever masterered of done fine EQ on a good wav file can tell you that less than 1 db is audible in a mix even though 1 db is considered the threshold in general.
I'm really trying to get more bass out of my coppers.
Somebody suggested looping a pure tone of 40Hz through the IEMs for a day or so. Then drop it down to 30Hz for another day.
Will that work to give me stronger bass?
Not doubting his results but he is measuring 2 different phones here. I think you misread his op. Generally what happens with breakin is that the more noticable mid bass will become less apparent while the low bass picks ups a bit but it's not a law.
Not likely at this point IMO. But try it, they do like about 70 hours of burn in. Usually the Bass tightens up though. If you aren't using the gel tips, they give you the most bass by far.
It is not law, from my experience and others the Coppers bass tames over burn in regardless of what the common observation is w/ other phones. I'm not talking about generalizations but the Coppers. As for misreading the op, I did no such thing. He measured 2 different phones yes but he also acknowledged hearing the effects of burn in from NIB to next day on the same phone. That is what I was referring to w/ regard to model variance being the culprit.
Edit-It occurs to me I may have misinterpreted your post which is why my response didn't click w/ you. Nevermind.
- A tale of 2 IEM's (Montser Turbine Copper 1 vs Monster Turbine Copper 2) How different burnin techniques gave me two unique IEM's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 39 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › Best Tube Amp For dt990 pro 250 ohm and he 400 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & comparisons (Added K3003, XBA-H3, S-EM6) 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob