- 62 Posts. Joined 7/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dubstep IEM's Last post on 2/19/13 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for some great bass IEMS + great build quality Last post on 7/27/12 at 4:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade or not Last post on 1/24/12 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tried my Westone 4s today for the first time Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
A tale of 2 IEM's (Montser Turbine Copper 1 vs Monster Turbine Copper 2) How different burnin techniques gave me two unique IEM's - Page 6post #76 of 1787/20/10 at 2:44pmDoes that file create a good sound for a speciic style of music? Or just general
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 1787/20/10 at 4:37pmpost #78 of 1787/20/10 at 7:05pmThread Starter
The first file uses brown noise in a larger ratio that the white and pink noise. The theory is that this stresses the lower midrange and bass harder which then break in that part of the driver more (limbers it up more) before the driver gets to set, this then means the drivers is more capable of producing bass and lower midrange. So this file benefits any music requires that part of the sonic spectrum. I found it made Jazz immensly more enjoyable, hard rock like AC/DC and Led Zeppelin better, it helped with mail voices, and I also liked it more with accoustic and Celtic music.
The 2nd file uses more white and pink noise than brown noise so it stresses treble and upper midrange more and doesn't limber up the bass and lower midrange before the driver get to set. This file in theory will make the IEM less bassy and have less lower midrange so it makes the IEM more balanced. The music I like with the 1st pair of Copper's I had was some forms of rock where upper midrange and treble were important and any music that did not benefit from lower midrange and bass.post #79 of 1787/24/10 at 3:48am
wow I really enjoyed reading this thread... quick question though would there be any difference in first putting my dba2 through the burn in even though there ba driver?
Edited by tacomn - 7/24/10 at 4:46ampost #80 of 1787/24/10 at 8:13amThread Starter
Honestly I have a BA headphone (SM3) and aside from the initial period where the cross overs burned in (and even there only very minimal changes) did I notice an change. Having said that it won't really hurt anything so you can give it a try and see for yourself.post #81 of 1787/24/10 at 10:36amThread Starter
Well it will be by memory vs A/B testing but I will get to do some more testing of the MTPC. Unfortunately one of the housings is starting to come apart at the seam so I am going to be sending these in for warranty . I think I will try my brighter burnin file when I get these back as I am struggling with bass quantity with the current pair as I have become used to the SM3 signature. Plus I will get to see (from memory) if the brighter burnin file actually makes a difference.post #82 of 1787/24/10 at 10:56am
Couple of things. Unit variation may be part of this as different runs of drivers or even different suppliers can vary. That said, I'm a firm believer in break in but generally it will lower the resonant point and show more low bass over time so this is interesting. Bodt seal or venting can also have a noticable effect on the bottom few octaves. Anyone who's ever masterered of done fine EQ on a good wav file can tell you that less than 1 db is audible in a mix even though 1 db is considered the threshold in general.post #83 of 1787/24/10 at 11:40ampost #84 of 1787/24/10 at 12:29pm
I'm really trying to get more bass out of my coppers.
Somebody suggested looping a pure tone of 40Hz through the IEMs for a day or so. Then drop it down to 30Hz for another day.
Will that work to give me stronger bass?
Thxpost #85 of 1787/24/10 at 12:43pm
Not doubting his results but he is measuring 2 different phones here. I think you misread his op. Generally what happens with breakin is that the more noticable mid bass will become less apparent while the low bass picks ups a bit but it's not a law.
post #86 of 1787/24/10 at 11:35pmQuote:
Not likely at this point IMO. But try it, they do like about 70 hours of burn in. Usually the Bass tightens up though. If you aren't using the gel tips, they give you the most bass by far.post #87 of 1787/24/10 at 11:46pmQuote:
It is not law, from my experience and others the Coppers bass tames over burn in regardless of what the common observation is w/ other phones. I'm not talking about generalizations but the Coppers. As for misreading the op, I did no such thing. He measured 2 different phones yes but he also acknowledged hearing the effects of burn in from NIB to next day on the same phone. That is what I was referring to w/ regard to model variance being the culprit.
Edit-It occurs to me I may have misinterpreted your post which is why my response didn't click w/ you. Nevermind.post #88 of 1788/2/10 at 4:01pmpost #89 of 1788/2/10 at 6:56pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A tale of 2 IEM's (Montser Turbine Copper 1 vs Monster Turbine Copper 2) How different burnin techniques gave me two unique IEM's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 57 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › New 3DS XL Galaxy Version In Mint Condition.. with Official Charger... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 4 minutes ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear