Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Eastern Electric Minimax Tube Dac (32-bit dac)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Eastern Electric Minimax Tube Dac (32-bit dac) - Page 8

post #106 of 1140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn&cough View Post

Drool...

 

I am very happy with my current setup and have no intention of upgrading

I am very happy with my current setup and have no intention of upgrading

I am very happy with my current setup and have no intention of upgrading

I am very...


I am happy with mine too but the upgrade demon is lying on my shoulder talking to me..
post #107 of 1140


Can I ask...have either of you guys tried Linux??

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScary View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn&cough View Post

Drool...

 

I am very happy with my current setup and have no intention of upgrading

I am very happy with my current setup and have no intention of upgrading

I am very happy with my current setup and have no intention of upgrading

I am very...




I am happy with mine too but the upgrade demon is lying on my shoulder talking to me..


 

post #108 of 1140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynobot View Post


Can I ask...have either of you guys tried Linux??

 

 



 


Yeah I work with Linux all the time Im a computer engineer
post #109 of 1140


That means you have used or still do use Linux for a music server then....yes???

 

Do you use Linux now???

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScary View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynobot View Post


Can I ask...have either of you guys tried Linux??

 

 



 




Yeah I work with Linux all the time Im a computer engineer


 

post #110 of 1140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynobot View Post


That means you have used or still do use Linux for a music server then....yes???

 

Do you use Linux now???

 

 



 


I would not use LInux as a music server unless you know linux well you would not be able to do it #1 if you are noob to Linux. Just buy a NAS and be done with it going to the extreme of using Linux for audio is for Linux guys that have experience with the OS. I have a linux server here at home and
use a NAS for my music collection that can be accessed across the network..
Edited by MrScary - 5/15/11 at 4:57pm
post #111 of 1140

Anyone know the price of the newer updated version?

post #112 of 1140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetik View Post

Anyone know the price of the newer updated version?


NO Alex didn't give me that information Im sure it will be higher than the current one
post #113 of 1140
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScary View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynobot View Post


That means you have used or still do use Linux for a music server then....yes???

 

Do you use Linux now???

 

 



 




I would not use LInux as a music server unless you know linux well you would not be able to do it #1 if you are noob to Linux. Just buy a NAS and be done with it going to the extreme of using Linux for audio is for Linux guys that have experience with the OS. I have a linux server here at home and
use a NAS for my music collection that can be accessed across the network..


 

Interesting opinion....

 

Back to the topic....you guys Dac is on my short list.  Glad to see so many people enjoying it.

 

 

 

post #114 of 1140
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScary View Post

Here are the upgrades for the new EE DAC


Thanks for your interest of our new model MiniMax DAC MKII. You are really fast getting the news.

It is a whole upgrade, it features...

Sabre ES9018
Italian M2Tech A Sync technology
Separate power transformers for digital and analog
High frequency relays/resistor input selection
improved PSU
improved tube output stage
improved 24/96 and 24/192KHz playing
volume pot removed
socketed opamps
tube/ss output selection

We look forward to the official launch ofthe MKII machine.

 



Looks like a sure winner, the big difference seems to be the resolution of the usb issues (really non issue for most users) that have been brought up. Probably not worth the upgrade for me but can see how it can be appealing.

post #115 of 1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScary View Post

Here are the upgrades for the new EE DAC


Thanks for your interest of our new model MiniMax DAC MKII. You are really fast getting the news.

It is a whole upgrade, it features...

Sabre ES9018
Italian M2Tech A Sync technology
Separate power transformers for digital and analog
High frequency relays/resistor input selection
improved PSU
improved tube output stage
improved 24/96 and 24/192KHz playing
volume pot removed
socketed opamps
tube/ss output selection

We look forward to the official launch ofthe MKII machine.

 

 

That's quite a list of improvements in addition to the USB upgrade MrScary. I guess that Bill at Morning Star Audio didn't know about those either. rolleyes.gif
 

 


Edited by bumblingbooby - 5/15/11 at 6:08pm
post #116 of 1140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denys View Post

This looks great..... please tell me there will be two output.....

 

I need one for the amp....and one for the headphone amp...

 

Denys



So ???

 

post #117 of 1140
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblingbooby View Post

 

That's quite a list of improvements in addition to the USB upgrade MrScary. I guess that Bill at Morning Star Audio didn't know about those either. rolleyes.gif
 

 


NO he didnt I emailed and Alex responded and told me all of the updates..
post #118 of 1140
I know I already asked them when it was going to be out but no reply so who knows.. I know Im going to pick it up Im sure someone will want my modded EE DAC. wink.gif
post #119 of 1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScary View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblingbooby View Post

 

That's quite a list of improvements in addition to the USB upgrade MrScary. I guess that Bill at Morning Star Audio didn't know about those either. rolleyes.gif
 

 




NO he didnt I emailed and Alex responded and told me all of the updates..
 

Assumption and speculation is a poor substitute for the facts. I'm pleased that you took my advice and contacted Eastern Electric Audio direct. The list of improvements (in addition to the USB upgrade) obviously meet with your approval. wink.gif

 

On to other matters; someone mentioned earlier that they would prefer to see op amps not being used in the output stage and I'm wondering why.  


 


Edited by bumblingbooby - 5/15/11 at 7:51pm
post #120 of 1140
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblingbooby View Post

Assumption and speculation is a poor substitute for the facts. I'm pleased that you took my advice and contacted Eastern Electric Audio direct. The list of improvements (in addition to the USB upgrade) obviously meet with your approval. wink.gif

 

On to other matters; someone mentioned earlier that they would prefer to see op amps not being used in the output stage and I'm wondering why.  


 



I just got an emai from Alex the new EE DAC will be out in September..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Eastern Electric Minimax Tube Dac (32-bit dac)