Returning to New York sounds great, but I really think that Chicago had the timing right with early June. Just another $.02 for your consideration Aaron and JP.
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- need help choosing future high end gear Last post on 2/26/14 at 8:28am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Whats your endgame setup? Last post on 2/23/14 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Moving from speakers to headphones only (HD800) - to DAC or not to DAC. Last post on 1/6/14 at 4:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Can't understand this 6moons review Last post on 2/13/14 at 3:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- If you could only keep ONE of your current headphones, which would it be? Last post on 2/1/14 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
MEET IMPRESSIONS AND PICTURES - 2010 CanJam Chicago - Page 37post #541 of 5497/9/10 at 2:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #542 of 5497/9/10 at 3:49pmpost #543 of 5497/9/10 at 7:08pmpost #544 of 5497/9/10 at 8:37pmTiming isn't a problem here. I'll make the time no matter when it is.
As for location, NYC or thereabouts would be great. I've never been to New York and would love to see it. This year, I put CanJam in front of a 10 day vacation where I roamed around the Great Lakes afterward. I'd love to do the same next year and poke around New England for awhile.
I'll do what I can to bring some gear next year, too. I was disappointed not to see a K-1000 in Chicago and should have packed mine, at the very least. Might try to ship in an amp, too.post #545 of 5497/10/10 at 3:24pm
Yeah, the whole shipping thing worked out great for me. I had two packages sent to the Hyatt (one from myself and another from Bottlehead in Wa). I just had ta think a little ahead so it would be waiting for me when I got there.
I think the hotel charged me $5 each for handling and since there was a FedEx/Kinko's in house, I just shipped it out Sunday evening. I think there would've been an additional charge by the Hyatt if my package was over 50lbs. Also, if I'd had an account with either UPS or FedEx, the Concierge would've taken care of the whole thing.
While I was in the FedEx room, Dan Lavery was shipping his stuff back home and we had a nice little talk.
Altogether a very painless way to go I thought.
Heck, the airlines charge for check in now anyway, and their gorillas will make UPS or FedEx look like little girls.post #546 of 5497/11/10 at 5:28ampost #547 of 5497/13/10 at 6:34pmpost #548 of 5497/25/10 at 7:02pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours
This thread is locked
- MEET IMPRESSIONS AND PICTURES - 2010 CanJam Chicago
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › The Basshead Club 11 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › High Bit-Rate Streaming Service? 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › One of the Most Iconic Artists of All Time in Pristine... 5 minutes ago
- › Is burn in real or placebo? 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 8 minutes ago
- › FS: Audio Technica AD2000 (non x version) 9 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude