Hello, I currently own a Sansa Fuze with a pair of Soundmagic PL50 IEMs. Is there an amp out there that can be built or bought for under 50 dollars that would improve the SQ of this pair? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Impression] SoundMAGIC A10 - Oriental Beauty Last post on 7/12/13 at 3:31am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I want a Cmoy amp, and i need some help getting it! Last post on 7/25/12 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Entry- level Amp for Shure srh440 and Grado sr80 Last post on 7/9/12 at 3:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Owned this amp for just over a year and it is wonderful for the price. FiiO is one of the few companies that openly lists all of their specs to the public. I reason I bought this was primarily to...
The Bravo V2 is an attractive and inexpensive "pseudo-tube/hybrid" amp that is easily accessible to beginner DIYers if modifications are desired (which they definitely are as I will expand on...
Introduction This is a review of the Sennheirser HD 202 headphone. At the time of the review, the cans were at eleven months of near-continuous use. Bear with me, as this is only my second...
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
- Headphone Impedance
Best Headphone Amp for Soundmagic PL50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Try to find a used Meier Headsix (or maybe Headfive). If you are lucky it can be found for just a little more than 50 USD. They would be great with PL50 and would definitely improve the sound.
CMoy would be a great idea - if you are into DIY. But which IEM's would be better than the PL50 for $50 or less? (I heard them at a meet once and they were pretty good considering the price.)
I've used the original SR71, a Headphonia, the Tomahawk, and an eBay C-Moy with the Soundmagics and they've all sounded good...but then again, the Soundmagic PL50's simply sound good without any amplification! I agree with rasmushorn...for the price they are a great value!
I'll look into these suggestions. I agree - the PL50's are a great value for the money. I wish more people knew about them. I'll post back on Head-Fi if I end up getting an amp - these things do sound awesome unamped from my Sansa Fuze. Thanks!
- Best Headphone Amp for Soundmagic PL50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 22 seconds ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 26 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 46 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Arcam rPAC Personal Audio Converter DAC with Kimber USB B-bus cord 1m 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones by serman005
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3