Hello, I currently own a Sansa Fuze with a pair of Soundmagic PL50 IEMs. Is there an amp out there that can be built or bought for under 50 dollars that would improve the SQ of this pair? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Impression] SoundMAGIC A10 - Oriental Beauty Last post on 7/12/13 at 3:31am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I want a Cmoy amp, and i need some help getting it! Last post on 7/25/12 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Entry- level Amp for Shure srh440 and Grado sr80 Last post on 7/9/12 at 3:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
T-PEOS is at it again… this time with the intention of pleasing the consumer market by offering an excellent sounding earphone without breaking the bank. The Altone 200 is the latest 3-way...
This amp has really sound quality , neutral side and wide soundstage . It could have a little more bass with bass boost switch but no complains here since i do prefer a neutral sound to get the...
This is an amazing ultra portable amp. I paid 99$ for it and couldn't be happier. Sound This amp has one of the best soundstage i've heard for this price , if not the best. The soundstage can...
- Headphone Impedance
Best Headphone Amp for Soundmagic PL50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Try to find a used Meier Headsix (or maybe Headfive). If you are lucky it can be found for just a little more than 50 USD. They would be great with PL50 and would definitely improve the sound.
CMoy would be a great idea - if you are into DIY. But which IEM's would be better than the PL50 for $50 or less? (I heard them at a meet once and they were pretty good considering the price.)
I've used the original SR71, a Headphonia, the Tomahawk, and an eBay C-Moy with the Soundmagics and they've all sounded good...but then again, the Soundmagic PL50's simply sound good without any amplification! I agree with rasmushorn...for the price they are a great value!
I'll look into these suggestions. I agree - the PL50's are a great value for the money. I wish more people knew about them. I'll post back on Head-Fi if I end up getting an amp - these things do sound awesome unamped from my Sansa Fuze. Thanks!
- Best Headphone Amp for Soundmagic PL50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What are some good looking headphones 3 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 23 seconds ago
- › New Beyerdynamic amp A2 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 1 minute ago
- › KEF M500 or V-Moda XS for portable closed cans? 1 minute ago
- › The Official Eddie Current 4-45 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.06beta-2.07beta download and discussion: ... 2 minutes ago
- › Now available and a loaner program... 4 minutes ago
- › DAC/AMP for my PC 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox is coming very soon to iBasso DX90 6 minutes ago
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › T-Peos Altone200 by d marc0
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Fischer Audio Silver Bullets by AlfredKeppler
- › Questyle Co.,ltd CMA800 amplifier by project86
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)