Hello, I currently own a Sansa Fuze with a pair of Soundmagic PL50 IEMs. Is there an amp out there that can be built or bought for under 50 dollars that would improve the SQ of this pair? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Impression] SoundMAGIC A10 - Oriental Beauty Last post on 4/20/15 at 3:57am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I want a Cmoy amp, and i need some help getting it! Last post on 7/25/12 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Entry- level Amp for Shure srh440 and Grado sr80 Last post on 7/9/12 at 3:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
- Headphone Impedance
Best Headphone Amp for Soundmagic PL50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Try to find a used Meier Headsix (or maybe Headfive). If you are lucky it can be found for just a little more than 50 USD. They would be great with PL50 and would definitely improve the sound.
CMoy would be a great idea - if you are into DIY. But which IEM's would be better than the PL50 for $50 or less? (I heard them at a meet once and they were pretty good considering the price.)
I've used the original SR71, a Headphonia, the Tomahawk, and an eBay C-Moy with the Soundmagics and they've all sounded good...but then again, the Soundmagic PL50's simply sound good without any amplification! I agree with rasmushorn...for the price they are a great value!
I'll look into these suggestions. I agree - the PL50's are a great value for the money. I wish more people knew about them. I'll post back on Head-Fi if I end up getting an amp - these things do sound awesome unamped from my Sansa Fuze. Thanks!
- Best Headphone Amp for Soundmagic PL50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 seconds ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 10 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 Certificate for Frequency Response Arrived 40 seconds ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 1 minute ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 1 minute ago
- › Looking for an IEM with a soundstage close to the HD800 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › K701 thread 2 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3