Hello, I currently own a Sansa Fuze with a pair of Soundmagic PL50 IEMs. Is there an amp out there that can be built or bought for under 50 dollars that would improve the SQ of this pair? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Impression] SoundMAGIC A10 - Oriental Beauty Last post on 7/12/13 at 3:31am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I want a Cmoy amp, and i need some help getting it! Last post on 7/25/12 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Entry- level Amp for Shure srh440 and Grado sr80 Last post on 7/9/12 at 3:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
- Headphone Impedance
Best Headphone Amp for Soundmagic PL50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Try to find a used Meier Headsix (or maybe Headfive). If you are lucky it can be found for just a little more than 50 USD. They would be great with PL50 and would definitely improve the sound.
CMoy would be a great idea - if you are into DIY. But which IEM's would be better than the PL50 for $50 or less? (I heard them at a meet once and they were pretty good considering the price.)
I've used the original SR71, a Headphonia, the Tomahawk, and an eBay C-Moy with the Soundmagics and they've all sounded good...but then again, the Soundmagic PL50's simply sound good without any amplification! I agree with rasmushorn...for the price they are a great value!
I'll look into these suggestions. I agree - the PL50's are a great value for the money. I wish more people knew about them. I'll post back on Head-Fi if I end up getting an amp - these things do sound awesome unamped from my Sansa Fuze. Thanks!
- Best Headphone Amp for Soundmagic PL50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 2 seconds ago
- › PM-1 vs HE-6 ..... 36 seconds ago
- › Grace m903 vs Sennheiser HDVD 800 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a new headset/or headphones and a mic 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 2 minutes ago
- › Inventory clearance low price for mint condition (AUS or Worldwide) 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 6 minutes ago
- › Are Berdynamic headphones all just die fast ? DT990 600ohms 6 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 10 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)