Hello, I currently own a Sansa Fuze with a pair of Soundmagic PL50 IEMs. Is there an amp out there that can be built or bought for under 50 dollars that would improve the SQ of this pair? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Impression] SoundMAGIC A10 - Oriental Beauty Last post on 7/12/13 at 3:31am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I want a Cmoy amp, and i need some help getting it! Last post on 7/25/12 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Entry- level Amp for Shure srh440 and Grado sr80 Last post on 7/9/12 at 3:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
- Headphone Impedance
Best Headphone Amp for Soundmagic PL50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Try to find a used Meier Headsix (or maybe Headfive). If you are lucky it can be found for just a little more than 50 USD. They would be great with PL50 and would definitely improve the sound.
CMoy would be a great idea - if you are into DIY. But which IEM's would be better than the PL50 for $50 or less? (I heard them at a meet once and they were pretty good considering the price.)
I've used the original SR71, a Headphonia, the Tomahawk, and an eBay C-Moy with the Soundmagics and they've all sounded good...but then again, the Soundmagic PL50's simply sound good without any amplification! I agree with rasmushorn...for the price they are a great value!
I'll look into these suggestions. I agree - the PL50's are a great value for the money. I wish more people knew about them. I'll post back on Head-Fi if I end up getting an amp - these things do sound awesome unamped from my Sansa Fuze. Thanks!
- Best Headphone Amp for Soundmagic PL50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best amp/dac for HD 650s? 45 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › foobar permanently altering flac/m4a files to replaygain 2 minutes ago
- › A New Face In Search of Better Sound 2 minutes ago
- › Best amp for Beyerdynamic T1 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › B.M.C. Announces PureDAC 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)