Have you considered the Capella? In the Beresford thread some people own the LCD-2 and say it sounds fabulous with the Capella. I myself cannot afford the LCD-2 but the bass on the Capella is terrific. You can even adjust it for best performance. I think all headphone amp should have such a control so that all headphones can perform to their best.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudezetagged by System, 6/22/10
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/10
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 4/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/27/10
- productLeben CS-300Xtagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 1/21/15 at 5:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one... Last post on 11/20/14 at 9:10am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 2/20/15 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
IE80 - High End Earphones I think there's a point to where you draw the line for a Price Point, this goes over that boundary and breaks the rules of it's price, which is unfortunate. I feel...
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 527
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7892 of 79024/7/15 at 4:52pmQuote:
I'm the wrong guy to ask this question. I have a pretty good DAC but it is not balanced. I would love to have a balanced DAC but I love my Pagoda so much I just can't stand the thought of pushing it to the side.
That said; using a balanced headphone cable is what is needed for sure. I use a 4-pin jobbie instead of the dual 3-pin cables.post #7893 of 79024/7/15 at 5:52pmKrell ksa5 clone is very good match to LCD-2.2.
SMSL dac M8 is very good economical solution for the phones.
Chinese presence is strong in this auiophile world.
Let these cheap amp and dac pair run your phones.
The prices are many times less than you expect.post #7894 of 79024/7/15 at 6:28pmAn old schitter here. , but you have to try the Oppo Ha1. A swiss army knife of headphone amps. Built like a tank, and WOW, does it ever sound good with my LCD 2.2 pre fazor.
It really is that good!
Edited by aqsw - 4/7/15 at 6:29pmpost #7895 of 79024/7/15 at 7:27pmpost #7896 of 79024/13/15 at 12:19pm
Anyone here attend Canjam Socal and listen to the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. It goes on sale for a limited production run tomorrow at $599. It's rated at 1500 Mw output. Will that drive the lcd-2f adequately?post #7897 of 79024/13/15 at 2:37pmQuote:
I drive LCD-2F from Schiit Asgard 2, which is rated at 1000mW output. It has tons of power to spare even on low gain.post #7898 of 79024/13/15 at 3:34pmQuote:Audiolab.Originally Posted by porridgecup
I have definitely read the reviews of the BHA-1, and it's certainly tempting. I know it's a great amp. But I also read many complaints about sizzling treble when in use with bright headphones.
Of course, I do have the option of EQing some of the treble down, but it would feel kind of wrong to spend well over $2000 on, say, the HD 800, BHA-1, and some DAC, and then artificially neuter it. I do obviously want to optimize my listening experience with the LCD-2, but amps are pricey enough that I don't want to buy this now and then have to go and throw down another $1000-2000 on another amp while also spending $1000-2000 on another pair of headphones.
I am willing to give it a shot; it might be a long time before I buy a different pair of headphones. It's also quite possible the HD 800 is simply not for me (though I have not auditioned it yet, so can't be sure) and should be avoided.
What balanced DAC would you recommend with the BHA-1, preferably under $1500 (and honestly, preferably a lot cheaper than that even, but I'll spend that much if necessary)?post #7899 of 79024/13/15 at 8:50pmQuote:
Triple post, steady there ! Someone will answer if you wait...post #7900 of 79024/13/15 at 8:52pm
The 2F needs 0.5W+. Older versions need 1W+. That's all according to Audeze, which seems to be a lot of power when you do calculations, but IME, it helps with quiet sources and tracks. So I still think it's a good guideline.post #7901 of 79024/15/15 at 11:52am
I just switched to the Lyr 2 and immediately thought THIS is what I've been missing! LCD-2f is just effortlessly putting out ridiculous bass.post #7902 of 79024/16/15 at 4:14am
+1 for the Capella.
Have tried the following w/ the LCD2f's:
Emotiva Mini-x A-100
The Capella has been the best performer so far from memory. Very transparent, best bass response of the lot. Love the tweakability, especially in tuning the bass response.
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 17 seconds ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New here, trying to start a thread in the Dedicated Components Forum 4 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area mini meet May 2nd 2015 (CanJam after party!!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2