Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 517

post #7741 of 7755
Anybody tried LCD-2fazor with iFi micro iDSD? What's the sound like? And if you've tried it as well with iFi nano iDSD, what's the difference in sound?

Cheers.
post #7742 of 7755
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondears View Post

Anybody tried LCD-2fazor with iFi micro iDSD? What's the sound like? And if you've tried it as well with iFi nano iDSD, what's the difference in sound?

Cheers.

I tried it pretty briefly (micro) at a meet last weekend. From my little bit of time with the combo, I liked it. It will likely be the next amp I get (and keep) until I stop having to move my set up so frequently and can get something in a larger form factor. Pretty impressive device for the price in my opinion. 

 

EDIT: Can't really give too many specifics on what it sounds like since

A) it was at a meet

B) I don't remember exactly what it sounded like, just that I liked how it sounded and performed with my LCD 2

C) Even if I did remember exactly what it sounded like, I'm pretty inexperienced with how to describe that sound


Edited by roflcopter159 - 11/16/14 at 8:52pm
post #7743 of 7755
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflcopter159 View Post

I tried it pretty briefly (micro) at a meet last weekend. From my little bit of time with the combo, I liked it. It will likely be the next amp I get (and keep) until I stop having to move my set up so frequently and can get something in a larger form factor. Pretty impressive device for the price in my opinion. 

EDIT: Can't really give too many specifics on what it sounds like since
A) it was at a meet
B) I don't remember exactly what it sounded like, just that I liked how it sounded and performed with my LCD 2
C) Even if I did remember exactly what it sounded like, I'm pretty inexperienced with how to describe that sound
How do you compare it to the sound of your equipment at that time and what's uour equipment? We're you also able to try the nano iDSD, how does it compare to the micro iDSD?
post #7744 of 7755
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondears View Post


How do you compare it to the sound of your equipment at that time and what's uour equipment? We're you also able to try the nano iDSD, how does it compare to the micro iDSD?

The nano was at the meet, but I did not get a chance to try that out. Someone else will have to chime in to help you out there. 

 

As for comparing it to my own equipment, it is a huge improvement to what I have. I have an Aune T1 and I don't think that my equipment currently allows the LCD 2 to reach their full potential. 

 

I noticed you have the O2. I tried the O2 at the meet as well (same owner as the Micro) and I thought that the Micro was a bit more fun to listen to but I'm not sure I could describe how at this point. I think that the number of features that the Micro provides over the O2 alone is worth the purchase to me, and I thought that it sounded (subjectively) better than the O2. Like I said, the Micro is likely to be my next purchase (as well as a stopping point until I'm out of school). I have no doubts that the Micro would be able to adequately power any pair of headphones you could throw at it and have them all sound pretty solid. 

 

EDIT: In case you are interested/looking for other options for home setups, my absolute favorite amp that I was able to try at the meet was a modded Bottlehead S.E.X.


Edited by roflcopter159 - 11/16/14 at 10:54pm
post #7745 of 7755
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflcopter159 View Post

The nano was at the meet, but I did not get a chance to try that out. Someone else will have to chime in to help you out there. 

As for comparing it to my own equipment, it is a huge improvement to what I have. I have an Aune T1 and I don't think that my equipment currently allows the LCD 2 to reach their full potential. 

I noticed you have the O2. I tried the O2 at the meet as well (same owner as the Micro) and I thought that the Micro was a bit more fun to listen to but I'm not sure I could describe how at this point. I think that the number of features that the Micro provides over the O2 alone is worth the purchase to me, and I thought that it sounded (subjectively) better than the O2. Like I said, the Micro is likely to be my next purchase (as well as a stopping point until I'm out of school). I have no doubts that the Micro would be able to adequately power any pair of headphones you could throw at it and have them all sound pretty solid. 

EDIT: In case you are interested/looking for other options for home setups, my absolute favorite amp that I was able to try at the meet was a modded Bottlehead S.E.X.
Thanks for the replies roflcopter59. Appreciate it.
post #7746 of 7755
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondears View Post


Thanks for the replies roflcopter59. Appreciate it.

No problem, hopefully I was able to help some. If you end up with a Micro, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

post #7747 of 7755

I wonder if anyone is using the likes of Bakoon with LCD-2 ...is it an amazing pairing ?

post #7748 of 7755

I'm currently using the La Figaro 339.

 

Moving from HE-500, which Audeze is an upgrade ( not ) sidegrade for me? 

post #7749 of 7755
All I can say about iFi micro iDSD>>Audeze LCD-2F is wow. It's battery powered, so it's very convenient using it at home as you can move around and not fixed to a certain part of your house. And very iPhone/iTouch friendly.

That iFi/AMR house sound is just incredible. The detail, the deep bass, the silky midrange and treble... For those who likes these characteristics, I suggest the iFi micro iDSD. It's not actually cheap for a portable, but it's worth it. This could be an end game DAC-amp for headphones whether for home or portable/transportable use. Highly recommended for Audeze LCD-2 owners.

P.S.: For those who find the LCD-2F a tiny bit short on deepest bass (40hz below), you'll like the iFi micro iDSD's XBass boost. Doesn't bleed at all to upper bass. And for those who thinks the LCD-2 Rev. 2's imaging, mids and treble lacks that tiny bit of precision, you'll like the iFi micro iDSD's 3D option. Enjoy.
post #7750 of 7755
Quote:
Originally Posted by snip3r77 View Post

I'm currently using the La Figaro 339.

Moving from HE-500, which Audeze is an upgrade ( not ) sidegrade for me? 
"Just" the LCD-2 is an upgrade, whether Rev. 2 or Fazor edition.
post #7751 of 7755

I've got an LCD 2.2 run off a Yulong DA8 and I've got an A28 and a balanced cable in the mail.  Does anyone have any experience running the LCD2.2 off this combo?

post #7752 of 7755
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondears View Post

"Just" the LCD-2 is an upgrade, whether Rev. 2 or Fazor edition.

+1
post #7753 of 7755

Anyone seen this new Capella amp from Beresford UK ?

http://www.homehifi.co.uk/S2/tc-7110%20f.htm

I'm trying to find out  if it is powerful enough for the older LCD 2.1's...should be fine for Fazor.

 

Features...

 

Gain Control

Damping Control

HF Control

Soundstage depth dialability.

Soundstage width dialability.

L/R channel Balance

 

 

Edit : I think it can do 6 watts on 12 volts power/ 7.5 watts on 15 volts.

Loads of headroom.

Though I had issues with the Bushmaster Mk2 DAC @ 24/96 on OSX/A+. ...his stuff is known to over-deliver significantly on the price.


Edited by Lohb - 12/4/14 at 5:50pm
post #7754 of 7755

I have had a really good experience using a Burson Soloist with my LCD 2.  I upgraded to the Cavalli LAu and it did amazing stuff with the LCD 2.  I decided to move up to the LCD 3 so I sold my LCD 2 recently.  I still have the Burson and it works great with the LCD 3 (w/fazor).  I am thing I am going to sell the Burson and try a tube amp with the Audezes.

post #7755 of 7755

I'm thinking about picking up a WooAudio WA2, La Figaro 339, or Inspire IHA-1. Have some time to decide as I have to return my current amp for a refund after a little more testing. I loved the Ember amp with LCD-2f so i think I need to go back to tubes.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2