- 736 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: The Great State of Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudezetagged by System, 6/22/10
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/10
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 4/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/27/10
- productLeben CS-300Xtagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 9/27/14 at 2:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one... Last post on 8/2/14 at 6:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 9/27/14 at 4:02am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 5/19/11 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 515post #7711 of 77219/26/14 at 1:13pmAnd less power requirements, which is why I want to try the Bottlehead S.E.X.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7712 of 77219/26/14 at 6:09pm
I have been enjoying both ALO Continental and RSA Intruder on my LCD 2.2 with the later being a little better.
Intruder has got very good power even on low gain but I'd like to use high gain since I feel LCD responses a lot better with more power and it gives tighter bass respond, wider and more pronounce sound stage. It also has this smooth, airy and open sound like a sea breeze with deep punchy bass. Overall, I am very happy with the pairing so far but..that's not it. It is just the tip of the iceberg because it's all done on a single ended output.
On balance, Intruder becomes a different beast and does everything with bigger sound and more authority. At least that's what people swear on the the thread as I'm still waiting for my balance cable from Headphone Lounge....Hi Ted!
Long story short, I struck a very good deal on ALO MK3-B and this thing....OMG!!!
It is EVERYTHING I ever want on this hobby. Pairing it with LCD is simply S T U N N I N G.post #7713 of 77219/26/14 at 7:45pm
I heard the RSA stuff tends to be on the dark side, would that be correct ? I love that style, but all the planar micro-detail goodness style streams through !post #7714 of 77219/26/14 at 8:09pmQuote:
Just the Opposite.
My RSA Dark Star is quite bright. That's why it mates with the LCD so well.post #7715 of 77219/26/14 at 8:46pmQuote:
Ah yeah the big boy monster amp....but I thought generally the portables had this dark top-grade SQ to them ?post #7716 of 77219/27/14 at 10:15amQuote:
thinking I was referring to this one.post #7717 of 77219/27/14 at 3:40pmI'd forgotten about that poll! Needed more votes, lots of uncontrolled variables but it certainly found the 'big 3' (Lyr, Mjolnir, V200) of recent years.
One caveat with the Lyr and presumably Lyr2 is that better tubes make a profound difference compared to stock. I bet most of those votes were with other tubes! Lyr is very responsive to tube-rolling (Lyr tube rolling thread).post #7718 of 77219/28/14 at 8:34ampost #7719 of 77219/28/14 at 9:28ampost #7720 of 77219/28/14 at 11:12ampost #7721 of 77219/28/14 at 12:40pm
Yeah dont think it is, but I'd read reports of it being quite pleasing with LCD2s despite lacking some control. Thought it might be something good and cheap to use while looking for other amps. Just preferred the o2 and ld i+ to it, so sent it back. Worth a try.
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 22 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentums (Over-ear) 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Classical only ... Akg 712 / Shure 1840 / HD 600&650 ? 3 minutes ago
- › Destiny 3 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Woodied Sennheiser aka SennGrado Tour Thread 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)