or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 477

post #7141 of 8081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post


I thought about it enough to warrant sending Decware an email. The lead time is 8-12 weeks and I'm too impatient to wait that long.

Is there such thing as a single-ended 10 watt headphone amp? That's what I'm searching for.


don't know exact wattages , but how about the bryston bha-1, or the big hifiman(5 watts-50ohm) ? both have single ended as well as balanced headphone outputs

the bryston:

  • Hi-Z Load: 20 Volts into 600 ohms (667mW) at 001% THD + N at 20-20K
  • Low-Z Load: 4 volts into 32 ohms (500 mW) at 001% THD + N at 20-20K

Edited by jaywillin - 1/24/14 at 6:21am
post #7142 of 8081
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


don't know exact wattages , but how about the bryston bha-1, or the big hifiman ? both have single ended as well as balanced headphone outputs

the EF-6 is single ended front to back.....the 4 pin XLR is a courtesy output and runs as single ended.....5 watts per channel

post #7143 of 8081
Quote:
Originally Posted by philo50 View Post

the EF-6 is single ended front to back.....the 4 pin XLR is a courtesy output and runs as single ended.....5 watts per channel
Yep, looked after I posted
post #7144 of 8081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post


I thought about it enough to warrant sending Decware an email. The lead time is 8-12 weeks and I'm too impatient to wait that long.

Is there such thing as a single-ended 10watt headphone amp? That's what I'm searching for.

Audio gd SA-31SE is 10W @ 40 ohm

Audio gd Precision 1 is 16W @ 40 ohm

post #7145 of 8081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

Is there such thing as a single-ended 10 watt headphone amp? That's what I'm searching for.

 

Do you mean single-ended as in output type of single-ended as in circuit design?

 

If the former, the AudioGD SA31SE, as  i019791 pointed out (I own it and it is technically a very,  very good amp - pretty much at the point where I dont feel the urge to spend any more on solid-state amplification, despite having a fairly flexible budget).

 

If the latter, 300B SETs typically provide about 8W output.    I think that would be overkill - I used to get complaints from my neighbors listening to Stravinsky on a 3Wpc 2A3 amp, so i cannot imagine you'll need that much wattage for headphones.   Also, tube amps clip a lot more gently/pleasantly than solid state amps, so the peak power requirements can be a lot lower (at 110dB, you arent listening to fine details anyway).

post #7146 of 8081
The ALO Studio 6 has some serious design flaws from the schematics and stuff I've read and another problem is it that it is a $600-700 amp in parts in a fancy case priced at $6000?
post #7147 of 8081
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

The ALO Studio 6 has some serious design flaws from the schematics and stuff I've read and another problem is it that it is a $600-700 amp in parts in a fancy case priced at $6000?

 



DefQon, where have you heard this? From everything I've read it sounds like a world class amp.
post #7148 of 8081
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

The ALO Studio 6 has some serious design flaws from the schematics and stuff I've read and another problem is it that it is a $600-700 amp in parts in a fancy case priced at $6000?

 



DefQon, where have you heard this? From everything I've read it sounds like a world class amp.

 

When I listened to it, it sounded very good to my ears as well.  Maybe I am missing something.  
post #7149 of 8081

Check your PM's.

post #7150 of 8081
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

Check your PM's.

:beerchug:

post #7151 of 8081

Hi all,

 

I would like to find out if there will be noticeable difference in using higher-end DAC. I'm currently using ODAC with Soloist for LCD-2.2 for quite a while.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Cheers

post #7152 of 8081

Thank you guys for your recommendations!

I bought the Schiit Lyr with the Uber Bifrost DAC as well :D

Waiting it to be shipped with impatience.

post #7153 of 8081
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubjubb View Post

Thank you guys for your recommendations!
I bought the Schiit Lyr with the Uber Bifrost DAC as well biggrin.gif
Waiting it to be shipped with impatience.
but we told you to get the mjolnir tongue.gif
post #7154 of 8081

Haha!

Next upgrade maybe.

post #7155 of 8081
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs View Post

Hi all,

I would like to find out if there will be noticeable difference in using higher-end DAC. I'm currently using ODAC with Soloist for LCD-2.2 for quite a while.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Some claim that the odac is no different in terms of sound performance compared to a number of higher scaled dacs.

Some also report otherwise. I've personally never owned a odac long enough to make any statement. But I believe the ones that reported otherwise are likely to be more correct. You've just gotta make that call for yourself, try different dacs, compare. There's no point in taking someone's word that 'this is better than that', there are too many holes to fall in.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2