Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 468

post #7006 of 7692
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula1 View Post
 

 

You made a nice investment goldendarko, are you still using the tenor usb receiver? 


Yeah still just using the default USB receiver, is the upgrade worth it? I've had no problems with it so far, think the upgrade was only like $65 though, so would be a pretty affordable upgrade if it's worth it for improved sound quality.

post #7007 of 7692
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post
 


Yeah still just using the default USB receiver, is the upgrade worth it? I've had no problems with it so far, think the upgrade was only like $65 though, so would be a pretty affordable upgrade if it's worth it for improved sound quality.

 

It's recommended.

There are certain areas of the sound quality that are improved, and better compatibility with certain software. 

post #7008 of 7692
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula1 View Post
 

 

It's recommended.

There are certain areas of the sound quality that are improved, and better compatibility with certain software. 

 

Which software? I am using Songbird on my Windows 7 based PC, have had no problems so far.

post #7009 of 7692
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post
 

 

Which software? I am using Songbird on my Windows 7 based PC, have had no problems so far.

 

I recall some guys having issues with Jplay (Xtream engine) but the latest driver release helped on stability. 

post #7010 of 7692
Yeah I've got up to date drivers. No issues so far so I don't see a need to upgrade yet
post #7011 of 7692
You know? sometimes it's good to forget about technicalities and enjoy the music :) specially when you like what you're hearing. 
post #7012 of 7692
My thoughts exactly smily_headphones1.gif
post #7013 of 7692
deleted - duplicate

Edited by vkalia - 12/19/13 at 4:35am
post #7014 of 7692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zashoomin View Post
 

Haha thats why I try to stay away from tube gear as well.  Plus solid state just tends to work better with the lcd2 anyway

 

Eh?  That's news to me.  2 of the best combos for the LCD2 are supposed to be the Alo Pan Am and the Red Wine Audio.   I have the former - and while I dont have the Cavalli, i do have a different 2A3 amp, and can personally vouch for how amazing that sounds.

 

Let's not just repeat second- and third-hand info and make it into a self-referential truism, please.


Edited by vkalia - 12/19/13 at 4:38am
post #7015 of 7692
also a duplicate - sorry, Safari was acting up
Edited by vkalia - 12/19/13 at 4:36am
post #7016 of 7692
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkalia View Post
 

 

Eh?  That's news to me.  2 of the best combos for the LCD2 are supposed to be the Alo Pan Am and the Red Wine Audio.   I have the former - and while I dont have the Cavalli, i do have a different 2A3 amp, and can personally vouch for how amazing that sounds.

 

Let's not just repeat second- and third-hand info and make it into a self-referential truism, please.

Ok so you dont' have to agree with me but here is what I think.  The ALO Pan Am is good...for portable use.  And RWA is overrated.  I can't say cavalli LG isn't good because it is fantastic but I will say the LAu is better IMHO and it is solid state.  Also the Burson Soloist/Conductor (they are the same amp) Schiit Mjolnir, Beta 22, Vioelectric V200, Head-Amp GS-X MKII (Considered one of the best if not the best pairing)...etc are all solid state and I have heard all of them and can say they all sound fantastic. 

 

Hey if you like your tube stuff great.  Sound is an opinion.  I mean I love my Bottlehead SEX and it powered my LCD2's and I thought it was amazing so if you like your 2A3 amp great don't let anyone else tell you otherwise but don't tell me that I am dumb and regurgitating information from other people.  No, I just agree with them.  And yes I have listen to every single amp I put on that list.  Also, one last comment. If you look at my profile I also have a Beta 22 and I think it sounds better than my SEX and if you don't know already it is solid state. 

 

So any other insults I have to take from you?  or are you done?

post #7017 of 7692
They sound good on both solid state and tube to me. But solid state plays better to their strengths imo. If i had to pick id go with a solid state amp.
post #7018 of 7692
Quote:
Originally Posted by barid View Post

They sound good on both solid state and tube to me. But solid state plays better to their strengths imo. If i had to pick id go with a solid state amp.


I would have to agree, sounds much better on my Conductor than they do on the Peachtree NovaPre, which is tube based, though not technically a headphone amplifier. Sounds too loose and gooey though compared to the Conductor which gives me my damn whiskey the way I like it .... straight.

post #7019 of 7692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zashoomin View Post
 

Ok so you dont' have to agree with me but here is what I think.  The ALO Pan Am is good...for portable use.  And RWA is overrated.  I can't say cavalli LG isn't good because it is fantastic but I will say the LAu is better IMHO and it is solid state.  Also the Burson Soloist/Conductor (they are the same amp) Schiit Mjolnir, Beta 22, Vioelectric V200, Head-Amp GS-X MKII (Considered one of the best if not the best pairing)...etc are all solid state and I have heard all of them and can say they all sound fantastic. 

 

Hey if you like your tube stuff great.  Sound is an opinion.  I mean I love my Bottlehead SEX and it powered my LCD2's and I thought it was amazing so if you like your 2A3 amp great don't let anyone else tell you otherwise but don't tell me that I am dumb and regurgitating information from other people.  No, I just agree with them.  And yes I have listen to every single amp I put on that list.  Also, one last comment. If you look at my profile I also have a Beta 22 and I think it sounds better than my SEX and if you don't know already it is solid state. 

 

So any other insults I have to take from you?  or are you done?

 

The same argument also holds for you - *you* may think solid state is better than tube amps with the LCD2, which is fine (having heard LCD2s off a Bakoon and comparing it to my own amp, I still disagree but that's a subjective thing).    

 

What I take issue with is you presenting that statement as if it as it were a truism that everyone agrees and accepts.    Add an "IMO" there, and I have no issues.

 

And dont get your knickers in a twist - i was disagreeing with you, that's all.  If you think my post was somehow an insult, then you perhaps need to get a skin upgrade, b/c quite frankly, I have *no* idea what part of my post comes across that way.   


Edited by vkalia - 12/19/13 at 6:20pm
post #7020 of 7692

Say what ALO Pam and RWA good with the LCD2's? This is news to me and I've heard both (both pretty bad and overrated).

 

Most people (those have had there fair share experience with both the popular tube and solid state amps available) would tend to agree that the best for the LCD2 is the Mojo, Soloist/Conductor (excluding the $2k+ range amps). You don't hear many people nowadays rave about pairing a tube amp with the LCD2, at least back in the Lyr days where we didn't have the Violectric and Burson offerings, there are better stuff now and for less too.


Edited by DefQon - 12/19/13 at 8:13pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2