- 992 Posts. Joined 11/2013
- Location: USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudezetagged by System, 6/22/10
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/10
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 4/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/27/10
- productLeben CS-300Xtagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 5/12/14 at 2:23am in High-end Audio Forum
- The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one... Last post on 8/2/14 at 6:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 8/14/14 at 8:35am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 5/19/11 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 466post #6976 of 769212/8/13 at 1:42pmYeah I currently see a demo version for sale on Music Direct for $1000, about $300 off retail. If it's a better option than the Lyr/Bifrost I might just pick this thing up as it is right around the same price, and what I am looking to spend. The Burson Conductor is just too far out of my price range right now @ $1850.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6977 of 769212/8/13 at 1:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by goldendarko
Yeah I currently see a demo version for sale on Music Direct for $1000, about $300 off retail. If it's a better option than the Lyr/Bifrost I might just pick this thing up as it is right around the same price, and what I am looking to spend. The Burson Conductor is just too far out of my price range right now @ $1850.
no knobs or buttons on it, don't loose the remote !!post #6978 of 769212/8/13 at 1:50pmpost #6979 of 769212/8/13 at 1:57pmpost #6980 of 769212/8/13 at 2:09pmpost #6981 of 769212/8/13 at 2:14pmQuote:
i may go back to the lyr/ bifrost, you have power to spare, flexibility , and i'm probably going to let the lcd's go, i love grado's, and i want a gs1000i, so, i'm always changing it seemspost #6982 of 769212/8/13 at 2:16pmpost #6983 of 769212/16/13 at 3:04pmpost #6984 of 769212/16/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
i got my 6 watts back ! soloist for sale !! lolpost #6985 of 769212/16/13 at 8:15pmpost #6986 of 769212/16/13 at 8:21pmpost #6987 of 769212/16/13 at 8:24pmQuote:
Yeah, i know the feeling. You can have both
I'm planning to add a tubey amp on my rig, and wait for a good deal on a LCD2
Edited by jackwess - 12/16/13 at 8:26pmpost #6988 of 769212/16/13 at 8:51pmpost #6989 of 769212/17/13 at 3:42amQuote:
That is a pretty good score! Congrats.post #6990 of 769212/17/13 at 3:05pm
Just got my Conductor today (1 day after ordering it too). Sounds amazing so far, way better than my Peachtree Audio NovaPre's headphone output. Much better bass control, really separates the different ranges better as well. Excellent PRaT, this is the best sound quality I've ever heard, though I'm still fairly new to the Hi-Fi world, this amp is absolutely sumptous with my Audeze LCD-2.2's. I am literally scooping my jaw off the floor as I write this....
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone? 21 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Buying headphones for electronic music mostly. budget 150-250€ 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a new Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)