Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 457

post #6841 of 7754

Gary in MD's comments on it from the speaker amp thread are interesting
 

Quote:
The Mjolnir is like a 2D 1080P (or maybe even 4K) HDTV that only reproduces black and white (and to be fair, shades of gray) in 2D.  The details are there, but lifeless, cold, unreal. 

Edited by Poladise - 10/1/13 at 1:53am
post #6842 of 7754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poladise View Post
 

Gary in MD's comments on it from the speaker amp thread are interesting
 

 

ouch. ive heard the same thing about amps like the Bryston BHA-1.

post #6843 of 7754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

i did a while ago too, but after all the GS-X impressions i decided to just go for it instead. i was gonna get mojo for lcd-2/3, wa2 for t1, and basically go down my list and get an amp for each headphone i had.

 

That's how I feel too. Have the Lyr, Soloist, Mojo. Between you, Solude and MacedonianHero, GS-X beckons.

:wink:

post #6844 of 7754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poladise View Post
 

Gary in MD's comments on it from the speaker amp thread are interesting
 

 

Were his comments with reference to a particular headphone with Mojo or generally about the amp. I find the Mojo to be great with the LCDs and the HE 500. YMMV, I suppose.

post #6845 of 7754

 

 

Just a thought...i have the Almarro 318BN. Is it possible to DIY a connector to the speaker binding posts (ending with a 1/4" female connection) to connect my LCD 2s directly to the amp? Or is there the need for some sort of resistor in between (im no electrician, my apologies!).

 

Amp specs as follows:

 

Tube complement: 2x6C33C, 1x6SL7, 1x6SN7
Connections: 3 RCA inputs, 4/8-ohm outputs
Output power: 18wpc

post #6846 of 7754
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post
 

 

Were his comments with reference to a particular headphone with Mojo or generally about the amp. I find the Mojo to be great with the LCDs and the HE 500. YMMV, I suppose.

 

The LCD-3

post #6847 of 7754
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

 

The LCD-3

 

Thanks. To each his own. I am listening to the Mojo/LCD-3 right now. Lifeless ? Dull ? Wow. 

post #6848 of 7754

I don't think any dullness was reported. Its more like turning the colour control all the way down on a TV.


I got a similar impression from the Soloist actually (with LCD2). I tried one for a week and all my music sounded unnaturally colourless / cold / pale.

post #6849 of 7754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poladise View Post
 

I don't think any dullness was reported. Its more like turning the colour control all the way down on a TV.


I got a similar impression from the Soloist actually (with LCD2). I tried one for a week and all my music sounded unnaturally colourless / cold / pale.

 

That's exactly how I felt about the Soloist + LCD2 combo as well. 

post #6850 of 7754
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

 

That's exactly how I felt about the Soloist + LCD2 combo as well. 

 

Me three!

post #6851 of 7754

i thought soloist + lcd-2 was very good, though i did prefer my WA6-SE by a small margin. i guess its just the SS sound.

post #6852 of 7754
After half a year with the Soloist+LCD 2.2, I really can't agree that it makes music lifeless, cold, etc. it is a great combination in my experience. I won't go as far as saying it is end game extremely excellent as I have yet to hear higher end amps, but it has given me many, many enjoyable hours and holy **** moments.

The best compliment I can pay the Soloist NAD M51 combo is that since putting them together, I have not made nor plan to upgrade gear. I am just presently very pleased with this. The soloist with nad m51 makes my LCD 2 and all other cans I have (except the HE500) really shine.
post #6853 of 7754
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZheadcase View Post

After half a year with the Soloist+LCD 2.2, I really can't agree that it makes music lifeless, cold, etc. it is a great combination in my experience. I won't go as far as saying it is end game extremely excellent as I have yet to hear higher end amps, but it has given me many, many enjoyable hours and holy **** moments.

The best compliment I can pay the Soloist NAD M51 combo is that since putting them together, I have not made nor plan to upgrade gear. I am just presently very pleased with this. The soloist with nad m51 makes my LCD 2 and all other cans I have (except the HE500) really shine.

 

u didn't like soloist with HE-500?

post #6854 of 7754

Not that I didn't like them or they weren't good. It feels to me in this setup, the HE500's were the least synergistic. T1, LCD 2, TH900, all excellent. Mucho overkill on the TH900 but excellent as well. 


Edited by NZheadcase - 10/1/13 at 10:11pm
post #6855 of 7754
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZheadcase View Post
 
 I have not made nor plan to upgrade gear. I am just presently very pleased with this. The soloist with nad m51 makes my LCD 2 and all other cans I have (except the HE500) really shine.

If you're happy with your current setup, why upgrade?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2