or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 450

post #6736 of 8699

comes with LCD-3 i think.

post #6737 of 8699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

comes with LCD-3 i think.

 

They used to.

post #6738 of 8699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

comes with LCD-3 i think.

 

I have LCD-2

post #6739 of 8699
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

None I believe. 

 

I guess if you theorhetically ripped a vinyl to FLAC at that bitrate it'd work, but that would require so much work you might as well just get a phono stage and run your cans from your headphone amp as-is lol.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizia View Post
 

 

Just to clarify, NFB 10.33 is warm (WM8741) and NFB 28 is neutral (ES9018)

 

Is that correct?

 

Some people do not like the way the ES9018 sounds. It comes off as "digital" and I've heard it being described as "glassy". The thing is, there is so much that could go right or wrong from the PSU to your output jacks on a DAC that I don't know if a DAC chip specifically sets the tone by itself. That being said yes I've had the Sparrow and FUN back in the day and I can agree with 8741 being warm.

post #6740 of 8699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

comes with LCD-3 i think.

The LCD 3 gets both cables.  See below.   That's why I had to buy the 4 pin XLR cable when I bought my  Mjolnir .   The cable is not a "joke" or "cheap".  It's what's provided with the lcd's and it's good enough until I decided to upgrade to something that looks like a boat anchor chain and adds even more unsprung weight to the HP's.  Yikes, they weight enough already and thats probably why Audeze used the slim wire design.   Anyway, lets get back to the original purpose of this thread shall we, please. 


Edited by Raptor34 - 9/15/13 at 12:18pm
post #6741 of 8699

Has anyone here tried the TEAC HA-501

post #6742 of 8699
There is very little mention of it on Head-Fi.
post #6743 of 8699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
 

Has anyone here tried the TEAC HA-501

There is this:   http://www.head-fi.org/t/646075/teac-ha-501-headphone-amp.   


Edited by Raptor34 - 9/15/13 at 10:59pm
post #6744 of 8699

I have but there aren't any good impressions of the amp with the LCD2 on there so don't be a patronising **** Raptor

post #6745 of 8699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
 

I have but there aren't any good impressions of the amp with the LCD2 on there so don't be a patronising **** Raptor

Huh?  :p    I see you haven't found the spell checker either.  


Edited by Raptor34 - 9/15/13 at 11:25pm
post #6746 of 8699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

 
None I believe. 

I guess if you theorhetically ripped a vinyl to FLAC at that bitrate it'd work, but that would require so much work you might as well just get a phono stage and run your cans from your headphone amp as-is lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizia View Post

 

Just to clarify, NFB 10.33 is warm (WM8741) and NFB 28 is neutral (ES9018)

Is that correct?

Some people do not like the way the ES9018 sounds. It comes off as "digital" and I've heard it being described as "glassy". The thing is, there is so much that could go right or wrong from the PSU to your output jacks on a DAC that I don't know if a DAC chip specifically sets the tone by itself. That being said yes I've had the Sparrow and FUN back in the day and I can agree with 8741 being warm.
That really depends on how its built around the ES9018. My experience with sabre chips are nowhere near "digital" sounding.
post #6747 of 8699
I see you have removed the patronising part of your comment,and what do you by I have found the spell checker? Everything wad spelt correctly as far as I can tell, or are you referring to the automated ****?
post #6748 of 8699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post

I see you have removed the patronising part of your comment,and what do you by I have found the spell checker? Everything wad spelt correctly as far as I can tell, or are you referring to the automated ****?
blink.gif
post #6749 of 8699

I find Sabre chips overrated. At the end of the day it's all about how the IC is implemented in the circuit. 

post #6750 of 8699
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

I find Sabre chips overrated. At the end of the day it's all about how the IC is implemented in the circuit. 

 

24 bit was/is overrated, 32 is just playing a numbers war. Shame you can't really upgrade analog components these days at a fixed cost structure. Thats where the flagship products come in.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2