Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 436

post #6526 of 7692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post
 
I've always had my suspicions that it's a style over substance amp.

Your suspicions is bang on the money. Aesthetics and quality over actual circuit implementation and sound. And that's where most of the money are poured into on the Woo stuff.

post #6527 of 7692
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeljames View Post

 

Audio-gd do not do 'bright' gear.

My amp is most certainly on the brighter side of neutral.  You can tell with a headphone in either extreme.

post #6528 of 7692
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Quote:
I've always had my suspicions that it's a style over substance amp.
Your suspicions is bang on the money. Aesthetics and quality over actual circuit implementation and sound. And that's where most of the money are poured into on the Woo stuff.
My wallet would like to personally thank you for your input. I can now look past the woo stuff.
post #6529 of 7692

I currently own the Vmoda M100 and will be using those on the Go and using my Ferrari T350 on the plane for noise cancelling. My next major investment is going after the LCD2 which I am doing in stages. The headphone amplifier i would like to purchase next. 

 

I was wondering thoughts on the HIFIM8 portable amplifier.

 

 

I was looking at using this as I will be using an Ipod or Iphone 5, or my computer direct through USB. I will be using the regular headphone jack for my M100 and planning on using the balanced XLR cables for the LCD2.

 

So is this the right amplifier if I am looking at LCD2? Also is balanced worth it?

post #6530 of 7692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headphonejunky View Post

So is this the right amplifier if I am looking at LCD2? Also is balanced worth it?

In my experience, very much so.  More power, more control, and a more refined sound.

post #6531 of 7692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headphonejunky View Post

I currently own the Vmoda M100 and will be using those on the Go and using my Ferrari T350 on the plane for noise cancelling. My next major investment is going after the LCD2 which I am doing in stages. The headphone amplifier i would like to purchase next. 

I was wondering thoughts on the HIFIM8 portable amplifier.



I was looking at using this as I will be using an Ipod or Iphone 5, or my computer direct through USB. I will be using the regular headphone jack for my M100 and planning on using the balanced XLR cables for the LCD2.

So is this the right amplifier if I am looking at LCD2? Also is balanced worth it?
I'm sure the portable amp can drive it at decent levels but there's a big difference between portable amps and desktop amps. Personally I've never felt that portable amps do the LCD2 justice. You have to consider other things in the chain as well, and if we're talking about portable stuff then your dac isn't going to be quite ideal for headphones like the LCD2.
post #6532 of 7692

Can somebody comment if Musical Fidelity M1 DAC is good match with LCD2? If not which DAC is better choice for LCD2?

post #6533 of 7692
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentt View Post

Can somebody comment if Musical Fidelity M1 DAC is good match with LCD2? If not which DAC is better choice for LCD2?
Get the one that sounds best to you.
post #6534 of 7692
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentt View Post

Can somebody comment if Musical Fidelity M1 DAC is good match with LCD2? If not which DAC is better choice for LCD2?

 

It does a pretty decent job, but I think the Music Hall 25.3 does better for the money.

post #6535 of 7692
Hi guys what are your thoughts on the TBI Millenia MG3 amp ? And if I do get it, do I need a DAC and which one would be a good one ?
post #6536 of 7692

Would a metrum octave or a jkdac32  be a good match for lcd2.2 and a soloist amp. Or is the v200 a better choose. 

post #6537 of 7692
Quote:
Originally Posted by molika View Post

Would a metrum octave or a jkdac32  be a good match for lcd2.2 and a soloist amp. Or is the v200 a better choose. 
The metrum octave is a great dac. Between the soloist and v200, I prefer the v200.
post #6538 of 7692
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post


I'm sure the portable amp can drive it at decent levels but there's a big difference between portable amps and desktop amps. Personally I've never felt that portable amps do the LCD2 justice. You have to consider other things in the chain as well, and if we're talking about portable stuff then your dac isn't going to be quite ideal for headphones like the LCD2.

So what do you mean by that. What is the big difference between a DAC desktop and a DAC portable. The Hifim8 is a class A portable headphone amplifier. Please explain. I dont want to put my eggs all in one basket if is not right.

post #6539 of 7692
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post


The metrum octave is a great dac. Between the soloist and v200, I prefer the v200.

Finally a headphone amplifier that lists damping factor. Lists it at a 50 ohm load with 800 damping factor. Thats awesome as far as amps are concerned. But why no XLR connectors?

post #6540 of 7692

Thx for your reply DarKen23.   I think I will be going with the v200.

 

Headphonejunky - I've thought about the mjolnir but decided to go SE. All my other cans are SE as are my DACs. Also I can buy the soloist and v200 locally.

 

Cheers

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2