Has anyone had the chance to try both the new Taboo and the Bryston together? Or the Soloist and the Bryston for that matter.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudezetagged by System, 6/22/10
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/10
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 4/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/27/10
- productLeben CS-300Xtagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one... Last post on 7/25/15 at 11:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 2/20/15 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First of all I would like to thank Hifinage (http://www.hifinage.com/) for arranging a review tour and sending this to me. They are really stepping up their game and slowly increasing the product...
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 395
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5912 of 80814/9/13 at 2:48pmOther than the review unit sent to Frank I, no head-fiers have received the brand-new Taboo III yet.
So that's a no on the Taboo and Bryston.
Not sure any of those waiting on the III run SS as well. I do, but I own the II and have no plans to 'upgrade' ATM.post #5913 of 80814/9/13 at 8:26pm
Anyone got a good balanced amp to recommend for the LCD-2?
I'm willing to spend under $1000.
Timpost #5914 of 80814/9/13 at 10:22pmpost #5915 of 80814/9/13 at 10:49pmpost #5916 of 80814/9/13 at 11:40pm
I'll check out the Burson Solist, heard about it quite a lot.
It's not balanced though, so that's a small turn off.
Already have a LYR with Amperex E288CC and Mullards CV2492.
Edited by cssarrow - 4/9/13 at 11:49pmpost #5917 of 80814/10/13 at 12:19amQuote:
Violectric V 181 ! Right now there is one on sale in the sales forum:
The Mjolnir is supposedly a very nice balanced amp too, but with a different character.post #5918 of 80814/10/13 at 12:39amQuote:Originally Posted by AManAnd88Keys
Violectric V 181 ! Right now there is one on sale in the sales forum:
The Mjolnir is supposedly a very nice balanced amp too, but with a different character.
Now you got me thinking about the Mjolnir again.
That Vioelectric V 181 is pretty small.
Makes me question it's internals.
Timpost #5919 of 80814/10/13 at 3:08ampost #5920 of 80814/10/13 at 3:22am
I believe the V181 is the balanced version of the V100. Violectric have talked about also creating a balanced brother of the V200, but their plans for new Violectric amps were delayed (as they were focusing on the new Lake People lineup). Of course, this doesn't mean that the V200 is necessarily better sonically than the V181 running balanced.post #5921 of 80814/10/13 at 4:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Kendoji
I believe the V181 is the balanced version of the V100. Violectric have talked about also creating a balanced brother of the V200, but their plans for new Violectric amps were delayed (as they were focusing on the new Lake People lineup). Of course, this doesn't mean that the V200 is necessarily better sonically than the V181 running balanced.
That's right. With "brother" I mean that both are Violectrics flagship amps at the moment.post #5922 of 80814/10/13 at 7:17amQuote:
Check my sigpost #5923 of 80814/10/13 at 8:12ampost #5924 of 80814/10/13 at 8:28am
can't see the sig on mobile device, boo hoo!
Still hate you for having an LCD-3!
Man really looks like im going for the mjolnir.
Think the gungnir is a good dac to pair with it?
What do you use?post #5925 of 80814/10/13 at 8:35amDAC is the Gungnir. Very happy with the amp, dac, and cans as a system. The dell computer I am using as storage media not so much. Definitely the weak link in my system and not sure what to do about that. Ripping cd's with JRiver and using USB to the dac I have it "jumping" for lack of a better description and then resumes play which is aggravating in the extreme. Worse when playing from internal cd/DVD optical drive. But when it is playing clean sounds awesome.
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Bluedio HT H-Turbine 57mm Driver BT Headphones review 10 seconds ago
- › The Official Grado 325e Owners Club! 49 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Can't pick a pair of headphones, please help! 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 3 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3