Has anyone had the chance to try both the new Taboo and the Bryston together? Or the Soloist and the Bryston for that matter.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudezetagged by System, 6/22/10
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/10
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 4/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/27/10
- productLeben CS-300Xtagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 8/4/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one... Last post on 7/25/15 at 11:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 2/20/15 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 395
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5912 of 81214/9/13 at 2:48pmOther than the review unit sent to Frank I, no head-fiers have received the brand-new Taboo III yet.
So that's a no on the Taboo and Bryston.
Not sure any of those waiting on the III run SS as well. I do, but I own the II and have no plans to 'upgrade' ATM.post #5913 of 81214/9/13 at 8:26pm
Anyone got a good balanced amp to recommend for the LCD-2?
I'm willing to spend under $1000.
Timpost #5914 of 81214/9/13 at 10:22pmpost #5915 of 81214/9/13 at 10:49pmpost #5916 of 81214/9/13 at 11:40pm
I'll check out the Burson Solist, heard about it quite a lot.
It's not balanced though, so that's a small turn off.
Already have a LYR with Amperex E288CC and Mullards CV2492.
Edited by cssarrow - 4/9/13 at 11:49pmpost #5917 of 81214/10/13 at 12:19amQuote:
Violectric V 181 ! Right now there is one on sale in the sales forum:
The Mjolnir is supposedly a very nice balanced amp too, but with a different character.post #5918 of 81214/10/13 at 12:39amQuote:Originally Posted by AManAnd88Keys
Violectric V 181 ! Right now there is one on sale in the sales forum:
The Mjolnir is supposedly a very nice balanced amp too, but with a different character.
Now you got me thinking about the Mjolnir again.
That Vioelectric V 181 is pretty small.
Makes me question it's internals.
Timpost #5919 of 81214/10/13 at 3:08ampost #5920 of 81214/10/13 at 3:22am
I believe the V181 is the balanced version of the V100. Violectric have talked about also creating a balanced brother of the V200, but their plans for new Violectric amps were delayed (as they were focusing on the new Lake People lineup). Of course, this doesn't mean that the V200 is necessarily better sonically than the V181 running balanced.post #5921 of 81214/10/13 at 4:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Kendoji
I believe the V181 is the balanced version of the V100. Violectric have talked about also creating a balanced brother of the V200, but their plans for new Violectric amps were delayed (as they were focusing on the new Lake People lineup). Of course, this doesn't mean that the V200 is necessarily better sonically than the V181 running balanced.
That's right. With "brother" I mean that both are Violectrics flagship amps at the moment.post #5922 of 81214/10/13 at 7:17amQuote:
Check my sigpost #5923 of 81214/10/13 at 8:12ampost #5924 of 81214/10/13 at 8:28am
can't see the sig on mobile device, boo hoo!
Still hate you for having an LCD-3!
Man really looks like im going for the mjolnir.
Think the gungnir is a good dac to pair with it?
What do you use?post #5925 of 81214/10/13 at 8:35amDAC is the Gungnir. Very happy with the amp, dac, and cans as a system. The dell computer I am using as storage media not so much. Definitely the weak link in my system and not sure what to do about that. Ripping cd's with JRiver and using USB to the dac I have it "jumping" for lack of a better description and then resumes play which is aggravating in the extreme. Worse when playing from internal cd/DVD optical drive. But when it is playing clean sounds awesome.
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 39 seconds ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 45 seconds ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 5 minutes ago
- › Akg K400 5 minutes ago
- › iDAC2. iFi will Rock you Mac World! (page 34) 5 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 5 minutes ago
- › Post your computer specs!~ 6 minutes ago
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2