Would an Asgard 2 paired with the Modi be a decent combo or would the modi bottle neck the rig?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudezetagged by System, 6/22/10
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/10
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 4/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/27/10
- productLeben CS-300Xtagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 8/4/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one... Last post on 11/12/15 at 7:08am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 2/20/15 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction – The first Soundlink Mini was quite an important product in the portable Bluetooth speaker landscape, it was one of the first speakers to use two opposing passive radiators and also...
Part 1 - TORTURE TEST So, have you ever heard the noise from an old laptop's hard drive spinning-up, or the electronic "chirp" of your mouse cursor moving across your screen during music...
FiiO EM3Comfort is King DisclaimerThe EM3 was a review unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to record my thoughts and impressions on how I found the...
I have had this amp now for about 6 months, and I very much enjoy the sound. I didn't even bother with the stock tubes, they got tossed in favor of a matched pair of GE 5657's, and I have a pair of...
Rhapsodio Solar Note: The custom in-ear in this review was provided at a discounted rate. Rhapsodio is an up and coming manufacturer of both custom in-ears and custom-like universals....
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 385
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5762 of 86253/21/13 at 11:16amQuote:
It would work just fine IMO. The Bifrost is probably one of the last single-ended DAC's you'd need to buy along with some others I have in mind.post #5763 of 86253/21/13 at 11:19am
Yea I want the bi frost but the problem with that is that its out of my price range. Most of my money is being allocated towards the LCD2's themselves and I only have 200-300 bucks left to pick up a Amp/DAC.post #5764 of 86253/21/13 at 11:32am
O2 amp and ODAC for $285......
But beware its totally transparent, adds no coloration.....garbage in ...garbage out....
Will run off of AC or "Pure DC".... thats batteries.
And its has specs that are world class....and have been verified.
- Output impedance less than 2 ohms
- Input impedance >= 10K
- Frequency response +/- 0.25 dB 20 hz – 20 Khz 400 mV 16-600 Ohms
- Phase response less than +/- 2 degrees error 100 hz - 20 Khz 16-600 Ohms
- Absolute phase: Preserved
- Slew Rate greater than 3 V/uS using 10 Khz square wave near full output 600 Ohms
- Distortion under 0.01% 20hz – 20 Khz into 16 – 600 ohms from 10 mV – 400 mV RMS
- Channel separation better than -40 dB @ 16 ohms and –60 dB @ 150 ohms 400 mV RMS
- Channel balance error less than 1 dB at any setting down to –45 dB below max volume
- Noise under –105 dBv (103 dBu) unweighted (5.6 uV or -97 dBr referenced to 400 mV)
- DC offset under 5 mV typical, and ideally, under 20 mV worst case
- 100% stable with any realistic reactive load from 16 – 600 ohms
- Transient ringing and overshoot tightly controlled with all realistic headphone loads and 0.01 uF
- 166 mA per channel, both channels driven, peak current capability at < 1% THD
- 6.25 volts RMS on AC power at < 1% THD into 150 ohms
- 4.5 volts RMS on DC power (nominal battery voltage) at < 1% THD into 150 ohms
After several pieces of Schiit, SOHA ii, Burson, V200, etc...they all are gone except this little world class 'lacking' amp....and dac...
...and if you dont like it you can sell it...and not be that much out of pocket....unlike spending $800 - $1000+ and finding out that you dont like them?? Ouch.
All the best
Alexpost #5765 of 86253/21/13 at 11:41amQuote:
Yup I'd say so. Just to add, I didn't hear a great lot of difference between the Asgard 1 and Magni. The Asgard had a fraction more refinement, maybe a little better soundstaging.
All dacs at this price range, and that includes the Bitfrost all have similar specs and most use the same chips. The ones nearing $300 tend to have better power supplies. My recommendation for a cheap dac would be the Vdac1(or if you can stretch to the mkII even better) its discontinued but if you can pick one up 2nd hand then you'll probs pay about the same as the modi. Using optical or coaxial input, it can compete with any midfi dac :)post #5766 of 86253/21/13 at 11:46ampost #5767 of 86253/21/13 at 12:03pmpost #5768 of 86253/21/13 at 12:27pmpost #5769 of 86253/21/13 at 1:50pmpost #5770 of 86253/21/13 at 2:00pmpost #5771 of 86253/21/13 at 2:09pm
Nice! I could see a place for these in my future... :) Inner voice: No, don't! LCD-2 + Burson Conductor are all you need...
Edited by negura - 3/21/13 at 2:10pmpost #5772 of 86253/21/13 at 2:23pm
"And lo, I saw a mighty beast rise from the waters, and it had written upon its head 'Perfect Wave' and on its back rode the Black One, and the people shall call him 'First Watt' and many headphones will bow to his power."post #5773 of 86253/21/13 at 2:28pmQuote:post #5774 of 86253/21/13 at 2:35pm
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 13 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 25 seconds ago
- › The Tera Player - Thread 2 minutes ago
- › IEM for music listening Budget: $100 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO EM3 - Impression and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 9 minutes ago
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse