Would an Asgard 2 paired with the Modi be a decent combo or would the modi bottle neck the rig?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudezetagged by System, 6/22/10
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/10
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 4/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/27/10
- productLeben CS-300Xtagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 5/12/14 at 2:23am in High-end Audio Forum
- The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one... Last post on 8/2/14 at 6:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 8/14/14 at 8:35am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 5/19/11 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 385
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5762 of 76923/21/13 at 11:16amQuote:
It would work just fine IMO. The Bifrost is probably one of the last single-ended DAC's you'd need to buy along with some others I have in mind.post #5763 of 76923/21/13 at 11:19am
Yea I want the bi frost but the problem with that is that its out of my price range. Most of my money is being allocated towards the LCD2's themselves and I only have 200-300 bucks left to pick up a Amp/DAC.post #5764 of 76923/21/13 at 11:32am
O2 amp and ODAC for $285......
But beware its totally transparent, adds no coloration.....garbage in ...garbage out....
Will run off of AC or "Pure DC".... thats batteries.
And its has specs that are world class....and have been verified.
- Output impedance less than 2 ohms
- Input impedance >= 10K
- Frequency response +/- 0.25 dB 20 hz – 20 Khz 400 mV 16-600 Ohms
- Phase response less than +/- 2 degrees error 100 hz - 20 Khz 16-600 Ohms
- Absolute phase: Preserved
- Slew Rate greater than 3 V/uS using 10 Khz square wave near full output 600 Ohms
- Distortion under 0.01% 20hz – 20 Khz into 16 – 600 ohms from 10 mV – 400 mV RMS
- Channel separation better than -40 dB @ 16 ohms and –60 dB @ 150 ohms 400 mV RMS
- Channel balance error less than 1 dB at any setting down to –45 dB below max volume
- Noise under –105 dBv (103 dBu) unweighted (5.6 uV or -97 dBr referenced to 400 mV)
- DC offset under 5 mV typical, and ideally, under 20 mV worst case
- 100% stable with any realistic reactive load from 16 – 600 ohms
- Transient ringing and overshoot tightly controlled with all realistic headphone loads and 0.01 uF
- 166 mA per channel, both channels driven, peak current capability at < 1% THD
- 6.25 volts RMS on AC power at < 1% THD into 150 ohms
- 4.5 volts RMS on DC power (nominal battery voltage) at < 1% THD into 150 ohms
After several pieces of Schiit, SOHA ii, Burson, V200, etc...they all are gone except this little world class 'lacking' amp....and dac...
...and if you dont like it you can sell it...and not be that much out of pocket....unlike spending $800 - $1000+ and finding out that you dont like them?? Ouch.
All the best
Alexpost #5765 of 76923/21/13 at 11:41amQuote:
Yup I'd say so. Just to add, I didn't hear a great lot of difference between the Asgard 1 and Magni. The Asgard had a fraction more refinement, maybe a little better soundstaging.
All dacs at this price range, and that includes the Bitfrost all have similar specs and most use the same chips. The ones nearing $300 tend to have better power supplies. My recommendation for a cheap dac would be the Vdac1(or if you can stretch to the mkII even better) its discontinued but if you can pick one up 2nd hand then you'll probs pay about the same as the modi. Using optical or coaxial input, it can compete with any midfi dac :)post #5766 of 76923/21/13 at 11:46ampost #5767 of 76923/21/13 at 12:03pmpost #5768 of 76923/21/13 at 12:27pmpost #5769 of 76923/21/13 at 1:50pmpost #5770 of 76923/21/13 at 2:00pmpost #5771 of 76923/21/13 at 2:09pm
Nice! I could see a place for these in my future... :) Inner voice: No, don't! LCD-2 + Burson Conductor are all you need...
Edited by negura - 3/21/13 at 2:10pmpost #5772 of 76923/21/13 at 2:23pm
"And lo, I saw a mighty beast rise from the waters, and it had written upon its head 'Perfect Wave' and on its back rode the Black One, and the people shall call him 'First Watt' and many headphones will bow to his power."post #5773 of 76923/21/13 at 2:28pmQuote:post #5774 of 76923/21/13 at 2:35pm
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 14 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 51 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 2 minutes ago
- › moving from razer head set to a900x; volume control question 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 9 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 10 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)