Would an Asgard 2 paired with the Modi be a decent combo or would the modi bottle neck the rig?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudezetagged by System, 6/22/10
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/10
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 4/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/27/10
- productLeben CS-300Xtagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 5/12/14 at 2:23am in High-end Audio Forum
- The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one... Last post on 7/9/14 at 10:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 5/12/14 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 5/19/11 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 385
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5762 of 75193/21/13 at 11:16amQuote:
It would work just fine IMO. The Bifrost is probably one of the last single-ended DAC's you'd need to buy along with some others I have in mind.post #5763 of 75193/21/13 at 11:19am
Yea I want the bi frost but the problem with that is that its out of my price range. Most of my money is being allocated towards the LCD2's themselves and I only have 200-300 bucks left to pick up a Amp/DAC.post #5764 of 75193/21/13 at 11:32am
O2 amp and ODAC for $285......
But beware its totally transparent, adds no coloration.....garbage in ...garbage out....
Will run off of AC or "Pure DC".... thats batteries.
And its has specs that are world class....and have been verified.
- Output impedance less than 2 ohms
- Input impedance >= 10K
- Frequency response +/- 0.25 dB 20 hz – 20 Khz 400 mV 16-600 Ohms
- Phase response less than +/- 2 degrees error 100 hz - 20 Khz 16-600 Ohms
- Absolute phase: Preserved
- Slew Rate greater than 3 V/uS using 10 Khz square wave near full output 600 Ohms
- Distortion under 0.01% 20hz – 20 Khz into 16 – 600 ohms from 10 mV – 400 mV RMS
- Channel separation better than -40 dB @ 16 ohms and –60 dB @ 150 ohms 400 mV RMS
- Channel balance error less than 1 dB at any setting down to –45 dB below max volume
- Noise under –105 dBv (103 dBu) unweighted (5.6 uV or -97 dBr referenced to 400 mV)
- DC offset under 5 mV typical, and ideally, under 20 mV worst case
- 100% stable with any realistic reactive load from 16 – 600 ohms
- Transient ringing and overshoot tightly controlled with all realistic headphone loads and 0.01 uF
- 166 mA per channel, both channels driven, peak current capability at < 1% THD
- 6.25 volts RMS on AC power at < 1% THD into 150 ohms
- 4.5 volts RMS on DC power (nominal battery voltage) at < 1% THD into 150 ohms
After several pieces of Schiit, SOHA ii, Burson, V200, etc...they all are gone except this little world class 'lacking' amp....and dac...
...and if you dont like it you can sell it...and not be that much out of pocket....unlike spending $800 - $1000+ and finding out that you dont like them?? Ouch.
All the best
Alexpost #5765 of 75193/21/13 at 11:41amQuote:
Yup I'd say so. Just to add, I didn't hear a great lot of difference between the Asgard 1 and Magni. The Asgard had a fraction more refinement, maybe a little better soundstaging.
All dacs at this price range, and that includes the Bitfrost all have similar specs and most use the same chips. The ones nearing $300 tend to have better power supplies. My recommendation for a cheap dac would be the Vdac1(or if you can stretch to the mkII even better) its discontinued but if you can pick one up 2nd hand then you'll probs pay about the same as the modi. Using optical or coaxial input, it can compete with any midfi dac :)post #5766 of 75193/21/13 at 11:46ampost #5767 of 75193/21/13 at 12:03pmpost #5768 of 75193/21/13 at 12:27pmpost #5769 of 75193/21/13 at 1:50pmpost #5770 of 75193/21/13 at 2:00pmpost #5771 of 75193/21/13 at 2:09pm
Nice! I could see a place for these in my future... :) Inner voice: No, don't! LCD-2 + Burson Conductor are all you need...
Edited by negura - 3/21/13 at 2:10pmpost #5772 of 75193/21/13 at 2:23pm
"And lo, I saw a mighty beast rise from the waters, and it had written upon its head 'Perfect Wave' and on its back rode the Black One, and the people shall call him 'First Watt' and many headphones will bow to his power."post #5773 of 75193/21/13 at 2:28pmQuote:post #5774 of 75193/21/13 at 2:35pm
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 35 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. User Card - uploaded! (page 88) 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 10 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 12 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-06-30) 12 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 13 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & comparisons (Added K3003, XBA-H3, S-EM6) 15 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 17 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 17 minutes ago
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)