- 7,252 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one... Last post on 5/16/13 at 4:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 9/11/12 at 4:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 5/19/11 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Are headphone amps frustrating and depressing? Last post on 7/12/11 at 3:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Edited on 5/27/12
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Edited on 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Related Head Gear
- FiiO A1 Mini 2x14W Class-D Digital Audio AmplifierNo review yet.
I bought these back in October and have only been able to enjoy them in the last couple of weeks (i.e. from late April 2013 after ordering in October 2012). I can't stress enough how important it...
Based in the reviews I read here I purchased the SR80i last July 2012. I thought they were way to bright, or as someone else said "ice picks" in the ears. I thought perhaps I needed an amp - and...
One channel of my Denon 250 pre-amp/amp set failed several times per listening session. So I bought the SMSL SA-98 in Hong Kong for a mere € 98,99 including transport. The trip from Hong Kong to...
Introduction First, I’d like to thank the folks at HiSoundAudio for sending me a sample of the Wooduo 2 in ear monitors for review. HiSoundAudio is a Chinese based headphone and earphone...
I ordered these when my Astrotec AM-90s finally bit the bullet. Liking them so far, however the Left side is cutting out possibly due to a short on the plug. Messaged HiFiMan and hope I get...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 368post #5506 of 61342/24/13 at 8:29pmNo, go another direction.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5507 of 61342/24/13 at 9:50pmpost #5508 of 61342/25/13 at 3:59ampost #5509 of 61342/25/13 at 12:36pmpost #5510 of 61342/25/13 at 1:43pmpost #5511 of 61342/25/13 at 2:31pmpost #5512 of 61342/25/13 at 4:33pmQuote:
I would try that Woo Audio WA7. Thats probably the most interesting product I've seen in a long time and I haven't heard a bad product from them.post #5513 of 61342/25/13 at 5:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Chris_Himself
I would try that Woo Audio WA7. Thats probably the most interesting product I've seen in a long time and I haven't heard a bad product from them.. I had heard that a if you are going to Tubes with the LCD-2 you are better off going with a Hybrid design or Solid State. Same goes for the HE500s... Not sure if that's true, but a LOT of folks are saying it is...
Is that a pure Tube amp or a hybrid? I thought I'd read that hybrids or SS amps are the way to go for LCD-2 and HE500 type headphones. Not sure how true it is, but I've seen a lot of people recommend them...
Edited by bareyb - 2/25/13 at 5:17pmpost #5514 of 61342/25/13 at 5:36pmQuote:
What about a bifrost and a lyr? I thought they sounded great with an lcd-3 I had to try a few weeks ago..post #5515 of 61342/25/13 at 5:46pmQuote:
I just ordered one from Amazon and should be here tomorrow. Heard many great things about that DAC/Amp combo. I just hope it's got enough power. It's about 1.5 watts total.post #5516 of 61342/25/13 at 5:57pmQuote:
While I would say that the Lyr is a great option for the LCD-2s, I was never happy with it and the LCD-3s after hearing it paired with better amps (B22/WA22/LF/GS-X).post #5517 of 61342/25/13 at 6:04pmQuote:
I would think it's not ideal but within a budget it could work for someone I guess. Btw, out of all the amps you've tried with the lcd-3s, which gave you the smoothest non-fatiguing sound with them, even at the expense of uttermost detail? I'm finding my mjolnir a little too forward and hard, making my ears hurt a bit.post #5518 of 61342/25/13 at 6:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Uncle00Jesse
I would think it's not ideal but within a budget it could work for someone I guess. Btw, out of all the amps you've tried with the lcd-3s, which gave you the smoothest non-fatiguing sound with them, even at the expense of uttermost detail? I'm finding my mjolnir a little too forward and hard, making my ears hurt a bit.
The Lyr is certainly a worthy short term solution with the LCD-3s. Honestly, the best I've heard the LCD-3s is now with my GS-X since I popped in the upgrade modules. The extra power put the finishing touches on them. Honorable mention goes to the Liquid Fire w/ a quad of E88CC Siemens tubes. The MJ is an agressive amp from what I hear...either you love it or you don't. As well, don't forget to look upstream (DAC / Source) and some burn-in too should help.post #5519 of 61342/25/13 at 11:36pmpost #5520 of 61342/26/13 at 1:22amHRT MSII+
This is currently my favorite setup for under $1000 until I've heard the V200 which is supposedly also a wonderamp for LCD-2's.
Over $1000, I could really only speak on what I have now, which is wonderful but I don't know if you want to embark on the journey of getting balanced cables for the LCD-2.
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) 28 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 42 seconds ago
- › digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread 58 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Pro 900 vs. Beyerdynamic DT770 (80 Ohm) *Updated Review 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Is Sansa Clip + really that good?! 6 minutes ago
- › SONY X1050 - Best MP3 Player Ever!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle by Loquah
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by jeffphus
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by REvandenBERG
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by TheGame21x
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by TKWizard
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by lepermessiah
- › FiiO E09K by Bonavon Vovo
- › Aurisonics ASG-1 Rev 1.3 by kyuuketsuki
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by sunnyape
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by dan.gheorghe
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe