- 8,662 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudezetagged by System, 6/22/10
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/10
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 4/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/27/10
- productLeben CS-300Xtagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 8/4/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one... Last post on 11/12/15 at 7:08am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 2/20/15 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 368post #5506 of 86432/24/13 at 8:29pmNo, go another direction.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5507 of 86432/24/13 at 9:50pmpost #5508 of 86432/25/13 at 3:59ampost #5509 of 86432/25/13 at 12:36pmpost #5510 of 86432/25/13 at 1:43pmpost #5511 of 86432/25/13 at 2:31pmpost #5512 of 86432/25/13 at 4:33pmQuote:
I would try that Woo Audio WA7. Thats probably the most interesting product I've seen in a long time and I haven't heard a bad product from them.post #5513 of 86432/25/13 at 5:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Chris_Himself
I would try that Woo Audio WA7. Thats probably the most interesting product I've seen in a long time and I haven't heard a bad product from them.. I had heard that a if you are going to Tubes with the LCD-2 you are better off going with a Hybrid design or Solid State. Same goes for the HE500s... Not sure if that's true, but a LOT of folks are saying it is...
Is that a pure Tube amp or a hybrid? I thought I'd read that hybrids or SS amps are the way to go for LCD-2 and HE500 type headphones. Not sure how true it is, but I've seen a lot of people recommend them...
Edited by bareyb - 2/25/13 at 5:17pmpost #5514 of 86432/25/13 at 5:36pmQuote:
What about a bifrost and a lyr? I thought they sounded great with an lcd-3 I had to try a few weeks ago..post #5515 of 86432/25/13 at 5:46pmQuote:
I just ordered one from Amazon and should be here tomorrow. Heard many great things about that DAC/Amp combo. I just hope it's got enough power. It's about 1.5 watts total.post #5516 of 86432/25/13 at 5:57pmQuote:
While I would say that the Lyr is a great option for the LCD-2s, I was never happy with it and the LCD-3s after hearing it paired with better amps (B22/WA22/LF/GS-X).post #5517 of 86432/25/13 at 6:04pmQuote:
I would think it's not ideal but within a budget it could work for someone I guess. Btw, out of all the amps you've tried with the lcd-3s, which gave you the smoothest non-fatiguing sound with them, even at the expense of uttermost detail? I'm finding my mjolnir a little too forward and hard, making my ears hurt a bit.post #5518 of 86432/25/13 at 6:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Uncle00Jesse
I would think it's not ideal but within a budget it could work for someone I guess. Btw, out of all the amps you've tried with the lcd-3s, which gave you the smoothest non-fatiguing sound with them, even at the expense of uttermost detail? I'm finding my mjolnir a little too forward and hard, making my ears hurt a bit.
The Lyr is certainly a worthy short term solution with the LCD-3s. Honestly, the best I've heard the LCD-3s is now with my GS-X since I popped in the upgrade modules. The extra power put the finishing touches on them. Honorable mention goes to the Liquid Fire w/ a quad of E88CC Siemens tubes. The MJ is an agressive amp from what I hear...either you love it or you don't. As well, don't forget to look upstream (DAC / Source) and some burn-in too should help.post #5519 of 86432/25/13 at 11:36pmpost #5520 of 86432/26/13 at 1:22amHRT MSII+
This is currently my favorite setup for under $1000 until I've heard the V200 which is supposedly also a wonderamp for LCD-2's.
Over $1000, I could really only speak on what I have now, which is wonderful but I don't know if you want to embark on the journey of getting balanced cables for the LCD-2.
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Please help me choose an amp (or amp/dac) for my Beyerdynamic DT... 17 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 32 seconds ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 34 seconds ago
- › California Headphones Silverado impressions 1 minute ago
- › Mint Sennheiser HD-800 w/Stock Cable, Free Shipping 1 minute ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 2 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: "High-End" Portable CD Player (PCDP)! 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin iHA-6 - the new "affordable reference" class balanced desktop... 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...