Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 354

post #5296 of 7757

Even Fried, the CEO of Violectrics said in a email to me that many of his customers feel the v200 possesses some tube like qualities. 

It's one of the reason I purchased it.  I believe if you go on the V200 thread, there are comments that many tube lovers, selling their tube amp for the V200.

And even Project 86 saying to the effect that if you had a big large amp box with lots of tubes sticking out with a the v200 underneath, that people would not think otherwise.

 

I don't think the v200 is tube like in the sense that it's slow and syrupy but that it's a got kind of holographic presentation that tubes do well. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oxide View Post

And my obligatory 2c. I definitely wouldn't regard the V200 as tube-like in any regard.

post #5297 of 7757

All well and good however, no matter how many people state it sounds tube-like doesn't change what I'm hearing or my opinion of what it sounds like. Like I said, it was just my 2c.


Edited by h2oxide - 1/14/13 at 9:30pm
post #5298 of 7757

Yes, we do all hear differently. wink.gif

post #5299 of 7757

Any recommendation of a good DAC for the Mjolnir or soloist? is the Schiit Modi or bifrost good enough? thanks!

post #5300 of 7757

They're work, but why not go Gungnir and be done? The Schiit stack is really nice.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towwers View Post

Any recommendation of a good DAC for the Mjolnir or soloist? is the Schiit Modi or bifrost good enough? thanks!

post #5301 of 7757

I would rather spend my money on "great music" well recorded and mastered that on cables that really dont anything sonically..and yes I am in the cables dont matter camp after spending A LOT OF MONEY on them to prove to myself how gullible we all can be....They are all sold to happy campers...

 

I dont have an issue having nice stuff, well made, glowing lights etc....lots of power...but the O2 amp and its existance shows me and many others that good audio doesnt have to be really expensive...not saying having expensive stuff precludes a good audio experience.

 

Its good we can agree to disagree on this stuff...instead of flaming....

 

All the best

Alex

post #5302 of 7757

O2 "lacks control over the spectrum???" what is that all about??

 

IMO it has "total control"...whatever that means.....

 

OMG...well....
 

Alex


Edited by adydula - 1/15/13 at 6:52am
post #5303 of 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by adydula View Post

O2 "lacks control over the spectrum???" what is that all about??

 

IMO it has "total control"...whatever that means.....

 

OMG...well....
 

Alex

It was said to be IMO. Do you really not know what I ment or sarcasm, bit trollin'.

 

Anyways, the O2 lacks control in the bottom compared to other amps (such as V200), for example.

post #5304 of 7757

and how do you know it lacks control in the bottom end??

 

please be more specific and what are you listening to that has this low bottom end??

 

Alex


Edited by adydula - 1/15/13 at 7:58am
post #5305 of 7757

A lack of control usually implies the possibility of bleed and boominess. It can also tend to sound slow. 

 

Why can't you accept the fact that the O2 just isn't the master race of amps in a lot of people's eyes? If you're happy with it, then stick with it. 

 

It's great for the price, but to most people (and you don't need 'golden ears' to hear it) think there are better amps out there. How many other amps have you tried?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adydula View Post

and how do you know it lacks control in the bottom end??

 

please be more specific and what are you listening to that has this low bottom end??

 

Alex

post #5306 of 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

A lack of control usually implies the possibility of bleed and boominess. It can also tend to sound slow. 

 

Why can't you accept the fact that the O2 just isn't the master race of amps in a lot of people's eyes? If you're happy with it, then stick with it. 

 

It's great for the price, but to most people (and you don't need 'golden ears' to hear it) think there are better amps out there. How many other amps have you tried?

 

Spot on.

post #5307 of 7757

You guys are killing me....

 

Please define "bleed" ...again you have got to be kidding right????

 

So what are you listening to where you hear "bleed: and or "bloom"....my goodness this is such an exact science...

 

So because i ask you what it is your trying to explain I am challenged by how many amps have i listened to???

 

Here's my answer to you: A LOT.

 

Thats just as clear as loss of control bleed or bloom......

 

OMG...this is too funny

 

Alex

post #5308 of 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by adydula View Post

You guys are killing me....

 

Please define "bleed" ...again you have got to be kidding right????

 

So what are you listening to where you hear "bleed: and or "bloom"....my goodness this is such an exact science...

 

So because i ask you what it is your trying to explain I am challenged by how many amps have i listened to???

 

Here's my answer to you: A LOT.

 

Thats just as clear as loss of control bleed or bloom......

 

OMG...this is too funny

 

Alex

Haha! I listen to mostly metal. However this is pretty much apparent generally regardless of music genre. And more importantly, it's in comparison to other amps.

 

 I'll take the Mjolnir, for example. In comparison to the O2, there's better resolution, details, bass and control across the spectrum.

Meaning, the O2 is missing out on detail cues, the bass also seems loose (as in not as focused and slow).

 

 

MT asked how many amps you've listened to to gauge your experience with gear. Otherwise, it's a kind of  ignorance is bliss thing.

 

 

Familiarize yourself. Or don't, that's cool, too.


Edited by paradoxper - 1/15/13 at 10:16am
post #5309 of 7757

I'm not questioning the number of amps you've heard because you don't 'get the terms I use'. I'm questioning it because you're going back and forth with a guy that I know for a fact has heard a lot of good equipment. 

 

Just trying to gauge your experience, not attack you. Calm down.

 

A LOT isn't really an answer. You could have listened to A LOT of FiiO amps for all I know. So let me pull one from your playbook...Please define 'a lot'.

 

Bleed would imply the bass making the mids less clear. Thus, not being under control. It's a common issue that I've heard in cheaper amps with the LCD 2. It's present on a number of my test tracks with this combo you love so much. One of the most noticeable being 'Sledgehammer' by Peter Gabriel. 

 

EDIT: Wow Para, we said almost the exact same thing. :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adydula View Post

You guys are killing me....

 

Please define "bleed" ...again you have got to be kidding right????

 

So what are you listening to where you hear "bleed: and or "bloom"....my goodness this is such an exact science...

 

So because i ask you what it is your trying to explain I am challenged by how many amps have i listened to???

 

Here's my answer to you: A LOT.

 

Thats just as clear as loss of control bleed or bloom......

 

OMG...this is too funny

 

Alex


Edited by MorbidToaster - 1/15/13 at 10:18am
post #5310 of 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

 

EDIT: Wow Para, we said almost the exact same thing. :D

 

Slow poke. tongue.gif

 

Oh and I have a feeling our collective thoughts go no where.


Edited by paradoxper - 1/15/13 at 10:30am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2