- 179 Posts. Joined 12/2011
- Location: Russian Federation, Samara
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudezetagged by System, 6/22/10
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/10
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 4/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/27/10
- productLeben CS-300Xtagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 1/21/15 at 5:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one... Last post on 11/20/14 at 9:10am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 2/20/15 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Firstly, I'd like to thank @H20Fidelity for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which organises these tours for members...
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample of Turbo X provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 335post #5011 of 79349/8/12 at 9:47amI've heard about Little Dot, but they are not popular, I'm afraid to do deal with them. I found opinions that Lyr is nice with LCD-2 and HD800, but as you said, it is not really tube warm sound. Though I found a popular Russian company "Laconic" who's producing a non-OTL tube amp "Night Blues mini". Price is bit more than Lyr, but I think and another people tells that it is what I find. Thank you RedBull for advicing.!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5012 of 79349/8/12 at 10:07am
Hey, that's cute. Only that I don't understand what it says in the website. Ok, I ask my uncle to translate below =>
That's a hybrid design. Yeah, OTL is not so suitable for LCD-2 anyway.
You can maybe consider a used DNA Sonett, little bit stretching your budget, but it is transformer coupled amp.
I am also tempted to try this one.
Laconic Lunch box H-AMP
Данный усилитель специально разработан для использования с низкоомными наушниками от 24 Om до 600 Om. Наилучшие результаты были получены от 32 до 300 Om.
В гибридном усилителе Lunch Box H-AMP применены миниатюрные лампы 6С31Б-Р. Усилитель сочетает в себе преимущество ламповых и транзисторных усилителей, высокую мощность с низкоомными наушниками и мягкое комфортное ламповое звучание. Лаконик H-AMP выполнен в едином дизайне усилителей и ЦАП серии LunchBox. Лампы располагаются внутри корпуса под вентиляционными отверстиями, таким образом, лампы защищены от случайного прикосновения.
Усилитель Лаконик LunchBox H-AMP обладает ровной амплитудно-частотной характеристикой. Благодаря низкому полному выходному сопротивлению, при подключении разных наушников c разными импедансами, в наушниках не будет изменения в АЧХ. Выходной уровень сопротивления для низкоомных наушников в 16 Ом составляет около 1 В, для высокоомных около 7 В. Данный уровень будет достаточен для наушников со средней и низкой
Laconic Lunch box H-AMP
This amplifier is designed for use with low-impedance headphones from 24 to 600 Om Om. The best results were obtained from 32 to 300 Om.
In the hybrid amplifier Lunch Box H-AMP applied miniature lamps 6S31B-R. Amplifier combines the advantages of tube and transistor amplifiers, high power with low impedance headphones and a comfortable soft tube sound. Laconia H-AMP made in a single amplifier design and DAC series LunchBox. Lamps located inside a vented, so the lamps are protected against accidental contact.
Amplifier Laconia LunchBox H-AMP has a flat frequency response. Due to the low output impedance, connecting different headphones c different impedances, the headphones will not change in response. Output resistance level for low resistance headphones at 16 ohms is about 1 to about 7 of high B. This level will be sufficient for headphones with medium and low sensitivity.
================================================================================================================post #5013 of 79349/8/12 at 10:12am
Ooops, sorry, I pasted the wrong amp, should be this one what you are looking for:
Size WxHxD in mm 195h135h250
Hmm, not too big, not a Hybrid, looks good too.
Please post impression once you get one :)
Headphone Amplifier Laconic Night Blues NB-3A
2012 model year. Universal tube amplifier designed for low impedance and high-impedance load. Has a transformer output, which makes it possible to get the highest quality sound. In the new lamps are used, originally developed for audio applications - is the input and the output light 6N8S 6P6S. In headphone amplifier used a specially designed low-noise power supply circuit. NB-3A features high output power and can handle high-impedance headphones. For that there are two outputs for low resistance and high impedance headphones.
The emphasis in the design was made to the highest quality work with low impedance tube amp headphones. In conventional tube amplifiers for compatibility with low-impedance headphones added resistance, on the one hand reduces the output power, and the other sounding headphones turns tonally colored, that is not always acceptable. For this reason, it is tube sound quality can be enjoyed only in the high impedance headphones. Circuitry Night Blues is optimized primarily with low-impedance headphones and now for the low-impedance headphones do not need to use a transistor amplifier.
Night Blues, not a hybrid, combines the advantages of the transistor and tube amp, being all-tube, though the amplifier can be to work with a low-impedance load. At the moment, the amplifier is the flagship of the headphone amplifier of Laconia.
Edited by RedBull - 9/8/12 at 10:15ampost #5014 of 79349/8/12 at 11:02ampost #5015 of 79349/8/12 at 12:01pmpost #5016 of 79349/8/12 at 1:32pm
Edit: Oops sorry, didn't see the following posts. I see danik's not interested in LD anyway!
^ Good advice and comments RedBull but I don't know about the LD 1+.
You mean the tube-hybrid right? Stock?
I have it - great with Grados for its price, but not nearly enough power for LCD2.
But like I said, mine is stock. I know some people rolled tubes and chips. There's a thread about it somewhere round here. Maybe there's a combination that works...
Edited by AiDee - 9/8/12 at 1:36pmpost #5017 of 79349/8/12 at 7:19pm
^ I see.
I never heard LD 1+ actually, but with the rated power, I am surprised it does not have enough power for LCD.
32 ohms: 800mW
120 ohms: 300mW
300 ohms: 150mW
Cos I have BCL with the lower rated power and I am very happy with it, but I have to set medium gain, otherwise not so dynamic.
60 Ohms: 400mW
300 Ohms: 200mWpost #5018 of 79349/8/12 at 11:51pm
^ I agree, based on these figures (btw, RMS or peak?) the LD1+ should be capable of about 500mW (RMS? Peak?) into 50 ohms; 427mW into 60. The 32 ohm figure suggests it has sufficient peak current.
Yet it definitely was very underpowered compared to the Meier Concerto, which has similar figures to the BCL???
One of life's mysteries!post #5019 of 79349/9/12 at 12:23am
Hey, i'm in the market for an amp to my LCD-2, budget around ~160$~ . i currently don't have anything to do them justice, i'm looking at :
Audioengine D1 170$ =====> good dac with an amp
Topping TP D2 165$ ======> good amp with a dac
which one will have a better synergy with the LCD-2, I don't care about the portability of the D1 at all or anything except for the sound. i'll drive them with one of these for about 3-4 months till i can get them a proper set up.post #5020 of 79349/9/12 at 2:14ampost #5021 of 79349/9/12 at 4:28ampost #5022 of 79349/11/12 at 11:03ampost #5023 of 79349/11/12 at 11:16am
They're pretty darn quiet noise-wise too.
sepost #5024 of 79349/11/12 at 11:17am
Yeah, I saw me some batteries with "AC" on them. But right after the "AC" they said "Delco."
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan RE-600 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on Sennheiser HD 419? 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 6 minutes ago
- › Dac/amp recommendations for Grado SR225e 6 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S5 audio review 7 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts? 7 minutes ago
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper - pics to follow soon 8 minutes ago
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2