- 177 Posts. Joined 12/2011
- Location: Russian Federation, Samara
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudezetagged by System, 6/22/10
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/10
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 4/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/27/10
- productLeben CS-300Xtagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 5/12/14 at 2:23am in High-end Audio Forum
- The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one... Last post on Yesterday at 10:01 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 5/12/14 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 5/19/11 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 335post #5011 of 75199/8/12 at 9:47amI've heard about Little Dot, but they are not popular, I'm afraid to do deal with them. I found opinions that Lyr is nice with LCD-2 and HD800, but as you said, it is not really tube warm sound. Though I found a popular Russian company "Laconic" who's producing a non-OTL tube amp "Night Blues mini". Price is bit more than Lyr, but I think and another people tells that it is what I find. Thank you RedBull for advicing.!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5012 of 75199/8/12 at 10:07am
Hey, that's cute. Only that I don't understand what it says in the website. Ok, I ask my uncle to translate below =>
That's a hybrid design. Yeah, OTL is not so suitable for LCD-2 anyway.
You can maybe consider a used DNA Sonett, little bit stretching your budget, but it is transformer coupled amp.
I am also tempted to try this one.
Laconic Lunch box H-AMP
Данный усилитель специально разработан для использования с низкоомными наушниками от 24 Om до 600 Om. Наилучшие результаты были получены от 32 до 300 Om.
В гибридном усилителе Lunch Box H-AMP применены миниатюрные лампы 6С31Б-Р. Усилитель сочетает в себе преимущество ламповых и транзисторных усилителей, высокую мощность с низкоомными наушниками и мягкое комфортное ламповое звучание. Лаконик H-AMP выполнен в едином дизайне усилителей и ЦАП серии LunchBox. Лампы располагаются внутри корпуса под вентиляционными отверстиями, таким образом, лампы защищены от случайного прикосновения.
Усилитель Лаконик LunchBox H-AMP обладает ровной амплитудно-частотной характеристикой. Благодаря низкому полному выходному сопротивлению, при подключении разных наушников c разными импедансами, в наушниках не будет изменения в АЧХ. Выходной уровень сопротивления для низкоомных наушников в 16 Ом составляет около 1 В, для высокоомных около 7 В. Данный уровень будет достаточен для наушников со средней и низкой
Laconic Lunch box H-AMP
This amplifier is designed for use with low-impedance headphones from 24 to 600 Om Om. The best results were obtained from 32 to 300 Om.
In the hybrid amplifier Lunch Box H-AMP applied miniature lamps 6S31B-R. Amplifier combines the advantages of tube and transistor amplifiers, high power with low impedance headphones and a comfortable soft tube sound. Laconia H-AMP made in a single amplifier design and DAC series LunchBox. Lamps located inside a vented, so the lamps are protected against accidental contact.
Amplifier Laconia LunchBox H-AMP has a flat frequency response. Due to the low output impedance, connecting different headphones c different impedances, the headphones will not change in response. Output resistance level for low resistance headphones at 16 ohms is about 1 to about 7 of high B. This level will be sufficient for headphones with medium and low sensitivity.
================================================================================================================post #5013 of 75199/8/12 at 10:12am
Ooops, sorry, I pasted the wrong amp, should be this one what you are looking for:
Size WxHxD in mm 195h135h250
Hmm, not too big, not a Hybrid, looks good too.
Please post impression once you get one :)
Headphone Amplifier Laconic Night Blues NB-3A
2012 model year. Universal tube amplifier designed for low impedance and high-impedance load. Has a transformer output, which makes it possible to get the highest quality sound. In the new lamps are used, originally developed for audio applications - is the input and the output light 6N8S 6P6S. In headphone amplifier used a specially designed low-noise power supply circuit. NB-3A features high output power and can handle high-impedance headphones. For that there are two outputs for low resistance and high impedance headphones.
The emphasis in the design was made to the highest quality work with low impedance tube amp headphones. In conventional tube amplifiers for compatibility with low-impedance headphones added resistance, on the one hand reduces the output power, and the other sounding headphones turns tonally colored, that is not always acceptable. For this reason, it is tube sound quality can be enjoyed only in the high impedance headphones. Circuitry Night Blues is optimized primarily with low-impedance headphones and now for the low-impedance headphones do not need to use a transistor amplifier.
Night Blues, not a hybrid, combines the advantages of the transistor and tube amp, being all-tube, though the amplifier can be to work with a low-impedance load. At the moment, the amplifier is the flagship of the headphone amplifier of Laconia.
Edited by RedBull - 9/8/12 at 10:15ampost #5014 of 75199/8/12 at 11:02ampost #5015 of 75199/8/12 at 12:01pmpost #5016 of 75199/8/12 at 1:32pm
Edit: Oops sorry, didn't see the following posts. I see danik's not interested in LD anyway!
^ Good advice and comments RedBull but I don't know about the LD 1+.
You mean the tube-hybrid right? Stock?
I have it - great with Grados for its price, but not nearly enough power for LCD2.
But like I said, mine is stock. I know some people rolled tubes and chips. There's a thread about it somewhere round here. Maybe there's a combination that works...
Edited by AiDee - 9/8/12 at 1:36pmpost #5017 of 75199/8/12 at 7:19pm
^ I see.
I never heard LD 1+ actually, but with the rated power, I am surprised it does not have enough power for LCD.
32 ohms: 800mW
120 ohms: 300mW
300 ohms: 150mW
Cos I have BCL with the lower rated power and I am very happy with it, but I have to set medium gain, otherwise not so dynamic.
60 Ohms: 400mW
300 Ohms: 200mWpost #5018 of 75199/8/12 at 11:51pm
^ I agree, based on these figures (btw, RMS or peak?) the LD1+ should be capable of about 500mW (RMS? Peak?) into 50 ohms; 427mW into 60. The 32 ohm figure suggests it has sufficient peak current.
Yet it definitely was very underpowered compared to the Meier Concerto, which has similar figures to the BCL???
One of life's mysteries!post #5019 of 75199/9/12 at 12:23am
Hey, i'm in the market for an amp to my LCD-2, budget around ~160$~ . i currently don't have anything to do them justice, i'm looking at :
Audioengine D1 170$ =====> good dac with an amp
Topping TP D2 165$ ======> good amp with a dac
which one will have a better synergy with the LCD-2, I don't care about the portability of the D1 at all or anything except for the sound. i'll drive them with one of these for about 3-4 months till i can get them a proper set up.post #5020 of 75199/9/12 at 2:14ampost #5021 of 75199/9/12 at 4:28ampost #5022 of 75199/11/12 at 11:03ampost #5023 of 75199/11/12 at 11:16am
They're pretty darn quiet noise-wise too.
sepost #5024 of 75199/11/12 at 11:17am
Yeah, I saw me some batteries with "AC" on them. But right after the "AC" they said "Delco."
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 25 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 33 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and... 4 minutes ago
- › One interface to replace three !?... 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)