Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 325

post #4861 of 7570

The 160D is alright, but if you want to upgrade to hifiman (HE-5/6) headphones in the future (headphones that need a lot of current) the Burson soloist. 

As a 3 on 1 solution the 160D is hard to beat though. 

post #4862 of 7570
I'm tempted with Audio gd Master 8. It looks powerful enough to shake lcd-2 driver. Can somebody bought one and give impression? :-D
post #4863 of 7570

Have heard very positive impressions of the Master 8 paired with the LCD-2 / 3. Having owned some Audio Gd gear, I can tell you that they are analog sounding with a slighter darker / laid back presentation. For the asking price they represent very good value for money.

post #4864 of 7570

SA-31 from audio-gd is another interesting option at $449

 

10000 MW  /   40 ohm
8000 MW    /   50 ohm
4000 MW    /   100 ohm
1400 MW    /   300 ohm
700 MW      /   600 ohm

 

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/SA/SA31/SA31EN_Specs.htm

post #4865 of 7570

everything sounds good with the lcd-2
 

post #4866 of 7570

Of all the amps I have listened to and own, I find the violectrics to be the best match for my ears

post #4867 of 7570

Personally, I find the LCD2 to be quite a coloured headphone but in the best possible waybigsmile_face.gif.

 

Any quality amp with enough power and the LCD2 should sound very good....there is no definitive best amp for this Headphone, it is more a matter of if you like the LCD2's character.

 

My thoughts after owning the LCD2 for about 3 months............................. 

post #4868 of 7570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidar View Post

SA-31 from audio-gd is another interesting option at $449

 

10000 MW  /   40 ohm
8000 MW    /   50 ohm
4000 MW    /   100 ohm
1400 MW    /   300 ohm
700 MW      /   600 ohm

 

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/SA/SA31/SA31EN_Specs.htm

Why would you ever need a head-amp with that kind of juice?  Is King-Wa catering to people who only have a K1000 and HE-6 in their collection?

post #4869 of 7570
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagothur View Post

Why would you ever need a head-amp with that kind of juice?  Is King-Wa catering to people who only have a K1000 and HE-6 in their collection?

 

You know, some people care mostly for power. 

That's curious. 

post #4870 of 7570

some people equate power with quality of amp and the power requirements of the lcd are vastly over-exagerated
 

post #4871 of 7570
Quote:
Originally Posted by setamp View Post

Look for a used beta22.  It is perfect with the lcd-2.

 


This.

I just got a Used B22 with Dual o22 PSU.
This amp is just amazing with my LCD2v2's, the best sound ive heard from them yet. Very liquid, dynamic, and detailed with amazing bass, and yet not fatiguing at all.

 

This will be my main amp for a long time. So lucky i found one for a great price.

 

The LCD2's and B22 are paired with the Wyred 4 Sound DAC1 (w/ Supercaps) which is fed by the Audio-GD Digital Interface DSP & PSU.

 

Ive been through many amps, dacs, and cans in the last two years (see my profile) and i can honestly say that i can stay with this system for many years without a change.

IMO im done buying headphone gear now, although i'd still like to try some beyer T1's at one point.

post #4872 of 7570
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren700 View Post


This.

I just got a Used B22 with Dual o22 PSU.
This amp is just amazing with my LCD2v2's, the best sound ive heard from them yet. Very liquid, dynamic, and detailed with amazing bass, and yet not fatiguing at all.

 

This will be my main amp for a long time. So lucky i found one for a great price.

 

The LCD2's and B22 are paired with the Wyred 4 Sound DAC1 (w/ Supercaps) which is fed by the Audio-GD Digital Interface DSP & PSU.

 

Ive been through many amps, dacs, and cans in the last two years (see my profile) and i can honestly say that i can stay with this system for many years without a change.

IMO im done buying headphone gear now, although i'd still like to try some beyer T1's at one point.

 

 

I totally agree, I love the LCD-2.2 with the Beta 22.  However, the LCD-3 is still out there for the taking.  LCD-3 + β22 should be just as awesome.

post #4873 of 7570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

Of all the amps I have listened to and own, I find the violectrics to be the best match for my ears

Did you happened to listen to Master 8, Ultra?
post #4874 of 7570

I'm having a dilemma of the worst at the moment. 

 

My only cans are the LCD2 rev2.

 

First, looking into the Lyr somehow led me to looking for a $500 tube. So I looked further, and this led me to, "if I don't get a $200+ tube, Amperex White Label PQ 6922, etc, I will not get as good of a sound I could get, and with the money I should get some other amp. 

 

This then led me to the Mjolnir; I'm still waiting on more impressions and reviews. Somehow, I came across the fact that the Apex Peak / Volcano sounded superior to most out there, including a 4ch B22, which is unbelievable. But this is $2000+, way out of my budget. Also, I'm hoping not to deal with tubes... so I look into the Apex Arete. Still expensive with the Volcano but I thought maybe I should get the Volcano later. But there's one problem: I don't have a high end DAC to match with... only an ODAC with RCA out. So I look into a cheaper amp... come across the Apex Butte, and a comparison review with the Arete without Volcano. It seems I would prefer the sound of the Butte over the Arete, reading that Butte is more mid-centric and has better soundstage depth and center image. 

 

With the Butte being $500, it was certainly a nice choice. However, BECAUSE it's $500, I thought, "I could extend $250 more and get the Mjolnir..." Then I happen to come across the fact that Schiit will be releasing the Statement amp/dac later this year as their flagship models.

 

Now I just don't know where I am. It seems like I would enjoy the Peak or Arete with Volcano.... Maybe I should hold onto the Arete without the Volcano, and get it later when I can afford it? But that would be trapping myself into spending $700 on a Volcano PSU... AND a high end DAC like a W4S DAC2. That's TOO much money.

 

 

What's your take on this?

 

Mine is to wait on the Mjolnir reviews.

post #4875 of 7570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

I'm having a dilemma of the worst at the moment. 

My only cans are the LCD2 rev2.

First, looking into the Lyr somehow led me to looking for a $500 tube. So I looked further, and this led me to, "if I don't get a $200+ tube, Amperex White Label PQ 6922, etc, I will not get as good of a sound I could get, and with the money I should get some other amp. 

This then led me to the Mjolnir; I'm still waiting on more impressions and reviews. Somehow, I came across the fact that the Apex Peak / Volcano sounded superior to most out there, including a 4ch B22, which is unbelievable. But this is $2000+, way out of my budget. Also, I'm hoping not to deal with tubes... so I look into the Apex Arete. Still expensive with the Volcano but I thought maybe I should get the Volcano later. But there's one problem: I don't have a high end DAC to match with... only an ODAC with RCA out. So I look into a cheaper amp... come across the Apex Butte, and a comparison review with the Arete without Volcano. It seems I would prefer the sound of the Butte over the Arete, reading that Butte is more mid-centric and has better soundstage depth and center image. 

With the Butte being $500, it was certainly a nice choice. However, BECAUSE it's $500, I thought, "I could extend $250 more and get the Mjolnir..." Then I happen to come across the fact that Schiit will be releasing the Statement amp/dac later this year as their flagship models.

Now I just don't know where I am. It seems like I would enjoy the Peak or Arete with Volcano.... Maybe I should hold onto the Arete without the Volcano, and get it later when I can afford it? But that would be trapping myself into spending $700 on a Volcano PSU... AND a high end DAC like a W4S DAC2. That's TOO much money.


What's your take on this?

Mine is to wait on the Mjolnir reviews.

Welcome to Head-Fi... Your wallets' in fire. wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2