I myself want to research this amplifier a bit more. As well as wait for what Jude has to say.
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/10/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 9/10/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/10/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/10/10
- productJH Audio JH-3A DSP Amplifiertagged by System, 9/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- Reshell JH13 or JH16s with UM Last post on 6/30/11 at 11:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Using a custom IEM without an amp (JH audio) Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive custom in-ear suggestions? Last post on 12/3/11 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
JH Audio JH-3A - Are you getting it?
Poll Results: JH Audio JH-3A - Are you getting it?
76 Total Votespost #1 of 286/3/10 at 7:51pmThread Starter
13% (10)Yes, for my JH16 Pro's.
9% (7)Yes, for my JH13 Pro's
3% (3)Yes for both of my JH13 and JH16 Pro's
30% (23)I'm not sure, yet.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 286/4/10 at 9:10amThread Starterpost #3 of 286/6/10 at 2:27pmpost #4 of 286/6/10 at 4:18pm
Sitting on the fence for a very long time....
From my personal experience of only just getting my first customs in the 16pros to find out two -three weeks later the JH-3A exists/made public and the logistical properties this amp posses in needing my 16 pros to be modified to use with the amp thus not been able to use them with another amp again so soon after my first custom purchase in the JHpros is a bit of a killer at the moment.
I still have to get a twag yet and my first porta amp and would of thought the Protector balanced would suffice for my first amp whilst JHA evolve in the next couple of years as it seems they are reaching the boosters off part and reaching orbit since their 2007 launch as JHA.
I was contemplating a second pair next year, before i heard about this amp, so having the 16pros currently and was thinking of the 13's next stop, not knowing though if by then Jerry will have a predecessor to the 16's with even more drivers perhaps also (who knows?).
So leaves me a bit perplexed when the time does come if i did get the JH-3A would i get them with the 13's and use my 16's as they are for mobile use or have a pair of 13's standard and get the 16's modified?
I know this amp is designed as is but if it was done in a way that i could use the ear monitors with other amps still then it would of been an easier decision for sure.
With the pace that JHA are moving at currently i will see what Jerry has to offer in the next year or two then.....unless i win the Lottery in the mean time of course.post #5 of 286/6/10 at 5:38pmThread Starterpost #6 of 286/6/10 at 5:59pmpost #7 of 286/6/10 at 7:33pm
Btw, The 2 IEMs are very close, but Jerry said the JH16 has the edge because it has more bass capacity and with the adjustable bass control, you can make it sound essentially just like a JH13.post #8 of 286/6/10 at 7:36pm
I am thinking of getting it with the 16s. Now just waiting for a refit with the 13s. Wanta keep them for the road and many amps, 16s seem more finicky so good with an amp built for them. So answer was not sure yet.post #9 of 286/6/10 at 7:38pmThread StarterQuote:
The bass control increases and decreases the intensity of the 50hz region then correct?post #10 of 286/6/10 at 7:55pmpost #11 of 286/6/10 at 8:30pmThread Starterpost #12 of 286/6/10 at 8:40pm
This surprises me. I would have thought the opposite.post #13 of 286/7/10 at 12:46ampost #14 of 286/7/10 at 1:21am
It's a far better practice to take away what is already present (bass) than to add what isn't there in the first place.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-3A - Are you getting it?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Does anyone have anything to say against me buy a Shure SE215? 17 seconds ago
- › Are Soul by Ludacris any good? 2 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 2 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Help with my first desktop listening rig 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 7 minutes ago
- › Best Studio Headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2