I myself want to research this amplifier a bit more. As well as wait for what Jude has to say.
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/10/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 9/10/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/10/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/10/10
- productJH Audio JH-3A DSP Amplifiertagged by System, 9/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- Reshell JH13 or JH16s with UM Last post on 6/30/11 at 11:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Using a custom IEM without an amp (JH audio) Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive custom in-ear suggestions? Last post on 12/3/11 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was looking for an excellent universal IEM with multiple drivers to fit my portable listening needs. Ideally, I would have my beloved LCD-2's in a portable package. I have become addicted to the...
First I’d like to thank Rock Jaw for sending me the Alfa Genus for review. If you haven’t heard of Rock Jaw before, I don’t blame you. They are a rather new company that recently came out with a...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
This is a work in progress, everytime I listen to them with a different source, there's always something new emerging and changing the overall perspective someway. Sources used: Macbook Pro,...
JH Audio JH-3A - Are you getting it?
Poll Results: JH Audio JH-3A - Are you getting it?
76 Total Votespost #1 of 286/3/10 at 7:51pmThread Starter
13% (10)Yes, for my JH16 Pro's.
9% (7)Yes, for my JH13 Pro's
3% (3)Yes for both of my JH13 and JH16 Pro's
30% (23)I'm not sure, yet.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 286/4/10 at 9:10amThread Starterpost #3 of 286/6/10 at 2:27pmpost #4 of 286/6/10 at 4:18pm
Sitting on the fence for a very long time....
From my personal experience of only just getting my first customs in the 16pros to find out two -three weeks later the JH-3A exists/made public and the logistical properties this amp posses in needing my 16 pros to be modified to use with the amp thus not been able to use them with another amp again so soon after my first custom purchase in the JHpros is a bit of a killer at the moment.
I still have to get a twag yet and my first porta amp and would of thought the Protector balanced would suffice for my first amp whilst JHA evolve in the next couple of years as it seems they are reaching the boosters off part and reaching orbit since their 2007 launch as JHA.
I was contemplating a second pair next year, before i heard about this amp, so having the 16pros currently and was thinking of the 13's next stop, not knowing though if by then Jerry will have a predecessor to the 16's with even more drivers perhaps also (who knows?).
So leaves me a bit perplexed when the time does come if i did get the JH-3A would i get them with the 13's and use my 16's as they are for mobile use or have a pair of 13's standard and get the 16's modified?
I know this amp is designed as is but if it was done in a way that i could use the ear monitors with other amps still then it would of been an easier decision for sure.
With the pace that JHA are moving at currently i will see what Jerry has to offer in the next year or two then.....unless i win the Lottery in the mean time of course.post #5 of 286/6/10 at 5:38pmThread Starterpost #6 of 286/6/10 at 5:59pmpost #7 of 286/6/10 at 7:33pm
Btw, The 2 IEMs are very close, but Jerry said the JH16 has the edge because it has more bass capacity and with the adjustable bass control, you can make it sound essentially just like a JH13.post #8 of 286/6/10 at 7:36pm
I am thinking of getting it with the 16s. Now just waiting for a refit with the 13s. Wanta keep them for the road and many amps, 16s seem more finicky so good with an amp built for them. So answer was not sure yet.post #9 of 286/6/10 at 7:38pmThread StarterQuote:
The bass control increases and decreases the intensity of the 50hz region then correct?post #10 of 286/6/10 at 7:55pmpost #11 of 286/6/10 at 8:30pmThread Starterpost #12 of 286/6/10 at 8:40pm
This surprises me. I would have thought the opposite.post #13 of 286/7/10 at 12:46ampost #14 of 286/7/10 at 1:21am
It's a far better practice to take away what is already present (bass) than to add what isn't there in the first place.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-3A - Are you getting it?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 1 second ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 46 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 2 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-A8 DAC/Amp and other Fostex gear 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 3 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)