I myself want to research this amplifier a bit more. As well as wait for what Jude has to say.
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/10/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 9/10/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/10/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/10/10
- productJH Audio JH-3A DSP Amplifiertagged by System, 9/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- Reshell JH13 or JH16s with UM Last post on 6/30/11 at 11:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Using a custom IEM without an amp (JH audio) Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive custom in-ear suggestions? Last post on 12/3/11 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
JH Audio JH-3A - Are you getting it?
Poll Results: JH Audio JH-3A - Are you getting it?
76 Total Votespost #1 of 286/3/10 at 7:51pmThread Starter
13% (10)Yes, for my JH16 Pro's.
9% (7)Yes, for my JH13 Pro's
3% (3)Yes for both of my JH13 and JH16 Pro's
30% (23)I'm not sure, yet.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 286/4/10 at 9:10amThread Starterpost #3 of 286/6/10 at 2:27pmpost #4 of 286/6/10 at 4:18pm
Sitting on the fence for a very long time....
From my personal experience of only just getting my first customs in the 16pros to find out two -three weeks later the JH-3A exists/made public and the logistical properties this amp posses in needing my 16 pros to be modified to use with the amp thus not been able to use them with another amp again so soon after my first custom purchase in the JHpros is a bit of a killer at the moment.
I still have to get a twag yet and my first porta amp and would of thought the Protector balanced would suffice for my first amp whilst JHA evolve in the next couple of years as it seems they are reaching the boosters off part and reaching orbit since their 2007 launch as JHA.
I was contemplating a second pair next year, before i heard about this amp, so having the 16pros currently and was thinking of the 13's next stop, not knowing though if by then Jerry will have a predecessor to the 16's with even more drivers perhaps also (who knows?).
So leaves me a bit perplexed when the time does come if i did get the JH-3A would i get them with the 13's and use my 16's as they are for mobile use or have a pair of 13's standard and get the 16's modified?
I know this amp is designed as is but if it was done in a way that i could use the ear monitors with other amps still then it would of been an easier decision for sure.
With the pace that JHA are moving at currently i will see what Jerry has to offer in the next year or two then.....unless i win the Lottery in the mean time of course.post #5 of 286/6/10 at 5:38pmThread Starterpost #6 of 286/6/10 at 5:59pmpost #7 of 286/6/10 at 7:33pm
Btw, The 2 IEMs are very close, but Jerry said the JH16 has the edge because it has more bass capacity and with the adjustable bass control, you can make it sound essentially just like a JH13.post #8 of 286/6/10 at 7:36pm
I am thinking of getting it with the 16s. Now just waiting for a refit with the 13s. Wanta keep them for the road and many amps, 16s seem more finicky so good with an amp built for them. So answer was not sure yet.post #9 of 286/6/10 at 7:38pmThread StarterQuote:
The bass control increases and decreases the intensity of the 50hz region then correct?post #10 of 286/6/10 at 7:55pmpost #11 of 286/6/10 at 8:30pmThread Starterpost #12 of 286/6/10 at 8:40pm
This surprises me. I would have thought the opposite.post #13 of 286/7/10 at 12:46ampost #14 of 286/7/10 at 1:21am
It's a far better practice to take away what is already present (bass) than to add what isn't there in the first place.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-3A - Are you getting it?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Replacing Philips HP890 58 seconds ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Allnic HPA-3000 2 minutes ago
- › Using EQ for headphones? Good or bad? 3 minutes ago
- › 2014 Model SMSL SAP-5 Portable Headphone Amplifer Introduction /... 5 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)