I myself want to research this amplifier a bit more. As well as wait for what Jude has to say.
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/10/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/10/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 9/10/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/10/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/10/10
- productJH Audio JH-3A DSP Amplifiertagged by System, 9/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- Reshell JH13 or JH16s with UM Last post on 6/30/11 at 11:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Using a custom IEM without an amp (JH audio) Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive custom in-ear suggestions? Last post on 12/3/11 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
DUNU TITAN 5 Quick Review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806906/dunu-titan-5-review-by-mark2410 Brief: DUNU have triplets. Price: £95 or...
For larger (1200 x 800) images, click any pictureINTRODUCTION A lot of you will see the style and information with this review as being pretty similar to the one I did on the AM2. And the reality...
Brainwavz IntroABOUT USBrainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of...
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
JH Audio JH-3A - Are you getting it?
Poll Results: JH Audio JH-3A - Are you getting it?
76 Total Votespost #1 of 286/3/10 at 7:51pmThread Starter
13% (10)Yes, for my JH16 Pro's.
9% (7)Yes, for my JH13 Pro's
3% (3)Yes for both of my JH13 and JH16 Pro's
30% (23)I'm not sure, yet.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 286/4/10 at 9:10amThread Starterpost #3 of 286/6/10 at 2:27pmpost #4 of 286/6/10 at 4:18pm
Sitting on the fence for a very long time....
From my personal experience of only just getting my first customs in the 16pros to find out two -three weeks later the JH-3A exists/made public and the logistical properties this amp posses in needing my 16 pros to be modified to use with the amp thus not been able to use them with another amp again so soon after my first custom purchase in the JHpros is a bit of a killer at the moment.
I still have to get a twag yet and my first porta amp and would of thought the Protector balanced would suffice for my first amp whilst JHA evolve in the next couple of years as it seems they are reaching the boosters off part and reaching orbit since their 2007 launch as JHA.
I was contemplating a second pair next year, before i heard about this amp, so having the 16pros currently and was thinking of the 13's next stop, not knowing though if by then Jerry will have a predecessor to the 16's with even more drivers perhaps also (who knows?).
So leaves me a bit perplexed when the time does come if i did get the JH-3A would i get them with the 13's and use my 16's as they are for mobile use or have a pair of 13's standard and get the 16's modified?
I know this amp is designed as is but if it was done in a way that i could use the ear monitors with other amps still then it would of been an easier decision for sure.
With the pace that JHA are moving at currently i will see what Jerry has to offer in the next year or two then.....unless i win the Lottery in the mean time of course.post #5 of 286/6/10 at 5:38pmThread Starterpost #6 of 286/6/10 at 5:59pmpost #7 of 286/6/10 at 7:33pm
Btw, The 2 IEMs are very close, but Jerry said the JH16 has the edge because it has more bass capacity and with the adjustable bass control, you can make it sound essentially just like a JH13.post #8 of 286/6/10 at 7:36pm
I am thinking of getting it with the 16s. Now just waiting for a refit with the 13s. Wanta keep them for the road and many amps, 16s seem more finicky so good with an amp built for them. So answer was not sure yet.post #9 of 286/6/10 at 7:38pmThread StarterQuote:
The bass control increases and decreases the intensity of the 50hz region then correct?post #10 of 286/6/10 at 7:55pmpost #11 of 286/6/10 at 8:30pmThread Starterpost #12 of 286/6/10 at 8:40pm
This surprises me. I would have thought the opposite.post #13 of 286/7/10 at 12:46ampost #14 of 286/7/10 at 1:21am
It's a far better practice to take away what is already present (bass) than to add what isn't there in the first place.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-3A - Are you getting it?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 9 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 25 seconds ago
- › Help me upgrade 31 seconds ago
- › Yellowtec PUC2 Lite 33 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 40 seconds ago
- › Noble 4U and Logitech UE 900s 43 seconds ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 51 seconds ago
- › The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread! 57 seconds ago
- › aune X7S Class-A balance output headphone amplifier... 1 minute ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 2 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse