most modern opamps have no need to be class A, modifying a truly modern opamp for class A operation (as easy as a couple of resistors) will often make the sound worse not better. dont buy into catch phrases without knowing why.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 6/3/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/3/10
- productWestone UM3X / 3X - True Triple Armature Drivers In-ear Monitor Professional Earphonetagged by System, 6/3/10
Related Forum Threads
- Ferrari of IEM's? Last post on 1/22/13 at 1:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 3 vs Gr07 vs Sm3 vs Fx700 vs Ie8 vs Ex1000 for electronic music Last post on 1/11/13 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Recommendations on BA-based iem with decent sub bass rumble besides TF10 Last post on 7/3/13 at 9:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Portable class A headphone amps - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Because I'd rather not carry a lot of batteries or a huge amp around if I'm going portable.
didnt you used to have the class a topkit for D10 from hiflight? with some older opamps it works quite well, but most modern chips already runin a or ab stock
EL8201 as buffers for the D10 with AD744 output bypassed class A opamps. I actually like this combo, very warm-sounding.
The battery life seems good, good power too:
UP TO 12 HOURS CONTINUES USE BATTERY LIFE
ONLY 2 TO 3 HOURS CHARGING TIME
"LABORATORY HAND MADE IN THE USA"
A hundred times, a hundred watts per channel, is one thing. But a hundred times what it takes to push in-ear earphones should be tiny in comparison.
What do you need impedance: 56 ohms? 100 times whatever it is can’t be much larger than a ipod. How does that constant current work?
I believe that the HiSound Amp3 mp3 player/amp combo is supposedly Class A. I can definitely tell you that it doesn't offer a lot of headroom so it can drive most IEMS and low imp headphones (32-60 ohms) but it might not get as loud as one would like. Not to mention the hiss on the unit is distracting at times
The AMP3 certainly doesn't drive my iems very well: closed in stereo and loads of hiss, not to mention the somewhat noticeable bass roll off: far from good with earphones. It is comfortable with 100Ω and more.
Thank you I did not know until now that the uAMP109G2 was a class A amp.
What does inefficient and practical have to do with getting the best sound possible? My home amps have that class A sound. Why would anyone want to go on the road with anything less. That is of course unless they have never heard it.
There are too many zeros on that THD+N. It's physically impossible.
- Portable class A headphone amps
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Anyone familiar with Degauss Labs? 16 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Drivers 46 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 47 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 53 seconds ago
- › Best high/midrange closed headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 2 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: B&W P7, PSB M4U2, Momentum, MDR-1R, QC15, DT1350,... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure announcing new SRH1540 in Tokyo today! - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › PS Audio XStream Plus Power Cord - 1.5 M 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi