most modern opamps have no need to be class A, modifying a truly modern opamp for class A operation (as easy as a couple of resistors) will often make the sound worse not better. dont buy into catch phrases without knowing why.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 6/3/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/3/10
- productWestone UM3X / 3X - True Triple Armature Drivers In-ear Monitor Professional Earphonetagged by System, 6/3/10
Related Forum Threads
- Ferrari of IEM's? Last post on 1/22/13 at 1:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 3 vs Gr07 vs Sm3 vs Fx700 vs Ie8 vs Ex1000 for electronic music Last post on 1/11/13 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Recommendations on BA-based iem with decent sub bass rumble besides TF10 Last post on 7/3/13 at 9:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Portable class A headphone amps - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I really don't understand why someone would want a class-A HP amp. I used to own a class-A mono-block pair of amps for a full range ribbon speakers but for HP application?
Because I'd rather not carry a lot of batteries or a huge amp around if I'm going portable.
didnt you used to have the class a topkit for D10 from hiflight? with some older opamps it works quite well, but most modern chips already runin a or ab stock
EL8201 as buffers for the D10 with AD744 output bypassed class A opamps. I actually like this combo, very warm-sounding.
The battery life seems good, good power too:
UP TO 12 HOURS CONTINUES USE BATTERY LIFE
ONLY 2 TO 3 HOURS CHARGING TIME
"LABORATORY HAND MADE IN THE USA"
A hundred times, a hundred watts per channel, is one thing. But a hundred times what it takes to push in-ear earphones should be tiny in comparison.
What do you need impedance: 56 ohms? 100 times whatever it is can’t be much larger than a ipod. How does that constant current work?
I believe that the HiSound Amp3 mp3 player/amp combo is supposedly Class A. I can definitely tell you that it doesn't offer a lot of headroom so it can drive most IEMS and low imp headphones (32-60 ohms) but it might not get as loud as one would like. Not to mention the hiss on the unit is distracting at times
The AMP3 certainly doesn't drive my iems very well: closed in stereo and loads of hiss, not to mention the somewhat noticeable bass roll off: far from good with earphones. It is comfortable with 100Ω and more.
Thank you I did not know until now that the uAMP109G2 was a class A amp.
What does inefficient and practical have to do with getting the best sound possible? My home amps have that class A sound. Why would anyone want to go on the road with anything less. That is of course unless they have never heard it.
There are too many zeros on that THD+N. It's physically impossible.
- Portable class A headphone amps
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 11 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 27 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › European Headphone Temporary Trading Club (Wanna try cans for... 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 4th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2015... 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Peachtree Shift Dac/Amp (with iOS LIGHTNING CONNECTOR!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Theft of Orpheus at IFA 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 4 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2