most modern opamps have no need to be class A, modifying a truly modern opamp for class A operation (as easy as a couple of resistors) will often make the sound worse not better. dont buy into catch phrases without knowing why.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 6/3/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/3/10
- productWestone UM3X / 3X - True Triple Armature Drivers In-ear Monitor Professional Earphonetagged by System, 6/3/10
Related Forum Threads
- Ferrari of IEM's? Last post on 1/22/13 at 1:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 3 vs Gr07 vs Sm3 vs Fx700 vs Ie8 vs Ex1000 for electronic music Last post on 1/11/13 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Recommendations on BA-based iem with decent sub bass rumble besides TF10 Last post on 7/3/13 at 9:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Portable class A headphone amps - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Because I'd rather not carry a lot of batteries or a huge amp around if I'm going portable.
didnt you used to have the class a topkit for D10 from hiflight? with some older opamps it works quite well, but most modern chips already runin a or ab stock
EL8201 as buffers for the D10 with AD744 output bypassed class A opamps. I actually like this combo, very warm-sounding.
The battery life seems good, good power too:
UP TO 12 HOURS CONTINUES USE BATTERY LIFE
ONLY 2 TO 3 HOURS CHARGING TIME
"LABORATORY HAND MADE IN THE USA"
A hundred times, a hundred watts per channel, is one thing. But a hundred times what it takes to push in-ear earphones should be tiny in comparison.
What do you need impedance: 56 ohms? 100 times whatever it is can’t be much larger than a ipod. How does that constant current work?
I believe that the HiSound Amp3 mp3 player/amp combo is supposedly Class A. I can definitely tell you that it doesn't offer a lot of headroom so it can drive most IEMS and low imp headphones (32-60 ohms) but it might not get as loud as one would like. Not to mention the hiss on the unit is distracting at times
The AMP3 certainly doesn't drive my iems very well: closed in stereo and loads of hiss, not to mention the somewhat noticeable bass roll off: far from good with earphones. It is comfortable with 100Ω and more.
Thank you I did not know until now that the uAMP109G2 was a class A amp.
What does inefficient and practical have to do with getting the best sound possible? My home amps have that class A sound. Why would anyone want to go on the road with anything less. That is of course unless they have never heard it.
There are too many zeros on that THD+N. It's physically impossible.
- Portable class A headphone amps
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD announced 3 minutes ago
- › Misleading recommendations on HE-400? 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › iFi products Discussion Thread iTUBE will be out soon!! 5 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 7 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. LATEST Specifications just added.... 8 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 9 minutes ago
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob