Rather than change the optical back to coax, maybe they can offer optical AND coax both?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/20/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/11/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/16/11
- productJH Audio JH-3A DSP Amplifiertagged by System, 6/11/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Customs IEM and how long it last?? Last post on 1/22/12 at 11:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So what exactly is the point of BA IEMs with more than 2-3 drivers? Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Jerry Harvey Audio JH16 Review: 8 drivers of fun Last post on 2/26/13 at 6:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
JH Audio JH-3A - Page 179post #2671 of 26793/14/11 at 12:49am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2672 of 26793/14/11 at 1:18ampost #2673 of 26793/14/11 at 5:25am
Well, this is supposed to be the big week... Originally I was told that they would begin receiving the amps in batches of 20 and shipping them out as they get them in the 30 days after 2/17. However, I am assuming that with the input issue they are having, their timetable has slipped by up to another month (!?). Even if Jerry came back with all 100 amps this week, the tuning would still take a while IMO.
Idle speculation at this point....
Any predictions on what we will hear this week? If it does slip again, will anyone be canceling or going with the IEMs only?post #2674 of 26793/14/11 at 6:34am
maybe all this was just a excuse in the first place as they needid another excuse/reason to delay the release after making yet another promise they knew they could not keep.
we will get a few more dates that will come and go and anyone actually thinking they would get this within the next 3 months at least is dreaming.post #2675 of 26793/14/11 at 2:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by maxjam2
It just been confirm why admin was so desperate to close this thread
they dont want jh audio being bashed anymore and because of my last message here they banned me
go to the twag v2 thread and see what i post there 2 month ago and even then becoz of those posts they ban me for 2 weeks and i stop posting till now
so even tho admin deny they dont care if you give a sponsor bad feedback that is not true becoz they ban you
it has now happen to me twice becoz i said bad things about whiplash before & now becoz jh audio
i posted here months ago when i first joined with my original account that jh/3a will not release on time and everyone said i was wrong & made bets with me & i was right
this will not release for months just mark my word
If this is the case, I am sorry. As much as I like Head-Fi, the more they rely on adverstising to generate revenue, I am afraid that unbiased reviews and neutrality about equipment issues will go the way of Stereophile and every other high-end audio magazine. This is commerce.
post #2676 of 26793/14/11 at 2:24pm
i think this is more about maxjam being a spewer of battery acid than an accurate reporter of bad experiences with vendors. virtually all of his posts have been vituperative and have not contributed to the discussion. if vendors mistreat customers this does get reported here. but ugly speculation with only negative intent is worse than worthless.post #2677 of 26793/14/11 at 2:45pm
I agree with daveDerek. What good is it going to do if we just keep complaining? It's not going to make it get here any faster. They gave us most of the information that we need and they know just as much as we do. They are trying their best. Keep in mind its their first time doing something like this. I'm no entrepreneur but I would suspect that its not as easy to release something in this scale especially if you have to deal with a third party supplier too. Anyways, I miss my jh 16 pros but I'm sure it will be worth it. Just enjoy your other headphones in the meantime. Watching the news in Japan suddenly doesn't make my headphones that important anymore heh.post #2678 of 26793/14/11 at 3:28pm
I think we should focus discussion on the JHA release. Jerry IS in China and working on the issues.
I am just at a lost on how long it takes to change an optical connector to a coaxial one? I would *assume* not a whole lot but we will see.post #2679 of 26793/17/11 at 1:59pmThread Starter
Head-Fi'er DaveDerek just wrote, and asked me to post the following message from him:Quote:i spoke to both Jerry & Brittany Harvey yesterday and they conveyed the following info. i was hoping that since it's relevant you could add it to this locked thread so all the (many) interested folks could know about it. thanks! i spoke with Jerry Harvey (he's left China) and he confirmed that the JH3a will have 3 inputs - analog (1/8"), mini-usb, and spdif coax (not optical).Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- JH Audio JH-3A
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Ayre Acoustics "Codex" DAC/Headphone Amp 3 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › MINI AUDIO MA01 - SPEC & PHOTOS (DX100 Successor!!) 1 minute ago
- › Brimar v Mullard CV4014 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Need reccomendation on closed back headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 4 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...