Hi, I am looking for a good amp for my T1 and have been reading as much as I have time for here and also been asking everyone I know and trust. I have narrowed it down to four amps below, but am still open for suggestions. I am leaning toward either the NX03 or M1, but don't want to discount the others. I have searched, but either the new search capability isn't what it once was, or there just aren't may comparisons of the below amps.
RudiStor NX03 - a trusted friend has the NX02 and said it is the best amp he has heard under $23K.
CIAudio HPA2 - Small, affordable, and I have read many good things. A different friend just bought this and from a form factor/looks standpoint (which is important to my wife), this is the best.
Decware Zen Select CSP-2 - Rated very high by Skylab in 2008, but how does it compare with the SS amps of today? I am not fond of the look of this amp, though.
Musical Fidelity M1 HPA - Not yet released, but if it is an improvement over the X-CAN V8P, can it be all that bad?
Here are my questions:
- What you would choose and why (your experience with the above amps/other amp)
- Any issues with the above amps that I may not know about
- Links to threads that might not have the keywords/titles that would allow me to easily find them
- How often you have to change the tubes, and if the stock tubes are good enough.
- I know there are aftermarket modifications, and if any of the above offer a mod and you know about it, please let me know.
Thanks in advance for your answers.