Hey guys, I'm so close to finding the perfect product and never visiting this cursed site again (well, the IEM section at least ). I really like my Westone 2s a lot, but there are a few things that could be improved upon. This is going to be a rather long post, but please try to read it all and help me out.
Things about the Westone 2s that I like:
- Reflects what's on the recording (only booming bass in rap, only a large soundstage in classical)
- Can play all of my favorite genres well (which are rock, electronic, video game, classical, jazz, R&B, hip-hop, and rap)
- Entire frequency range is really balanced (bass, mids, and treble are all equally present)
- Bass is smooth/tight (no bumps); mids aren't recessed
- Soundstage can become rather large and airy with good width/depth
- Clear, detailed, transparent sound with great separation, dynamics, and fast
- Still manages to be musical even with all these traits
- Very little sibilance and hiss
- Great build quality. Small, comfortable, and microphonics-free
Things that I want improved:
- Better sub-bass (I had to turn up the volume to hear 20 Hz with these)
- Airier/better extended treble. I want things like cymbals to stand out a little more and sound more realistic. I want to hear them crash.
- Even better imaging (overall the imaging was pretty good, but sometimes it was blurry)
- More liquid texture (particularly instrument texture)
Hopefully I'm not asking for too much for my budget ($300). Please help me find my perfect IEM and free me from this Head-Fi bug!
Edit: clarified a few things
Edited by Bum Rush - 6/10/10 at 2:00pm