OP: i'm assuming when you removed the CE covers they broke (i think they're supposed to break out, according to the service manual) so you ordered them as well... what was the total cost? did you order new locking nuts with the akg logo or re-use the old ones?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado and AKG K601 / K701, *and* [added] Beyer DT880/250's Last post on 10/13/10 at 9:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Akg Questions Last post on 6/17/10 at 8:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K500 Last post on 9/7/10 at 10:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! Last post on Yesterday at 3:37 am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
AKG K701 @ K601 Headband [PICS] - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 426/4/10 at 2:33am
I'm interested in knowing, as I take back EVERYTHING I said about the headbands comfort. I've only had the K701s for a few days now, and yesterday was the first time I could wear them for a prolonged period of time. They really did dug into my skull, and afterwards I put on my DT770s and STILL felt like the K701 was on. O__Opost #18 of 426/4/10 at 2:55amThread Starter
Nothing was broken, but you should be VERY careful. This weekend if i have some time i will post a mini guide :)
post #19 of 426/4/10 at 1:54pm
2458Z46030 $0.84 ea
2458Z44120 $6.48 eta 3-4 weeks
i'm going to have custom headbands made, leather, stingray leather, and croc leather... they will be on par or cheaper than the k601 quote i got from akg (harman) as far as price goes, and i think i'll have a limited run of 12 or so made if anyone is interested.post #20 of 426/4/10 at 2:02pmQuote:
i'm going to have custom headbands made, leather, stingray leather, and croc leather... they will be on par or cheaper than the k601 quote i got from akg (harman) as far as price goes, and i think i'll have a limited run of 12 or so made if anyone is interested.
I would be interested in a leather one, but not stingray or croc. Let me know if your plan progresses.post #21 of 426/9/10 at 10:20ampost #22 of 426/9/10 at 12:20pmpost #23 of 426/14/10 at 9:36ampost #24 of 426/14/10 at 12:09pmpost #25 of 426/14/10 at 12:50pmThread Starter
Sorry, Im REALLY busy with test and work right now, but I will upload the guide soon !!!
"Must have been murderously difficult do so well. " <<< Yes, but if you do it with a friend (not like me :P ) is much easierpost #26 of 426/21/10 at 7:35pmThread Starter
First of all, SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH. Im trying to do this very easy and clear :)
Step 1: You need to free the "transparent" plastic from his guide. (both sides, L and R)
Step 2: With this plastic free, you should go all way up. When yo do this, press the trasparent plastic and the "metal" close to the "CE" logo. Doing this create a separation, you should be able to put a very little screw driver between plastics
Step 3: Unlock the CE logo, do it very softly, do not use much force. Do this in the both sides.
Step 4: Now look the inside of "AKG" locking knob. This knob is made in PLASTIC. To release it, press the four "sections" to inside, and at the same time do some force to the exterior of the headphones. BE CAREFOUL, if you use to much force you can break the plastic. (Call a friend, really, this part is painful). When you free this knob, the elastics go free and the plastic will fall. This is not a problem, is really easy put all together.
Step 5 : Now, put the new headband. Put the trasparent plastic in his guide (L and R sides). Reasembly the elastic part, put the AKG knob and the CE logo. Do some force, the holes are a bit misaligned (because the "curve form" of the headband. Do this with a friend, REALLY :P)
GOOD LUCK :Ppost #27 of 427/17/10 at 11:26amThread Starterpost #28 of 428/7/10 at 1:12pmpost #29 of 428/8/10 at 2:23pmThread Starter
Use a screwdriver to release the trasparent plastic from the plastic guide, you dont need to cut anything.post #30 of 428/14/10 at 7:29pm
nice diagram here:
The AKG logo snaps (29 & 30) and the L and R snaps look to be identical......
I might just try to order the snaps (3 & 7) and flip my K702 band upside down. I am thinking that I will get rid of the sliver rivet and L & R snaps and use items 3 & & to replace them....
Or just drill out items 29 and 30, flip the band and re-rivit back together with "something"...
Edited by fmzip - 8/14/10 at 8:12pm
- AKG K701 @ K601 Headband [PICS]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HM-901 30 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Studio Monitors- Soundcard 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)