OP: i'm assuming when you removed the CE covers they broke (i think they're supposed to break out, according to the service manual) so you ordered them as well... what was the total cost? did you order new locking nuts with the akg logo or re-use the old ones?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado and AKG K601 / K701, *and* [added] Beyer DT880/250's Last post on 10/13/10 at 9:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Akg Questions Last post on 6/17/10 at 8:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K500 Last post on 9/7/10 at 10:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! Last post on 8/8/16 at 3:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Looking down at the vast landscape of Head-Fi and audio technology in general, I have noticed quite a few things over the past two years. Firstly, the crazy products,...
Introduction – It can be hard to find a rational reason to purchase a set of bookshelf speakers when there are so many fantastic computer out there that offer more features and similar sound...
Gear references Favourite: D2000 (balanced with sub-bass and upper-midrange emphasis) Neutrality: SRH940 (though with a slight treble emphasis) IEM reference: Aurisonics...
Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR-2 DAP Review And Impressions - Expatinjapan Head Pie Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2...
AKG K701 @ K601 Headband [PICS] - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 436/4/10 at 2:33am
I'm interested in knowing, as I take back EVERYTHING I said about the headbands comfort. I've only had the K701s for a few days now, and yesterday was the first time I could wear them for a prolonged period of time. They really did dug into my skull, and afterwards I put on my DT770s and STILL felt like the K701 was on. O__Opost #18 of 436/4/10 at 2:55amThread Starter
Nothing was broken, but you should be VERY careful. This weekend if i have some time i will post a mini guide :)
post #19 of 436/4/10 at 1:54pm
2458Z46030 $0.84 ea
2458Z44120 $6.48 eta 3-4 weeks
i'm going to have custom headbands made, leather, stingray leather, and croc leather... they will be on par or cheaper than the k601 quote i got from akg (harman) as far as price goes, and i think i'll have a limited run of 12 or so made if anyone is interested.post #20 of 436/4/10 at 2:02pmQuote:
i'm going to have custom headbands made, leather, stingray leather, and croc leather... they will be on par or cheaper than the k601 quote i got from akg (harman) as far as price goes, and i think i'll have a limited run of 12 or so made if anyone is interested.
I would be interested in a leather one, but not stingray or croc. Let me know if your plan progresses.post #21 of 436/9/10 at 10:20ampost #22 of 436/9/10 at 12:20pmpost #23 of 436/14/10 at 9:36ampost #24 of 436/14/10 at 12:09pmpost #25 of 436/14/10 at 12:50pmThread Starter
Sorry, Im REALLY busy with test and work right now, but I will upload the guide soon !!!
"Must have been murderously difficult do so well. " <<< Yes, but if you do it with a friend (not like me :P ) is much easierpost #26 of 436/21/10 at 7:35pmThread Starter
First of all, SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH. Im trying to do this very easy and clear :)
Step 1: You need to free the "transparent" plastic from his guide. (both sides, L and R)
Step 2: With this plastic free, you should go all way up. When yo do this, press the trasparent plastic and the "metal" close to the "CE" logo. Doing this create a separation, you should be able to put a very little screw driver between plastics
Step 3: Unlock the CE logo, do it very softly, do not use much force. Do this in the both sides.
Step 4: Now look the inside of "AKG" locking knob. This knob is made in PLASTIC. To release it, press the four "sections" to inside, and at the same time do some force to the exterior of the headphones. BE CAREFOUL, if you use to much force you can break the plastic. (Call a friend, really, this part is painful). When you free this knob, the elastics go free and the plastic will fall. This is not a problem, is really easy put all together.
Step 5 : Now, put the new headband. Put the trasparent plastic in his guide (L and R sides). Reasembly the elastic part, put the AKG knob and the CE logo. Do some force, the holes are a bit misaligned (because the "curve form" of the headband. Do this with a friend, REALLY :P)
GOOD LUCK :Ppost #27 of 437/17/10 at 11:26amThread Starterpost #28 of 438/7/10 at 1:12pmpost #29 of 438/8/10 at 2:23pmThread Starter
Use a screwdriver to release the trasparent plastic from the plastic guide, you dont need to cut anything.post #30 of 438/14/10 at 7:29pm
nice diagram here:
The AKG logo snaps (29 & 30) and the L and R snaps look to be identical......
I might just try to order the snaps (3 & 7) and flip my K702 band upside down. I am thinking that I will get rid of the sliver rivet and L & R snaps and use items 3 & & to replace them....
Or just drill out items 29 and 30, flip the band and re-rivit back together with "something"...
Edited by fmzip - 8/14/10 at 8:12pm
- AKG K701 @ K601 Headband [PICS]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 52 seconds ago
- › EarSonics' new 9 BA driver flagship: the S-EM9 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Stereo Lineout Audio Cable 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 10 minutes ago
- › Job Searching 10 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 11 minutes ago
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › OPPO HA-2 by ryanjsoo
- › TFZ Series 1 by Hisoundfi
- › LH Labs Geek Out V2+ by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...