OP: i'm assuming when you removed the CE covers they broke (i think they're supposed to break out, according to the service manual) so you ordered them as well... what was the total cost? did you order new locking nuts with the akg logo or re-use the old ones?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado and AKG K601 / K701, *and* [added] Beyer DT880/250's Last post on 10/13/10 at 9:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Akg Questions Last post on 6/17/10 at 8:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K500 Last post on 9/7/10 at 10:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! Last post on Yesterday at 7:47 pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
AKG K701 @ K601 Headband [PICS] - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 436/4/10 at 2:33am
I'm interested in knowing, as I take back EVERYTHING I said about the headbands comfort. I've only had the K701s for a few days now, and yesterday was the first time I could wear them for a prolonged period of time. They really did dug into my skull, and afterwards I put on my DT770s and STILL felt like the K701 was on. O__Opost #18 of 436/4/10 at 2:55amThread Starter
Nothing was broken, but you should be VERY careful. This weekend if i have some time i will post a mini guide :)
post #19 of 436/4/10 at 1:54pm
2458Z46030 $0.84 ea
2458Z44120 $6.48 eta 3-4 weeks
i'm going to have custom headbands made, leather, stingray leather, and croc leather... they will be on par or cheaper than the k601 quote i got from akg (harman) as far as price goes, and i think i'll have a limited run of 12 or so made if anyone is interested.post #20 of 436/4/10 at 2:02pmQuote:
i'm going to have custom headbands made, leather, stingray leather, and croc leather... they will be on par or cheaper than the k601 quote i got from akg (harman) as far as price goes, and i think i'll have a limited run of 12 or so made if anyone is interested.
I would be interested in a leather one, but not stingray or croc. Let me know if your plan progresses.post #21 of 436/9/10 at 10:20ampost #22 of 436/9/10 at 12:20pmpost #23 of 436/14/10 at 9:36ampost #24 of 436/14/10 at 12:09pmpost #25 of 436/14/10 at 12:50pmThread Starter
Sorry, Im REALLY busy with test and work right now, but I will upload the guide soon !!!
"Must have been murderously difficult do so well. " <<< Yes, but if you do it with a friend (not like me :P ) is much easierpost #26 of 436/21/10 at 7:35pmThread Starter
First of all, SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH. Im trying to do this very easy and clear :)
Step 1: You need to free the "transparent" plastic from his guide. (both sides, L and R)
Step 2: With this plastic free, you should go all way up. When yo do this, press the trasparent plastic and the "metal" close to the "CE" logo. Doing this create a separation, you should be able to put a very little screw driver between plastics
Step 3: Unlock the CE logo, do it very softly, do not use much force. Do this in the both sides.
Step 4: Now look the inside of "AKG" locking knob. This knob is made in PLASTIC. To release it, press the four "sections" to inside, and at the same time do some force to the exterior of the headphones. BE CAREFOUL, if you use to much force you can break the plastic. (Call a friend, really, this part is painful). When you free this knob, the elastics go free and the plastic will fall. This is not a problem, is really easy put all together.
Step 5 : Now, put the new headband. Put the trasparent plastic in his guide (L and R sides). Reasembly the elastic part, put the AKG knob and the CE logo. Do some force, the holes are a bit misaligned (because the "curve form" of the headband. Do this with a friend, REALLY :P)
GOOD LUCK :Ppost #27 of 437/17/10 at 11:26amThread Starterpost #28 of 438/7/10 at 1:12pmpost #29 of 438/8/10 at 2:23pmThread Starter
Use a screwdriver to release the trasparent plastic from the plastic guide, you dont need to cut anything.post #30 of 438/14/10 at 7:29pm
nice diagram here:
The AKG logo snaps (29 & 30) and the L and R snaps look to be identical......
I might just try to order the snaps (3 & 7) and flip my K702 band upside down. I am thinking that I will get rid of the sliver rivet and L & R snaps and use items 3 & & to replace them....
Or just drill out items 29 and 30, flip the band and re-rivit back together with "something"...
Edited by fmzip - 8/14/10 at 8:12pm
- AKG K701 @ K601 Headband [PICS]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Raspberry Pi2 as Music Server? 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 2 minutes ago
- › Mr Speakers Ether 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] Yulong D200 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN EF6 110V Amplifier Barely Used Mint! 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-A15 vs FiiO X1 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Tube Rolling Guide 6SN7/6AS7G/6080/5998 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2