OP: i'm assuming when you removed the CE covers they broke (i think they're supposed to break out, according to the service manual) so you ordered them as well... what was the total cost? did you order new locking nuts with the akg logo or re-use the old ones?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado and AKG K601 / K701, *and* [added] Beyer DT880/250's Last post on 10/13/10 at 9:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Akg Questions Last post on 6/17/10 at 8:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K500 Last post on 9/7/10 at 10:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! Last post on Yesterday at 11:14 pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
AKG K701 @ K601 Headband [PICS] - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 426/4/10 at 2:33am
I'm interested in knowing, as I take back EVERYTHING I said about the headbands comfort. I've only had the K701s for a few days now, and yesterday was the first time I could wear them for a prolonged period of time. They really did dug into my skull, and afterwards I put on my DT770s and STILL felt like the K701 was on. O__Opost #18 of 426/4/10 at 2:55amThread Starter
Nothing was broken, but you should be VERY careful. This weekend if i have some time i will post a mini guide :)
post #19 of 426/4/10 at 1:54pm
2458Z46030 $0.84 ea
2458Z44120 $6.48 eta 3-4 weeks
i'm going to have custom headbands made, leather, stingray leather, and croc leather... they will be on par or cheaper than the k601 quote i got from akg (harman) as far as price goes, and i think i'll have a limited run of 12 or so made if anyone is interested.post #20 of 426/4/10 at 2:02pmQuote:
i'm going to have custom headbands made, leather, stingray leather, and croc leather... they will be on par or cheaper than the k601 quote i got from akg (harman) as far as price goes, and i think i'll have a limited run of 12 or so made if anyone is interested.
I would be interested in a leather one, but not stingray or croc. Let me know if your plan progresses.post #21 of 426/9/10 at 10:20ampost #22 of 426/9/10 at 12:20pmpost #23 of 426/14/10 at 9:36ampost #24 of 426/14/10 at 12:09pmpost #25 of 426/14/10 at 12:50pmThread Starter
Sorry, Im REALLY busy with test and work right now, but I will upload the guide soon !!!
"Must have been murderously difficult do so well. " <<< Yes, but if you do it with a friend (not like me :P ) is much easierpost #26 of 426/21/10 at 7:35pmThread Starter
First of all, SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH. Im trying to do this very easy and clear :)
Step 1: You need to free the "transparent" plastic from his guide. (both sides, L and R)
Step 2: With this plastic free, you should go all way up. When yo do this, press the trasparent plastic and the "metal" close to the "CE" logo. Doing this create a separation, you should be able to put a very little screw driver between plastics
Step 3: Unlock the CE logo, do it very softly, do not use much force. Do this in the both sides.
Step 4: Now look the inside of "AKG" locking knob. This knob is made in PLASTIC. To release it, press the four "sections" to inside, and at the same time do some force to the exterior of the headphones. BE CAREFOUL, if you use to much force you can break the plastic. (Call a friend, really, this part is painful). When you free this knob, the elastics go free and the plastic will fall. This is not a problem, is really easy put all together.
Step 5 : Now, put the new headband. Put the trasparent plastic in his guide (L and R sides). Reasembly the elastic part, put the AKG knob and the CE logo. Do some force, the holes are a bit misaligned (because the "curve form" of the headband. Do this with a friend, REALLY :P)
GOOD LUCK :Ppost #27 of 427/17/10 at 11:26amThread Starterpost #28 of 428/7/10 at 1:12pmpost #29 of 428/8/10 at 2:23pmThread Starter
Use a screwdriver to release the trasparent plastic from the plastic guide, you dont need to cut anything.post #30 of 428/14/10 at 7:29pm
nice diagram here:
The AKG logo snaps (29 & 30) and the L and R snaps look to be identical......
I might just try to order the snaps (3 & 7) and flip my K702 band upside down. I am thinking that I will get rid of the sliver rivet and L & R snaps and use items 3 & & to replace them....
Or just drill out items 29 and 30, flip the band and re-rivit back together with "something"...
Edited by fmzip - 8/14/10 at 8:12pm
- AKG K701 @ K601 Headband [PICS]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 47 seconds ago
- › Pathos Aurium - January 2015 1 minute ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › Closed-back equivalents of DT990? 3 minutes ago
- › really durable portable amp 3 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 3 minutes ago
- › ARRIVED: new Rega DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE 6 plus Norse NORN balance cables with 4pin XLR... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3