New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HD600 cable upgrade - worth it? - Page 12

post #166 of 242

The metal makes all the difference.

post #167 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG POPPA View Post

The metal makes all the difference.


Or at least your brain thinks it does. See what I'm getting at?

post #168 of 242

Yes I see where you are getting at. Why don't you try some different Senn Cables? Hear for yourself instead of arguing every little thing without any experience with any aftermarket or DIY Senn cables?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Injury View Post


Or at least your brain thinks it does. See what I'm getting at?

post #169 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG POPPA View Post

Yes I see where you are getting at. Why don't you try some different Senn Cables? Hear for yourself instead of arguing every little thing without any experience with any aftermarket or DIY Senn cables?


I'm not refuting that they make a psychological difference. So no, you don't.

 

And experiencing a difference without accounting for psychological bias does not prove physical differences, so sighted experience on my part wouldn't affect my position.

post #170 of 242

This whole thread, lol

post #171 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Injury View Post


I'm not refuting that they make a psychological difference. So no, you don't.

 

And experiencing a difference without accounting for psychological bias does not prove physical differences, so sighted experience on my part wouldn't affect my position.

 

Careful now...I suspect one day you'll end up eating crow...

 

If you're so sure, why not go and actually try these cables for yourself. Your opinions hold no water without the requisite experience.

post #172 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahrose View Post

If you're so sure, why not go and actually try these cables for yourself. Your opinions hold no water without the requisite experience.


I explained that the exact opposite was true in the very post you quoted. Did you read it?

 

When real evidence comes out that supports real differences, then I'll call myself wrong openly. However, since I've been asking for that evidence, my position is a little more flexible than those who just ignore all the evidence that's out there now. Like, erm, cable believers. I'm actively searching to prove or disprove my position. You (used in the plural) are wallowing in stagnant, willfully ignorant waters, to continue the aqua analogies.

post #173 of 242

So much for the debate free statement regarding this forum.

 

Myself?  I'll be looking forward to getting my way cool, custom headphone cables to pair with a HD-650.  To paraphrase Justice Stewart:  Don't know what to expect, but I'll know it when I hear it.

 

 

Now all I got's ta do is get the manufacture to return my e-mails so I can send them my money.

 

post #174 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman458 View Post

So much for the debate free statement regarding this forum.

 

Myself?  I'll be looking forward to getting my way cool, custom headphone cables to pair with a HD-650.  To paraphrase Justice Stewart:  Don't know what to expect, but I'll know it when I hear it.


It's not debate-free. It's DBT free. Which is just an artificial barrier against anti-cable (and scientific) arguments set up to protect Head-Fi financial interests. But whatever.

 

And you won't know it when you hear it but you'll think you do, which might work just as well on a personal level. Just don't dive back in here like it's a universal constant 

post #175 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Injury View Post


I explained that the exact opposite was true in the very post you quoted. Did you read it?

 

When real evidence comes out that supports real differences, then I'll call myself wrong openly. However, since I've been asking for that evidence, my position is a little more flexible than those who just ignore all the evidence that's out there now. Like, erm, cable believers. I'm actively searching to prove or disprove my position. You (used in the plural) are wallowing in stagnant, willfully ignorant waters, to continue the aqua analogies.


The empirical evidence you wish for will have you waiting a lifetime. The only thing to trust here are your ears. Once again, like several others here, I'm advising you to listen to the cables before talking/arguing so much about them. Perform a DBT if you have to...

 

Oh and BTW. I never heard cable differences either until I got to a certain point with equipment upgrades. Low-resolution ancillaries aren't going to reveal the subtleties of cable-induced changes...


Edited by Shahrose - 7/5/10 at 7:58pm
post #176 of 242

It's not debate-free. It's DBT free.

 

Okay.  Googled DBT: Double Blind Testing.

 

Doh!

 

And you won't know it when you hear it but you'll think you do.....

 

Well....if I can't get the manufacture to return my e-mail, I'm never going know cause I won't be able to send them my money.

 

Boo, Hoo, Hoo.


Edited by beeman458 - 7/5/10 at 8:04pm
post #177 of 242

How can you explain the opposite without the Senn headphones and the Senn cables. With your gear your ears its your call with it if you hear the difference? You do need to at least go out and listen to a few Senn cables to start to get an opinion of them.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Injury View Post


I explained that the exact opposite was true in the very post you quoted. Did you read it?

 

When real evidence comes out that supports real differences, then I'll call myself wrong openly. However, since I've been asking for that evidence, my position is a little more flexible than those who just ignore all the evidence that's out there now. Like, erm, cable believers. I'm actively searching to prove or disprove my position. You (used in the plural) are wallowing in stagnant, willfully ignorant waters, to continue the aqua analogies.

post #178 of 242

Just don't dive back in here like it's a universal constant 

 

Well.  I got the manufacture to send me an e-mail and we're now hashing out what I'm gonna get.

 

 

Yeah, baby!


Edited by beeman458 - 7/6/10 at 7:16pm
post #179 of 242

That is great, keep us posted. Like to read your impressions.

post #180 of 242

To sum up what I think Head Injury is trying to say:
"That which has been asserted without proof may be dismissed without proof".

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: